Sponsored

Has the Coyote lost significant low RPM power through the generations?

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10/23 Mach1 A10/23 Mach1 6MT/24 GT A10
Sadly most likely not, the new emissions requirements made it basically impossible to certify the kit anymore.
Yep, I’ve talked to them 10 times about it.

Not happnin’.
Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you drive the Mach in Sport mode? Normal mode does feel sluggish to me. Sport waked the car up a lot. Track is sluggish also for in-town driving.
What?

Are you really saying that you think Sport mode is stronger running than Track mode??

Help me here…

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
What?

Are you really saying that you think Sport mode is stronger running than Track mode??

Help me here…
Yes, it's been posted in other threads as well. In my car, it's very obvious. Throttle is a lot snappier on the low end in Sport Mode

Sponsored

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
I would be on full retarded mode to go a few step backward to settle for 2017 vs newer 5.0 with direct injection according to your advice! Enjoy your backwardness...
he's completely wrong. i've slowly been doing minimal things to decrease nvh and wheel hop but my 22 GT is an absolute blast to drive always. I have zero desire to change anything driveline related after doing the rear bushing inserts with big bertha bolts for the diff.

people make a stink about the ratios but i've never known anything other than my T5 equipped SVT cobra so this thing is a rolls royce by comparison.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, it's been posted in other threads as well. In my car, it's very obvious. Throttle is a lot snappier on the low end in Sport Mode
OK. I read the thread you linked (much appreciated BTW) and think that even my prehistoric technical knowledge can grasp it.

So would it be fair to say that having the car in Sport+ mode instead of Track would be a little like having a “pedal commander” thingy installed? And if so, when you have the throttle WFO you wouldn’t notice any difference between the two, right?

If my theory is accurate it may be why your comment took me by surprise. If I’m gonna get on it, I’m gonna get on it. At my age I’ve learned not to waste opportunities involving anything…

Thanks for your patience!

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
OK. I read the thread you linked (much appreciated BTW) and think that even my prehistoric technical knowledge can grasp it.

So would it be fair to say that having the car in Sport+ mode instead of Track would be a little like having a “pedal commander” thingy installed? And if so, when you have the throttle WFO you wouldn’t notice any difference between the two, right?

If my theory is accurate it may be why your comment took me by surprise. If I’m gonna get on it, I’m gonna get on it. At my age I’ve learned not to waste opportunities involving anything…

Thanks for your patience!
Yep, you got it lol! And you don't have to thank me!

I understand the surprise, logically anyone would think Track would be the most throttle response, etc. Since I don't track, I didn't realize until I found that thread. I drove my PP2 for 2.5 years always in Track mode before I traded it in, and never noticed it to be lagging. Now I wonder how much Sport would have been better lol!

But I will say that when I got the Mach and put it immediately into Track Mode, it was real obvious. I found myself downshifting a lot whenever going uphill in town and I didn't have to do that in the PP2. Sport Mode fixed that.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, you got it lol! And you don't have to thank me!

I understand the surprise, logically anyone would think Track would be the most throttle response, etc. Since I don't track, I didn't realize until I found that thread. I drove my PP2 for 2.5 years always in Track mode before I traded it in, and never noticed it to be lagging. Now I wonder how much Sport would have been better lol!

But I will say that when I got the Mach and put it immediately into Track Mode, it was real obvious. I found myself downshifting a lot whenever going uphill in town and I didn't have to do that in the PP2. Sport Mode fixed that.
Gotcha!

Truth be told, I put both my 23 Machs (one A10 and one M6) in Track mode in the dealership parking lot at delivery and that’s how I roll ‘em 100% of the time. I’ve never found them lacking in any way and I’m real happy with them. Only exception is if I’m doing a pull from a dig I go into Drag mode and snap off TC but so far I haven’t mustered the cojones to disable ESC.

So maybe if I don’t know what I’m missing I’m good to go!

