Sponsored

Head Light Gap

dentalguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
Long story short. Someone hit my front fascia in a parking lot, they must have pulled too far forward. There is a small crease in my front fascia by the license plate bracket. My grille came unclipped in a few spots. The person fled, a sticky note was left under my wiper stating that they saw my car get hit by an SUV, no plate number, police won't help ect. It ruined my day.

Lucky for me, there is only damage to the front fascia and the $40 absorber behind the fascia. I pulled the fascia off to fix my grille tabs.

Now I have a reason to get a new fascia without a license plate bracket drilled into it. I also plan on getting the mmd v series grilles to install on my new front fascia when I get around to doing it.

The real question!

I have always had small gaps around my headlight. They are worse now. I installed the front fascia correctly but the gaps seem larger. It may be because the front fascia may be a little deformed, although very slightly.
I just don't want the gaps to be present when I install the new front fascia, whenever I get around to it.

Is there any way to adjust the headlights to get rid of the gap?

image1-1.jpg

image1.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
dentalguy

dentalguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
No one has dealt with a gap like this before?

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
That looks like the cover is not pushed all the way back.
Are all the clips fully engaged?
Is it possible that the hit knocked the mounting surfaces out of alignment?

OP
OP
dentalguy

dentalguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
The mounting surfaces are all perfectly fine, I'll post some pics of the actual damage later. There has always been a slight gap though.

clicklogical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible Performance Pack
Wow, that gap looks bad. I just checked my car and it is super tight. Probably can't get a sheet of paper in there. Maybe since it was hit you can get a good body shop to fix it?
Sponsored