GT350Nick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2017 GT
Hi everyone,

I’m a previous 350 owner that has really regretted getting out of a 350 and am now back in the market for a 350R.

Budget is about 80k cash, located in the mid-west. Looking for a Race Red, Lightening blue, grabber blue, white, or avalanche grey car. Stripes or stripe delete doesn’t matter.

Looking for a 2017+ car with the revised oil filter. Im looking at this listing and wanted to see what the community’s thoughts were.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/link/386199925

Would I need to immediately replace the original 6 year old tires on a 2018? Anything concerning you all see about this listing?

I would also greatly Appreciate if someone could run an oasis report on the vin! 1FA6P8JZ3J5503453

I’m open to other cars if anyone wants to send a few my way! I’ve mainly been looking at car gurus and on Facebook.

Thanks friends!

- Nick
Sponsored

CorralesR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R HR067
Looks great! Looks like a one owner which is nice. Maybe ask if they have contact with the original owner to see if any service or original documentation is available. I'd also set up a visual inspection by you or someone you trust. Regarding the tires. Depends on your usage. If just a weekend pleasure car they're probably OK for another year or so. If spirited driving or track time then they should be replaced. They're near the end of life. You could probably negotiate a couple K to help with replacing the tires.

Last edited:

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
That’s a very nice car. I don’t see anything I’d be concerned with. I’ll call my buddy at the dealership tomorrow and run the vin through ford. Now for the bad. Diamond Motorsports usually has very nice cars. They won’t budge, but to be completely blunt, they don’t have to. That car won’t be there long. That’s actually priced decent in my opinion, especially if you’re going to keep it long term. But it never hurts to ask. I would inquire and make sure the owners pack is with it. I’d reach out to MAGS1, he’s local to them. You might be able to twist his arm in going to take a look at it if you wanted. That’s a great color combination.

MK262556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Nice find. Kinda pricey, I'd offer $70K - $75K for what it is.

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Nice find. Kinda pricey, I'd offer $70K - $75K for what it is.
Are you going off of feel? Or where you’ve seen the market shake out? This price seems reasonable to me for an R in this color / spec / mileage based on where I’ve seen these things trade recently. I’ve actually started to hear of low mileage Rs in specs like this selling for more than this ask…If you can get them to come down, great. If not, I wouldn’t walk over $5K if you love the car and its checks all your boxes, to be honest.

More importantly, fired up for your future purchase - buying a 350 is something you’ll never regret, selling is another story!

And I don’t know this dealer but watching the market for years and feel they’re inventory has been pretty high quality, always having some of the better cars in the market at any given time.

Agree with above on tires…

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Agree with Charlie, Diamond has a few offerings. They don’t typically budge on price but the cars they get are clean and well cared for. Happy to put an initial set of eyes on one if you’re interested.

Chicago Motor Cars is another local dealer. They don’t have an R right now but they do have a 350.

Good luck with your search!

https://www.diamondmotorworks.com/2018-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350r-c-4698/

https://www.diamondmotorworks.com/2016-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350r-hennessey-hpe-850-c-4154/

https://www.chicagomotorcars.com/20...pack-6-speed-manual-only-4k-miles-c-11716.htm

Edit: the Lightning Blue R does have the original documentation per Diamond. I would verify that though and make sure the owners kit is complete

IMG_3064.png

Last edited:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
And FWIW OP, the price feels about right for what R’s have been selling for here. Low mileage 2019 & 2020 R’s have been selling close to $100k (and yes, Diamond has been selling a lot of them) so for a one owner, low miles car they have it priced right. It will not last long at all.

If it does need tires (probably due if they’re the originals), you might be able to get them to wiggle a bit but don’t be surprised if they don’t budge. They typically don’t and they usually don’t have to.

Therealmattlex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
My personal choice is to change tires at least every three years on my mustangs. I've never had an issue but I worry with a lot of heat cycles the traction will deteriorate. If it's my pickup I'll let those go 6.

ecoboost321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R ; 2018 Tesla Model 3
Hi everyone,

I’m a previous 350 owner that has really regretted getting out of a 350 and am now back in the market for a 350R.

