Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I live in NC and we have some very cool roads(tail of dragon and blue ridge parkway just to name a few) so I got Mangeride just because why not. I plan on keeping this car forever (or as long as it's feasible) and even if it isn't I will get a second car if I have to. And I'm also very thankful that I still live with my parents. And my 2018 will get the spot next to my mom's Boxster.

If you think you'll go out and ride nice curvy roads then get magneride. I got mine fully speced out. Because it's usually just me or one of my parents. It's hardly ever we all three go somewhere in my 2013.
Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Might make sense to wait a year and save up for both. Also gives time for prices to settle. Of course that might be tough if you only have the family truckster to drive.

On this type of purchase I would be careful about cutting out features and then later regretting it.

-T

Jaggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2018 GT in Kona Blue
Faced with a similar choice I went 401A. It is more then just the dashboard, it’s also a nicer interior, and coming from Audi’s and BMWs I don’t want to feel like I’m stepping down to get a V8.

I expect this will be an unpopular thing to have said, but it’s true. Interior quality has been a turn off previously. I’m not looking for parity, there’s a price difference here, I get that. However, I don’t want it to feel cheap either, I want to love it, and not feel that I settled. I’m going to spend many hours a week here for years to come.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I also did some guessing about Magneride after the early reviews. For me the digital dash was a must because I dislike Ford's splayed out gauge arrangement. For me the choice was Recaros or Magneride. That was a pretty easy choice because I don't think I could fully enjoy Magneride sliding around on the standard seats.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I would go with Magneride, no question. But then I'm irritated by excessive body motions when driving a car. I've also driven cars that were too stiffly suspended and that can be just as bad.

Sponsored

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
gonna sound like heresy, but just to get an idea on the magride, i'd test drive a camaro with and without it. it won't be the same thing, but it'd give you a ballpark idea if you notice the benefits or not

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
both. life is too short. enjoy.

OP
OP

stangrob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP
Faced with a similar choice I went 401A. It is more then just the dashboard, it’s also a nicer interior, and coming from Audi’s and BMWs I don’t want to feel like I’m stepping down to get a V8.

I expect this will be an unpopular thing to have said, but it’s true. Interior quality has been a turn off previously. I’m not looking for parity, there’s a price difference here, I get that. However, I don’t want it to feel cheap either, I want to love it, and not feel that I settled. I’m going to spend many hours a week here for years to come.
Having come from an '05 GT interior quality is a big deal for me too. Although the base GT is a "better" deal I really don't want to deal with hard plastic door panels again. The 400A GT with the upgraded door panels/soft touch materials is important to me. And the extra trim upgrades with the 401A seems like the icing on the cake. I like the idea of the wrapped console, the padding on the side of the dash, and even the hand stitching adds up (and I haven't even mentioned the digital dash yet :) ). So while the extra $2K seems like a lot, I'm at the point in my life where these things matter.

That being said, everyone's input has been great and has helped a lot. I think at this point I'm leaning towards dropping the variable exhaust and using that money towards the MagneRide with the 401A. That should hopefully keep me in my budget range :)

Rob

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Buy a base ecoboost and use the $20,000 left over for a cruise or two once the youngster goes away. Or a nice trip to New Zealand.
gross. cruise ships are the worst. fat people just looking for their next all included meal. not for me.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

I thought that's what Americans did?
Ahem! Not everyone is fat here. Yes, 2/3 of America is in the overweight to obese range, but some of us are in shape.

That's like saying everybody in the UK has bad teeth. I'm sure not everyone does, but most do. :lol:

There are tons of ways to configure a Mustang. Find out what is important to you and ditch the rest. No need to buy things on a car you will never use.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I thought that's what Americans did?
Just because we can. Doesn’t mean we all do it. But you peasants in 3rd world countries probably get that impression.;)

chops44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fathouse 1250R....1992 Gt 39k mile garage queen
I'll throw in my 2 cents. I have a 16 gt350 with magnaride and a 16 gt p/pp car with ford performance x springs and every undercarriage brace steeda makes. On the softest setting the gt350 rides very firm but still corners like it's on rails. The gt rides like a Cadillac and handles very well. It's still a firm ride but there is more absorption going on. I have never driven a bone stock gt, only mine with the upgrades so I don't know if it's the combination I've got or what. I know the gt350 is a purpose built car, but I much rather prefer the ride of the gt, plus it's got a whipple lol! I hope I have helped a little....

OP
OP

stangrob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP
Buy a base ecoboost and use the $20,000 left over for a cruise or two once the youngster goes away. Or a nice trip to New Zealand.
While a trip to New Zealand would be extremely cool, passing up on a V8 would be too much to bear. I suspect at some point V8s will become a thing of the past so I'm grabbing my 460hp version and holding onto it :D

Rob

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
401A + Magride
Magride can change the car from soft to sporty with a push of a button.
Magride should be standard on all cars.
Sponsored