Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Hi All - Thank you for your interest in the GT500 Style Spoiler. I apologize for some of the issues you may be experiencing. We plan to do an installation video of this spoiler soon to give you a better idea of how to install. Stay tuned!
Sponsored

Turian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 6 speed manual.
Did you get it installed yet? Mine should be delivered this week and I wasn’t aware i'd have to deal with this mounting hardware issue
I did but it wasn't easy. The double sided tape that comes with the spoiler is garbage and doesn't stick. I had to remove the spoiler after getting the screws into it and go get some good double sided 3m tape. The hardware store did not have the correct size bolts so I ended up using the screws that came with it. Big mistake. They are not magnetic so don't drop one. I made that mistake and had to take the whole trunk off the get the screws out.

All of this could have been avoided, if Steeda had just made the damn thing with alignment posts and bolts and nuts. But no...they have to be cheap and give us tape that doesn't stick and tiny non magnetized screws that are easily dropped.
This should have been as easy as removing the old spoiler with a heat gun, remove tape, clean with alcohol, peel and stick tape to the spoiler, drop it into place and thread some nuts.

20230102_202833.jpg

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I did but it wasn't easy. The double sided tape that comes with the spoiler is garbage and doesn't stick. I had to remove the spoiler after getting the screws into it and go get some good double sided 3m tape. The hardware store did not have the correct size bolts so I ended up using the screws that came with it. Big mistake. They are not magnetic so don't drop one. I made that mistake and had to take the whole trunk off the get the screws out.

All of this could have been avoided, if Steeda had just made the damn thing with alignment posts and bolts and nuts. But no...they have to be cheap and give us tape that doesn't stick and tiny non magnetized screws that are easily dropped.
This should have been as easy as removing the old spoiler with a heat gun, remove tape, clean with alcohol, peel and stick tape to the spoiler, drop it into place and thread some nuts.

20230102_202833.jpg
is this just a camera effect or there is significant orange peel effect on paint?
I guess it's been built to a price point. at $160 something during recent sale events, one would expect this to be on economy side of things, but I agree with you - studs and better tape don't add much to the overall cost. how is the overall finish and quality?

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
For the price, can't really complain.

All it took was $5 at the hardware store for 4 studs and some nuts. Red loctite on the studs keeps them in the spoiler forever.

I do agree the doublesided tape is worthless, but that's not what's really holding it in place.

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
The Ford GT500 spoiler does come with a tinted wicker bill, I have one. Ordered it from Levittown Ford. Just wanted to clear that up.
What was the part # for the tinted wicker bill?
Thanks Anthony

Sponsored

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT

cprime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caelan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
For the price, can't really complain.

All it took was $5 at the hardware store for 4 studs and some nuts. Red loctite on the studs keeps them in the spoiler forever.

I do agree the doublesided tape is worthless, but that's not what's really holding it in place.
What size studs/nuts did you get? Gonna buy them before the spoiler is delivered so i’m ready to install right away

Turian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Is this the best Steeda can do for a response to a simple question? I am completely dissapointed in Steeda and this product. I will NOT be buying a hardware kit for this wing. I already paid for the wing, and it should have come with simple studs and nuts. Instead it comes with stiff grey, old, crumbling "tape" that doesn't even stick and cheap non magnetic screw head type bolts.

All I have asked for is a bolt thread size. Why is this such a difficult question to answer?

Phillip (Steeda Autosports)
Jan 6, 2023, 10:02 AM EST
We are going to have a new kit coming out on monday actually that will be purchaseable. It will have a upgraded set of bolts and hardware. Hit me up on monday and ill send that link to you.
Thanks,
Phillip
Sales and Support
Ph: 1-800-950-0774
[email protected]
http://www.steeda.com
Confidentiality Notice: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.

Aaron
Jan 6, 2023, 9:33 AM EST
Any update on this? I already took one of the screws to the hardware store and ended up with the wrong size. That's why I am asking about the size.

