• Total voters

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Im thinking of powder coating my 6GR wheels when they arrive...IF they ever arrive!:headbonk: I'm really liking the bronze/gold colors that are so popular right now, but also like the dark greys as well. Here are a couple samples of colors I'm thinking of shooting the wheels with.

From left to right is Triple Bronze, Bronze Chrome, and Speedway Black.

Triple Bronze

Bronze Chrome

Speedway Black

This color also looks really nice, it's called Yankee Gold, but my powder coater didn't have a sample on hand of this color.

OR, just stick with the standard color that comes on the 6GR wheels?
Sponsored

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Not digging those bronzes... like the Bronze Burst color, they're really "metallic brown". Blech. That Yankee Gold looks cool, though.

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race red mustang GT premium
speedway black

OP
OP

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Not digging those bronzes... like the Bronze Burst color, they're really "metallic brown". Blech. That Yankee Gold looks cool, though.
Yeah I agree they're too much of a brown tone. I told the coater to order some Yankee Gold and spray some for me.
speedway black
I love speedway and actually had the coater do a set of wheels for my old Bullitt about 6-7 years ago.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Depends on the colour of the car. I'd be going any of the bronzes on a magnetic, DIB or White.

OP
OP

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Diggin' the Yankee Gold. What color is your car?
My car is DIB.

I'm really digging the Yankee also. Pics can be deceiving though so we'll see what it looks like once my powder guys sprays a test piece. I like the other bronzes too, but I think they might be too dark for the look I want.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Speedway. Also coca cola should do a powder coat bottle edition. lol

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
My car is DIB.

I'm really digging the Yankee also. Pics can be deceiving though so we'll see what it looks like once my powder guys sprays a test piece. I like the other bronzes too, but I think they might be too dark for the look I want.
Oh that'll look good. Gold tones can be tough, don't want to go too saturated or too bright depending on the exact blue that you have.

I thought the Yankee was nice because it wasn't too loud and had a nice mix of hue, saturation and value(designer talk).

Good luck and post some pix when done!:thumbsup:

OP
OP

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Oh that'll look good. Gold tones can be tough, don't want to go too saturated or too bright depending on the exact blue that you have.

I thought the Yankee was nice because it wasn't too loud and had a nice mix of hue, saturation and value(designer talk).

Good luck and post some pix when done!:thumbsup:
Totally agree. The real bright golds don't look good on DIB at all and neither do the dark bronzes. I'm thinking the two bronzes I have pictured above are real close to Bronze Burst and that color really only looks appealing in the sun. In and other kind of light it just looks blah. The Yankee Gold is described as "dark gold metallic with a hint of bronze" so I'm thinking it'll be a nice in between of gold and bronze.

I really like the bronze that Velgen uses but have no idea what color they use.