Sponsored

Happy Modding - Recommendations for 2016 GT

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I just bought a 2016 GT (auto, 3.55s, premium package) two weeks ago. I put a Corsa Sport CB on this past weekend, love it! Here are other mods that I am considering next (please comment and if you can recommend certain products/brands and if you happen to know a place that offers good deals, please share - thanks, much appreciated!):

Interior:
-Weather Tech mats
-Diode Dynamics Leds

Performance:
-Strut tower brace and k-brace
-Ford PP 1 or 2

Suspension:
- Sway bars? (whatever effectively reduces body roll)
- Something that reduces wheel hop for better off the line acceleration
- Would like to do lowering springs but city where I live has terrible road conditions
-Wheel Spacers? (Not sure if they're a good or bad thing)

Exterior:
-35% tint in the front, 20% in the back

Anything else? (No SC...yet :D)
Sponsored

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Drop + CB005

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Thanks! Heard good things about the CB005, still not sure about the drop yet.

Texatl

Insensitive jerk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Prem, 6spdMT, Shadow Black
Wheel hop- Steeda's Stop the Hop kit. ( [MENTION=7748]tj@steeda[/MENTION] or [MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION] here in the forum can help you here)

Also- forget the Ford Power Packs and get the Steeda Ultimate Induction kit. Would be similar to FPP2 but without a TB. Advertised as +30 rwhp. Do some research, unless you are going boosted later, the stock TB is the way to go on an NA car (unless you are going big with a CJ intake and TB $$$$$, won't fit under your hood/strut tower, etc... but bad ass nonetheless).

I have 25mm spacers and they look great with my Black Accent Package wheels. Really changed the look. I have pics somewhere. Lots of places sell them- hit up CJ Pony Parts (here on the forum)

Sway bars- lots of options. Same with springs. I recommend Steeda. Their progressive springs are awesome and aggressive feel without loosening fillings or making city drive irritating. I have Eibach sways and love them- got them here used on the forum from a member.

Weather tech mats are the bees knees. I don't have them in the Mustang yet. But I have them in my Hummer- so excellent. I highly highly recommend them.

Let us know what you end up doing. No lack of opinions around here, and the members here have sound advice, they've helped me a ton. We can certainly help you spend your dough. LOL.

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Thank you! Thinking Ford PP to keep factory warranty. Have the same car as you, just auto. I do like the black acc package wheels, too. Great getting advice form people with more experience than me! I'll start looking for July 4th deals.

Sponsored

Texatl

Insensitive jerk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool! I'll dig up pics of my car with the spacers on. Def changes the look of this wheels.

I've been trolling July 4th deals too. :-D

What color is your car (maybe I missed that)??

And the FPP2 IF installed at the dealership will retain A warranty. But I hear the power rain warranty changes from 5/60 to 3/36. I have not confirmed this. I read it here I believe. But if that's the case... IMHO, then I'd rather get a kit/tune and keep factory parts to put back later. It's an easy filter tube swap. Especially if they are downsizing my warranty. Just my 2 cents.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! Heard good things about the CB005, still not sure about the drop yet.
The roads where I live are terrible. I am using BMR min drop springs. The only drop the car about 3/4" and are just a tad stiffer than PP springs.

Not bad at all on crappy roads and visually make a huge difference.

I'd look into a ceramic coating while the paint is fresh too. I did Cquartz on mine and love it.

Diode dynamic turn signals are a nice touch too.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Save on aftermarket springs and buy someone's take off performance pack shocks/springs. It will make a big difference in terms of the bobbing and swaying, I did it myself. Got all parts for like $130

Ford racing strut tower brace also helped the front end not feel so heavy in turns.

The Ford racing sway bars are awesome too but I would do the cheaper stuff first and see if u still feel the need

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Thank y'all! What about an oil separator (JLT or Ford)? I noticed a lot of people have one. If it really helps to extend engine life, I'm all for it. However, I wonder if its a design flaw that one is necessary...again, not the most experienced car guy, happy that I am able to change my own oil, do brakes and bolt on an exhaust, haha

Sponsored
OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Cool! I'll dig up pics of my car with the spacers on. Def changes the look of this wheels.

I've been trolling July 4th deals too. :-D

What color is your car (maybe I missed that)??

And the FPP2 IF installed at the dealership will retain A warranty. But I hear the power rain warranty changes from 5/60 to 3/36. I have not confirmed this. I read it here I believe. But if that's the case... IMHO, then I'd rather get a kit/tune and keep factory parts to put back later. It's an easy filter tube swap. Especially if they are downsizing my warranty. Just my 2 cents.
Hah, like I said, same as yours ('16 GT, Magnetic, Black Acc Package), just an automatic. Thanks in advance for spacer pics!

Bswor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 coupe, 06 saleen clone, 15 gt

Texatl

Insensitive jerk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

bbudman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Buddy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
When I purchased my car this past December I thought about my mods and the direction I wanted to go. Some of the simple things first were hood struts, interior LED's, and a JL subwoofer since my car had the 9 speaker system and no factory sub.

Being unsure as to the direction I wanted to go power wise I decided to start with the things I knew would improve the car regardless of the direction I went as to power adder or tune. The next thing I did was the exhaust. I decided to go with the Ford/Borla Sport system with the GT350 valance. Not only does it look nice but sounds great.

My next mods started with the suspension. Stiffening up the IRS in these cars makes a world of difference in the handling. BMR and Steeda both offer suspension upgrades that will make a huge difference in handling. I went with Steeda mainly because I have used them in three of my past six Mustangs. IRS alignment kit and support bushings along with the IRS subframe braces really tightened up the rear of the car. I then added a Steeda two point Trac brace to the front. Another noticeable improvement.

Now my car is a PP, manual and even though I found the handling exceptional after tightening up the back and adding the Trac brace the real improvement came with I replaced the factory struts, shocks, and springs and went with the Steeda Pro Action Non-Adjustable struts and shocks along with the Sport Progressive springs as well as camber plates up front. This has made the biggest difference in handling thus far and even though the vehicle is tighter and more planted in the turns the ride on the highway and around town is much more refined.

I still haven't decided which power route I want to go. Should I go FI I will probably make power train improvements first as well as oil pump and crankshaft gears before even considering a power adder. Still the way I see it there is really no reason to add tons of power if you can't reliably put it to the ground.

JFox86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange 5.0
What is the purpose of the car? Weekend cruiser? Do you plan to actually race the car?

I would absolutely get a tune in the car. It wakes up big time. If you are dead set on the FRPP setup I would go all in and do the stage 3. If you just want a small bump I would do the stage 2 then. However I highly recommend looking into tuners like AED, Lund, VMP, Palm Beach Dyno, or Rob Shoemaker(sorry if misspelled). They really have their tunes dialed in on the S550 platform. Do some research on the tuners.

Performance mods I would say add some longtubes and a PMAS CAI. There are other mods but thats a nice beginning. If you want a blower just save for that. However i'll always recommend a full exhaust with longtubes. Good power and sounds amazing!

Suspension I would say lowering springs and the BMR cradle lockout kit. Help put the power down. Also do yourself a favor and get rid of the P-Zero's. I went with Continental Extreme Contact DWS06. Huge difference!

Do research. You will find a ton of information regarding parts and setups that work. It helps spend the money in the right places.
Sponsored