OP
StangATX

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
I doubt it could be the winter blend. I checked with my 2 other cars and it didn't happen and I filled them up a the same gas station. (same time with my wife driving one car). I did a detonation test tonight and it didn't find any detonation (Thank God! lol). Anyways, I took another video and I can see my O2 sensors going stable until I floor it or let go of the gas pedal. I was thinking maybe it's time for a tune-up and changing my spark plugs? What plugs do y'all recommend (Besides Iridium / Platinum)? I'm talking more like brand type. (NKG, Motorcraft, Delco, ...) Also, I heard I don't need to gap plugs that are Iridium or Platinum because they come pre-gapped and I could break the electrode. Is that true?

PS: What's the socket size for our spark plugs?:D

Video (Bottom left it's Sensor 1 Bank 1 & Bottom right it's Sensor 2 Bank 1 if I remember correctly)Sorry for the orientation of the camera. It's not easy while driving lol:

[ame]

Thanks again for your help!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Blauplow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Well I stand corrected. Apparently an exhaust leak can can have an effect on the knock sensor causing a change to the ignition timing.

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I stand corrected. Apparently an exhaust leak can can have an effect on the knock sensor causing a change to the ignition timing.
I did a knocking/detonation test last night and it didn't find any. I'm thinking the case you're talking about is more of a leak before the cats (which will have an effect from my understanding). I could be wrong too lol.

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it me or I can hear a small pinging noise? (Mostly at the end when I put my phone near the windshield. I hit twice by accident my windshield lol) You might need to use some headphones to hear the tap/pinging.

I've been driving like a Grandpa and you can see. I get 20mpg with 289mile to empty and my fuel gauge should be higher... all of that doing straight highway

[ame]

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: I popped the hood before to leave work tonight to see where it was coming from. I couldn't hear it directly. However, after a few minutes looking around I heard it pretty loud! My wife heard it too! (I knew I wasn't crazy lol) It was coming near the injectors. Not sure if it could be an injector or the electronic valve on the side... I'm probably gonna bring it to Ford tomorrow. FML! I hope they're not gonna BS around and pass it under warranty or something.

Sponsored

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update #2:

Brought my car to Ford and they heard the pinging noise (Thank God, For one time I was able to make them hear the issue!). It just comes and goes at idle (Or while driving). Apparently they said 1st it was a shot injector. After that, they said nevermind the injectors are fine and no code were even thrown in the ECU. Then, they came to the same conclusion as I thought last night... It's the EVAP (Vapor Canister Purge Valve / Solenoid) ! My question is could it really be it? Would that cause my bad MPG? I don't really have a rough idle or anything... They wanted to charge me $175 for the job and part. (I have $100 deductible before my warranty goes out). I looked it up online while he was checking around on his system and I found the part for less than 20 bucks :lol: (They wanted to charge me $50 + tax for this sh*t! :headbonk:). Anyways, for what it's worth... I'm probably gonna order it today. I just wanted to check with you guys if you think it could really be the problem? (I just fixed my exhaust leak this morning with 2 new clamps)

PS: After reading a few forums it does seems that it would affect the MPG. I just went ahead and ordered the part. I attached a screenshot of the part I'm talking about.

Thanks again! :cheers:
Screenshot from 2018-02-06 17-22-58.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update #3:

I just caught it on video! I stopped at my wife's parking garage at her work and I had 171miles to empty. I disconnected that that stupid EVAP and after a few minutes my mpg went up. 198mile to empty! No more lose of power. I hope it'll hold like that. I will check on my way to the house tonight. However, one thing worries me... My check engine light didn't come on! W*F ??? Anyone has an idea why?

Video (you can tell the difference without even headphones)

[ame]

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
75k miles put a new set of plugs in the car!!!.Also water coming out of the exhaust is completely normal.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Update #3:

I just caught it on video! I stopped at my wife's parking garage at her work and I had 171miles to empty. I disconnected that that stupid EVAP and after a few minutes my mpg went up. 198mile to empty! No more lose of power. I hope it'll hold like that. I will check on my way to the house tonight. However, one thing worries me... My check engine light didn't come on! W*F ??? Anyone has an idea why?

Video (you can tell the difference without even headphones)

The light will come on,usually takes a couple key or drive cycles but it will come on.

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75k miles put a new set of plugs in the car!!!.Also water coming out of the exhaust is completely normal.
I do wanna change my plugs but I don't know what's the socket size:confused: My plugs are Motorcraft SP-520. I do know that it's normal for water to come out of the exhaust but not where the clamps are. That was an exhaust leak and I could feel the fumes on my fingers and smell them in the cabin as well.

The light will come on,usually takes a couple key or drive cycles but it will come on.
Came on last night while driving :D I've never been so relieved to see a check engine light lol. I thought my ECU had a problem or something. Usually when the car is running and you disconnect something like that stupid EVAP it should've popped the CEL. :shrug:

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I do wanna change my plugs but I don't know what's the socket size:confused: My plugs are Motorcraft SP-520. I do know that it's normal for water to come out of the exhaust but not where the clamps are. That was an exhaust leak and I could feel the fumes on my fingers and smell them in the cabin as well.

Came on last night while driving :D I've never been so relieved to see a check engine light lol. I thought my ECU had a problem or something. Usually when the car is running and you disconnect something like that stupid EVAP it should've popped the CEL. :shrug:
5/8 spark plug socket. You'll want an actual spark plug socket as it has a rubber insert inside to hold the plug while you remove/install. And you'll need an 8mm I believe for the coil-on-plug bolts. The back left plug near the battery is the hardest one. I use two small extensions to get in there but it's a pain.

Evap probably didn't throw a code at first because I believe it is only activated on startup. It lets the gas fumes that build up in the vapor canister after you turned the engine off last to be drawn into the engine.

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5/8 spark plug socket. You'll want an actual spark plug socket as it has a rubber insert inside to hold the plug while you remove/install. And you'll need an 8mm I believe for the coil-on-plug bolts. The back left plug near the battery is the hardest one. I use two small extensions to get in there but it's a pain.

Evap probably didn't throw a code at first because I believe it is only activated on startup. It lets the gas fumes that build up in the vapor canister after you turned the engine off last to be drawn into the engine.
Thanks for the tips! So It's possible to change the plugs without removing the Intake Manifold? Right now my gauge for fuel level is going up and down and I think the computer went crazy. I have a little more than 1 bar left and it says 100Mile to Empty lol. Not sure which one to trust haha.

Edit: I'm assuming the spark plugs socket that's magnetic isn't good? I really need the one with that little rubber inside?

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the tips! So It's possible to change the plugs without removing the Intake Manifold? Right now my gauge for fuel level is going up and down and I think the computer went crazy. I have a little more than 1 bar left and it says 100Mile to Empty lol. Not sure which one to trust haha.

Edit: I'm assuming the spark plugs socket that's magnetic isn't good? I really need the one with that little rubber inside?
Sorry I just realized you have the V6, my advice was for the Coyote, my bad.

I have heard of magnetic ones but I haven't used one before. Honestly I think it would be better because that little rubber boot is a pain in the ass sometimes lol.

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry I just realized you have the V6, my advice was for the Coyote, my bad.

I have heard of magnetic ones but I haven't used one before. Honestly I think it would be better because that little rubber boot is a pain in the ass sometimes lol.
I guess I'll get a magnetic one then whenever I find the right size lol. I doubt there's a big difference between your plugs and my plugs though besides that I have 6 and you have 8 plugs haha. Your part # is SP-519 with 0.51Gap and mine is SP-520 0.50Gap :shrug:

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)