Sponsored

How many of you have driven a GT350 vs GT PP?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I think it is easier to customize a GT to make it your own unique car, inside or out. The GT350 is pretty much done from the factory, IMO.
True also.

I've had a few 'special' Mustangs as you can see by my sig, but other than very minor mods (or ones you can't see) I personally always felt like I couldn't really make those cars mine without ruining the special nature of the car. A little frustrating in a way.

My '15 has been fun because anything goes, and I'll never see a duplicate. Of course, if I was a rich guy I'd have a GT350 to sit next to it, but that doesn't seem to be happening....
Sponsored

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
In your position I would wait for the 18 specs. You've got a fun car to drive until you find out what's up.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I kick myself pretty regularly for not trying harder to get a gt350. I treat my 5.0 as a garage queen. Never gets driven in the rain, low mileage Sunday cruiser. But...at the end of the day it's still just a mass produced, nothing special mustang. At least a gt350 would be worthy of the way I treat the car. At the time I just couldn't justify a $60k trophy. In fact, the $40k trophy I ended up with is a bit unnecessary as is. But still...I probably should've done it.

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 'Hellbat'
I feel like the big reason for me to get the GT350 would be the sound, the look and the magnaride. Everyone says the handling and feeling is much better. I'm not sure if that's worth the price.

BadMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So I was heavily considering a GT350 and got the opportunity to drive a used 16. Comparing it to my GT it felt a little slower down low but more rev happy and pulled harder up top. The sound was good but I liked my GT with corsa extremes more to be honest(not really fair to compare stock exhaust to my corsa's I know). Honestly the GT 350 is an awesome car but not 57k awesome. Around town I like my GT more but I am sure the GT 350 would be better on track no doubt. I liked the sound but not as much as my aftermarket exhaust. In all honesty if I wanted a track car the Camaro 1le is just a better buy for the money. Its not as special and doesn't sound as good in my opinion but much cheaper for similar performance. Around town the camaro is definitely more alive too. No hate for this just my personal experience your mileage may vary.

Last edited:

Sponsored

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Im just so adverse to spending over 50K on a car...maybe even 40K...I have made my life mistakes already. I can afford any of these cars but I sure like to do other stuff also...

OP
OP
c-rizzle

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
You didn't wind it out to where you could actually feel it. Remember "90 more horsepower" is at a specific point in the curve, not just anywhere within the curve.
I actually did get it to about 8,000 rpms in first twice. But once again, it took a long time to where it felt like it was actually pulling hard. And like I said I know it would have performed better in the corners with the MagneRide and wider tires. (MagneRide advantage is going away though with the 2018's)

I know this is counter intuitive since the GT350 has a wider range RPM. But it "felt" like my GT pulls harder for a bigger part of the power band. I'm sure on a track the GT350 high RPM could be used.

I think if they let more people actually test drive the GT350 back to back with a GT PP, a lot of people (who were in the market for or bought a GT350) would pick the GT PP for $20k less. And it does takes a Performance Pack GT (w/ 3.73 gears) to be a decent comparison.

A 2018 GT PP with MagneRide, more hp, higher RPM is going to be some REALLY stiff competition to a GT350. The 10-speed auto will also increase acceleration times greatly, though a lot of people don't like comparing Auto vs Manual. I don't think they're going to have a big demand for the GT350 in 2018 like they did in 2016.

In fact, it kind of looks like the market for GT350's is already somewhat saturated as nearly every single Ford dealership I've looked at online has a 2016 or 2017 GT350 or GT350R in stock. Some have 2!

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Have you never seen and heard a GT350 drive by you on the street?

That sound is legit... You don't have to fake anything when you have an 8200-RPM FPC V8 making 526 hp.

If it wasn't for dealer markup + GG tax, a GT350 would be bomb. As it is, I think I lean towards a 2018+ GT myself.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
If I didn't have the disposable income for a 350, I'd pick up a Camaro 1LE. Faster than a GT with better handling. With that being said, the only other car I'd prefer over a 350 under $100K, would be a 350 R.

Siggy550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Owned '15 PP car that I traded for the GT350. I just weekend drive the car for fun. There are times I look in my garage and think why did I spend so much for a car that the GT is just as good for what I use it for and I can mod it nicely and faster in straight line. Then...

Everytime I go drive my GT350 I think I can't get rid of this. The word "special" has been use maybe too much, but its correct. Here's what the GT just can't do IMO:

1. Sound of engine. Just can't replicate or compare. The noises, redline, it's just ridiculous! Plus, once you master the overrun, it's just magic and obnoxious simultaneously. Rev-matched downshifts are just hard to explain. The GT is driving a car and the GT350 is like playing an instrument.

2. Transmission, nothing to say here. The Tremec blows away the GT's.

3. What it is! This car gets treated like exotic in crowds. I was recently at car show with a newer Z06 parked near me, plus several GTs modded nicely... guess which car gets flocked to? People want to know what driving the car is like and live vicarously through me.

I've come to terms with this myself. If I was only looking at performance, the GTPP was the right car. The difference really comes down to the raw experience of the GT350. Best way to summarize it:

I smiled when I drove my GT, I laugh when I drive my GT350. It's just over the top on the driving experience. It's a sum of all the little things: exhaust echo off buildings, a random overrun fire just shifting from 1st to 2nd in casual driving. If you drove one more, you'd understand.

Sponsored

Supermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt pp with recaros
I'm just a lurker, I just have to give credit to Varekai for been honest and not a fanboy. Most people will defend their new car buy.

I daily drive a 17 gt and I think is too much car for the street and gas cost. To be honest I think the ecoboost is the perfect car for the street and daily. If you drive an ecoboost and a 350 under 4K rpm the ecoboost will feel better than the 350 and gt

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I'm just a lurker, I just have to give credit to Varekai for been honest and not a fanboy. Most people will defend their new car buy.

I daily drive a 17 gt and I think is too much car for the street and gas cost. To be honest I think the ecoboost is the perfect car for the street and daily. If you drive an ecoboost and a 350 under 4K rpm the ecoboost will feel better than the 350 and gt
I can confirm this on the ecoboost too. I rented one in California while I had the 350. Definitely much snappier just hitting the gas around town. Granted it was an automatic which changes the feel of things. The only time I noticed a big difference with the ecoboost was at speeds over 40mph, just had no ass whatsoever. And handling of course. But throttle wise it was fun around town.

Ctease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
There is a tool for every job. Choose wisely, do your best and be content with results.

But be careful thinking you're buying a Mustang based on logical daily driver.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
I drove the 2015 gt and was not impressed. My 2017 350 is just over the top more fun.

Macfarland

MacFastang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Prius III Touring
I really really really want a GT350, but I can't justify spending over $60K anytime soon. Maybe when the GT500 hits the streets, the 350 will lose value and I can get my hands on a two year old 350 for around $40K. Wishful thinking?
Sponsored