Sponsored

Having a hard time justifying Steeda sway bars after paying for PP?

Irate Swami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Eco
after ordering my performance pack I have already decided that the stock wheels will be my dedicated winter set after purchasing custom forgestar F14s.

I also want to do the majority of the steeda suspension upgrades (sport springs and everything to kill wheel hop)

This brings me to my current dilemma... After paying the price for the performance pack im having a hard time justifying the steeda sway bars when I paid for sway bars included in the PP.

Can anyone comment on the difference over the performance pack sway bars and if they are worth it?

I feel like ive paid for a factory option that im basically immediately removing and replacing...
Sponsored

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
I was thinking the same thing. Curious to know if they make that much more of a difference.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
They make a huge difference. They are fully adjustable.

You are complaining a bit that you have to replace the sway bars but you are replacing the springs? How is that any different? Doesn't make sense to me.

OP
OP

Irate Swami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Eco
They make a huge difference. They are fully adjustable.

You are complaining a bit that you have to replace the sway bars but you are replacing the springs? How is that any different? Doesn't make sense to me.
Because the sport springs have the added benefit of lowering the vehicle, thats all.

khaosryder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
'15 RR 100A EB PP
Because the sport springs have the added benefit of lowering the vehicle, thats all.
I think you answered your own question, if you feel the need to improve a certain aspect of you car, go for it. Perf Pack is an upgrade over stock, but they definitely aren't the best components on the market.

Sponsored

yellowstangatl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Orange Fury GT
Don't replace a part to solve a problem you don't know if you have. That said the adjustable swaybars let you adjust to suit your driving style. You gotta figure out what you want though.

khaosryder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
'15 RR 100A EB PP
Don't replace a part to solve a problem you don't know if you have. That said the adjustable swaybars let you adjust to suit your driving style. You gotta figure out what you want though.
:amen:

Raoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Audi a4, 2015 Mustang GT
after ordering my performance pack I have already decided that the stock wheels will be my dedicated winter set after purchasing custom forgestar F14s.

I also want to do the majority of the steeda suspension upgrades (sport springs and everything to kill wheel hop)

This brings me to my current dilemma... After paying the price for the performance pack im having a hard time justifying the steeda sway bars when I paid for sway bars included in the PP.

Can anyone comment on the difference over the performance pack sway bars and if they are worth it?

I feel like ive paid for a factory option that im basically immediately removing and replacing...
Probably a bad idea to use summer only tires as your winter tires.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
^ THIS ^

I would hope that you are considering upgrading your sway bars because you feel the car still sways too much in the turns and want to improve it. I'm right there with you! I also have the PP and was thinking after, maybe I shouldn't even have paid for that since I'm upgrading everything anyways. I've already done much of the Steeda parts to eliminate wheel hop, enough that I don't have any. Now I'm just waiting for my progressive springs, sway bars and billet mounts. Should be any day now.

OP
OP

Irate Swami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Eco
Probably a bad idea to use summer only tires as your winter tires.

Im replacing them with snow tires and selling the p-zeros on the forums once I can finally secure some michelin pilot super sports for my forgestar wheels

Sponsored

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
My Steeda sways made a large improvement on body roll over the PP ones. I got the PP package mainly for the torsen, gears, and Brembos, so changing out springs and sways doesn't bother me. I am still ahead of the cost of doing it all aftermarket.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
My Steeda sways made a large improvement on body roll over the PP ones. I got the PP package mainly for the torsen, gears, and Brembos, so changing out springs and sways doesn't bother me. I am still ahead of the cost of doing it all aftermarket.
Bingo! I agree 1000000000000%.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I also have a PP GT for which I wanted the larger radiator, torsen, brembo & bracing. I will be getting the front and rear seat bars to go with the rest of my Steeda parts just as soon as my credit card stops smoldering and I can actually touch it without loosing 3 layers of skin.

Jaime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
+1 on above post. The sway bars/springs/shocks on the PP were just a bonus. I really wanted the brakes, braces, and the diff w/3.73s. Now that I know how hot this car runs, the radiator is a definite upgrade. While I don't feel the need to upgrade the sways yet, if I did it wouldn't bother me that the PP came with upgraded ones.

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered Steeda "Stop the Hop" package, "Ultralite" suspension package w/ sway bars & mounts, diff bushings, and g-trac brace. Can't wait!
Sponsored