Budget is about 80k cash, located in the mid-west. Looking for a Race Red, Lightening blue, grabber blue, white, or avalanche grey car. Stripes or stripe delete doesn’t matter.

Looking for a 2017+ car with the revised oil filter. Im looking at this listing and wanted to see what the community’s thoughts were.

Would I need to immediately replace the original 6 year old tires on a 2018? Anything concerning you all see about this listing?

I would also greatly Appreciate if someone could run an oasis report on the vin! 1FA6P8JZ3J5503453

I’m open to other cars if anyone wants to send a few my way! I’ve mainly been looking at car gurus and on Facebook.

Thanks friends!

- Nick
Where are you located ? I live in south Florida, and am in process of listing my 2016 Oxford White GT350R for sale. Has the spin on oil filter, but has not had any issues or consumed any oil in the 20,000 miles I have driven it. PM me if interested

Sponsored

MK262556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Are you going off of feel? Or where you’ve seen the market shake out? This price seems reasonable to me for an R in this color / spec / mileage based on where I’ve seen these things trade recently. I’ve actually started to hear of low mileage Rs in specs like this selling for more than this ask…If you can get them to come down, great. If not, I wouldn’t walk over $5K if you love the car and its checks all your boxes, to be honest.

More importantly, fired up for your future purchase - buying a 350 is something you’ll never regret, selling is another story!

And I don’t know this dealer but watching the market for years and feel they’re inventory has been pretty high quality, always having some of the better cars in the market at any given time.

Agree with above on tires…
Well, this is a 2018 GT350R with 1,100 miles, so it's either a collector's car, garage queen, or an investment car. I'm not paying the Collector's Car Fee, the Garage Queen Fee or even worse....the Investment Car Fee.

I'd offer $70K to $75K for it, if not walk away from it. As the extended warranties on these GT350s expire, they'll lose more value anyway (per the market), the Voodoo is not a cheap engine, and it carries the licensed- Shelby premium.

I'm not a car collector, so I'd want to drive it like any regular American. 😎

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Well, this is a 2018 GT350R with 1,100 miles, so it's either a collector's car, garage queen, or an investment car. I'm not paying the Collector's Car Fee, the Garage Queen Fee or even worse....the Investment Car Fee.

I'd offer $70K to $75K for it, if not walk away from it. As the extended warranties on these GT350s expire, they'll lose more value anyway (per the market), the Voodoo is not a cheap engine, and it carries the licensed- Shelby premium.

I’d take my chances on a one owner garage queen vs a multiple owner car with a lot of miles. No telling what a car like that has been through. And it would come with a lower price also. The market is what it is, the price is fair based on a lot of recent R sales with similar miles up in this area (I’m local to the selling dealer and I track their listings pretty closely). If you’re not willing to pay the price, that’s fine. There are plenty of people who will. That car will not be there long.

As to values, I don’t see GT350/R values crashing (at least the clean, low mileage ones) any time soon. Ford is pretty much indicating that they won’t be using the Shelby license on S650 (there’s still time for that to change though). If that’s truly the case, the S550 is likely the last run of GT350/R and GT500. If anything, values will start to climb as there won’t be another opportunity to get one. Just my perspective on it.

As for the “Shelby premium”, your profile picture indicates you also paid the Shelby premium for a lovely GT500. So are we talking out of both sides of our mouth here?? I don’t know what your point was in bringing up the Shelby premium if you too indeed own a Shelby.

We all have different opinions/perspectives on these things. If I were the OP, I would absolutely inquire about the Lightning Blue R. Just my $0.02

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
What’s the point of this. You’re not a buyer. And most likely never will be. Sorry posts like this are the same nonsense over and over again. The market is what it is.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
There are no outstanding recalls. And no history of any warranty work.

Hi everyone,

Thanks friends!

- Nick

OP
OP
GT350Nick

GT350Nick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2017 GT
Thank you so much everyone for your help and input! Especially @Inthehighdesert and @MAGS1.

I inquired about the car last night and unfortunately it’s now pending sale.

Going to monitor the market closely over the next few weeks and hopefully jump on something soon.

Thank you again for all the help, y’all are awesome.

- Nick
Sponsored