Sponsored

Hill Start Assist

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Hi,

Does anyone know if this can be turned off?
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi,

Does anyone know if this can be turned off?

Yes, easily done within the in car menus. Check your cars manual. :)

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
How does the hill start assist work ?
Its in the driver assist menu.

I would imagine it just sends a command to rear brakes to apply for 2-3s until the clutch is released to just prevent the car from rolling back.

It is easy to disable via going into the driver assist menu and just pressing ok on it.

Sponsored

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
I park outside my house on a bit of a slope. Couldn't pull away thanks to the brakes thinking I needed an assist and having been off the horizontal all night would first feel as if they had rusted to the discs.

Lazyitis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
GT
Ha ha. I didn't know we had hill assist until I saw this thread:doh:. Our drive is like the north face of the Eiger so this will be really useful, especially for the missus who already needs two hands to release the handbrake because it has to be pulled up so tight. Now where's that handbook! :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
One of the first things I disabled, along with auto wipers; I'LL be in charge of when and where to apply these things, thanks! :D
bet you don't use auto lights or cruise control, you've also got a sticker over your rear view mirrors sensor right :lol::lol:!

Jokes aside, Hill Start Assist hasn't been too much of a nuisance for me. As Gibbo said, you can turn it off on the cars information cluster in the dash.

If you want the 'official' thing it does:
The system prevents the car from rolling away when trying to pull away on an up or down gradient, simulating a "handbrake hill start" manual drivers will be familiar with.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Its in the driver assist menu.

I would imagine it just sends a command to rear brakes to apply for 2-3s until the clutch is released to just prevent the car from rolling back.

It is easy to disable via going into the driver assist menu and just pressing ok on it.
I was just curious because on 2-3 occasions I've felt the brakes stick/creak when I've tried to pull away on a flat surface.

Timewarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST 2.5L
Auto everything FTW. Let me concentrate on the actual driving.

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Auto everything FTW. Let me concentrate on the actual driving.
The wipers activating by themselves scares the bejesus out of me... :eek:

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Yep these pointless technologies really get on my nerves. Hill start assists, auto wipers, auto lights, keyless entry (just creates additonal security issues), electric handbrake (thankfully that's not on the Mustang), auto this, auto that. I want to drive the car, not the car drive me! Rant over :)

Timewarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST 2.5L
Yep these pointless technologies really get on my nerves. Hill start assists, auto wipers, auto lights, keyless entry (just creates additonal security issues), electric handbrake (thankfully that's not on the Mustang), auto this, auto that. I want to drive the car, not the car drive me! Rant over :)
I'm the opposite - I love all of that.

However, leave the steering, acceleration, braking and gear changing to me (although I do like the idea of Audi's traffic jam assist - braking, acceleration and auto steering in heavy traffic only).

JB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback
Hill start assist may seem pointless in the UK, because it is mostly flat, but I bet people living in hilly cities in continental Europe would beg to differ. Yes, you can use your handbrake, but if you have to use it on every other junction, on a daily basis, I guess it gets rather annoying after a while.
Sponsored