OP
phrenetiK

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
I don't know if this was discussed here but how many of these cars had stock PP wheels and how many had lighter wheels? Swapping to lighter wheels would increase the whp available. I am assuming the bama tune only car might have lighter wheels. Can we confirm this?
bama tune only guy has the oem foundry wheels.

my wheel and tires are several pounds heavier than stock PP wheels, does that mean with stock wheels i might have broke 450?
Sponsored

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
bama tune only guy has the oem foundry wheels.

my wheel and tires are several pounds heavier than stock PP wheels, does that mean with stock wheels i might have broke 450?
It's my understanding that lowering rotating mass will allow you to accelerate more efficiently due to it stores energy. However it also depends where the weight increase/decrease is and if diameter increased/decreased at the same time. The article I read was very technical and does not just provide a yes or no answer to the question. It also depends on the distance traveled. Probably the only place it may be measurable is on a chassis dyno if at all due to the speed at which it is measured. However that WHP increase, if any, would be tough to translate in an average real world situation, like the 1/4 mile. Here is the article, you can make your own sense of it and make the decision for yourself. My take is, if it would make a difference it would only make that difference on paper. Unless you were doing like miles long races or ran out of other things to actually make power with.

http://www.w8ji.com/rotating_mass_acceleration.htm