Turbo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt DHG; Electronics, MR, Recaros, Cover, 2017 Explorer Sport Ingot Silver, 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
A big part of that is also avoiding the gas guzzler tax, which I think was avoided until the '24 models.
I bought a 2019 Bullitt new when the lot had 2020's because the 20's had like a $1400 Gas guzzler add on. That made it an easy decision.

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I disagree, my 1st Gen in my 14GT seemed to have less torque downlow. Direction injection is supposed to improve low end torque. My Mach 1 just seems perfect, if that bothers you E85 and tune will really wake it up. BTW on the Mach 1, I bet you were in normal mode. In Sport+ feels more peppy (I know its just the throttle mapping).

OP
OP

Torque123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT
from my experience, all of which are non boosted, reports of exploding the tires in the first four gears are grossly overrated, particularly assuming dry pavement and warm weather.

as far as how much intervention I want, having the car feel powerful and fun is the Priority. With TC vs safety and control, there is a difference between allowing some controlled slip (still some traction and control) vs letting it uncontrollably shoot to redline making the rear tires feel as they are on a carpet of ball bearings. But there are many different use cases, skill levels and personal preferences. I think we can all agree that power between 2000 and 3000 is felt much more often than 6000-7000 for the average driver. but it doesn’t show up on the brochure, or the YouTube drag race, or most dyno charts.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I would be on full retarded mode to go a few step backward to settle for 2017 vs newer 5.0 with direct injection according to your advice! Enjoy your backwardness...
I do enjoy it! I also dislike direct injection, plastic oil pans and PWTA cylinder bores (aka disposable engine blocks). But there are some good things about the newer cars. The Mach especially is great looking IMO. And owning a newer car is nice as well. Just having a warranty is a big value to most people. I just don't think the juice is worth the squeeze for a newer Mustang vs. mine that cost 1/2 as much. They definitely aren't twice as good.

he's completely wrong. i've slowly been doing minimal things to decrease nvh and wheel hop but my 22 GT is an absolute blast to drive always. I have zero desire to change anything driveline related after doing the rear bushing inserts with big bertha bolts for the diff.

people make a stink about the ratios but i've never known anything other than my T5 equipped SVT cobra so this thing is a rolls royce by comparison.
New Mustangs are great. I agree. I just really prefer first and second gears to feel a little crazy. The really long gears definitely aren't terrible. I drove my GT350 on the street a ton and enjoyed it a lot. Just launches aren't as fun with the "mpg gearing" in the manual transmission.

Of course, for those that prefer the automatic, the newer cars are much better as far as I can tell. Some people complain about them, but they are certainly faster than the older Mustangs.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
It was most likely to beat the gas guzzler tax. Any reduction in 0 to 60 was an unintended benefit.

I have an auto and if I use factory shift points the car feels like an underpowered turd but gets 18 MPG in town. If I set the shift points to make the car drive properly this drops to 12 - 13 range.
Don't know about the other models but I paid the gas guzxler tax on my 2020 Bullitt.

A combination of engine tuning traction control, high octane requirements and higher gear ratios does rob the motor of some low end torque, but let's be real. It's a smallish displacement high output motor designed to make most of its power at the upper end of the rear range.

I like the longer gearing, but understand why some want more low end/speed power.

I'm not sure that drag mode actually increases power, it multiplies pedal inputs thus larger throttle openings relative to pedal inputs, and feels more responsive.

I'm guilty of running 87 for daily driving, but so enjoy a full tank of 93 now and then when I want to put my license at risk. ;-)

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Don't know about the other models but I paid the gas guzxler tax on my 2020 Bullitt.

A combination of engine tuning traction control, high octane requirements and higher gear ratios does rob the motor of some low end torque, but let's be real. It's a smallish displacement high output motor designed to make most of its power at the upper end of the rear range.

I like the longer gearing, but understand why some want more low end/speed power.

I'm not sure that drag mode actually increases power, it multiplies pedal inputs thus larger throttle openings relative to pedal inputs, and feels more responsive.

I'm guilty of running 87 for daily driving, but so enjoy a full tank of 93 now and then when I want to put my license at risk. ;-)
Unacceptable
Sponsored