Sent: Wednesday, January 4, 2023 3:45:00 PM
To: Aaron Redd
Subject: [Steeda Autosports] Re: : part

Jan 4, 2023, 4:44 PM EST
My team is out that would know this, but i would say you can take a bolt to the hardware store and they should be able to tell you that info as well. ill try to get that info tomorrow.
Thanks,
Phillip
Sales and Support
[email protected]
Confidentiality Notice: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.

Aaron
Jan 2, 2023, 4:54 PM EST
Name: Aaron
Vehicle: 2021 Mustang GT
3D Cart Customer ID: , Order ID: , Product ID:
Comments: Hi,
I ordered the GT500 Style spoiler. I would like to buy some better mounting hardware, but I am having a hard time figuring out what size the screws that come with it are. Are they m6-1? or are they 1/4-20? I really just want to mount some stud bolts to the spoiler and then thread on a nut and washer to retain the spoiler to the car. It will make lining up the wing easier.

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
Is this the best Steeda can do for a response to a simple question? I am completely dissapointed in Steeda and this product. I will NOT be buying a hardware kit for this wing. I already paid for the wing, and it should have come with simple studs and nuts. Instead it comes with stiff grey, old, crumbling "tape" that doesn't even stick and cheap non magnetic screw head type bolts.

All I have asked for is a bolt thread size. Why is this such a difficult question to answer?

Jan 6, 2023, 10:02 AM EST
We are going to have a new kit coming out on monday actually that will be purchaseable. It will have a upgraded set of bolts and hardware. Hit me up on monday and ill send that link to you.
Thanks,
Phillip
Sales and Support
[email protected]

Aaron
Jan 6, 2023, 9:33 AM EST
Any update on this? I already took one of the screws to the hardware store and ended up with the wrong size. That's why I am asking about the size.

Sent: Wednesday, January 4, 2023 3:45:00 PM
To: Aaron Redd
Subject: [Steeda Autosports] Re: : part

Jan 4, 2023, 4:44 PM EST
My team is out that would know this, but i would say you can take a bolt to the hardware store and they should be able to tell you that info as well. ill try to get that info tomorrow.
Thanks,
Phillip
Sales and Support
[email protected]

Aaron
Jan 2, 2023, 4:54 PM EST
Name: Aaron
Vehicle: 2021 Mustang GT
3D Cart Customer ID: , Order ID: , Product ID:
Comments: Hi,
I ordered the GT500 Style spoiler. I would like to buy some better mounting hardware, but I am having a hard time figuring out what size the screws that come with it are. Are they m6-1? or are they 1/4-20? I really just want to mount some stud bolts to the spoiler and then thread on a nut and washer to retain the spoiler to the car. It will make lining up the wing easier.
Unfortunately you get what you pay for.

Sponsored

TeamSteeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350

Hi Aaron - I truly appreciate the feedback. Phil is correct - we were in the process of working on a premium hardware kit as an option to purchase alongside the spoiler. As others have mentioned above, this kit is a fraction of the price of Ford Performance's spoiler, and does require a little more finesse to install.

To help with the installation process in addition to the premium hardware kit, we're also shooting an installation video next week utilizing both the out-of-the-box hardware and the premium hardware. I'll be reaching out to you via e-mail about your specific order as well. I hope this helps clear things up!

Thank you,
Chris

Turian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
As others have mentioned above, this kit is a fraction of the price of Ford Performance's spoiler, and does require a little more finesse to install.
Thats not the problem. The problem is I simply asked for the bolt size. I had to do thi
Hi Aaron - I truly appreciate the feedback. Phil is correct - we were in the process of working on a premium hardware kit as an option to purchase alongside the spoiler. As others have mentioned above, this kit is a fraction of the price of Ford Performance's spoiler, and does require a little more finesse to install.

To help with the installation process in addition to the premium hardware kit, we're also shooting an installation video next week utilizing both the out-of-the-box hardware and the premium hardware. I'll be reaching out to you via e-mail about your specific order as well. I hope this helps clear things up!

Thank you,
Chris

Thanks. I didn't really need all of that. But thanks. I just wanted to know the thread size, which has been answered. It's M6-1.0 for anyone else who's reading. This will be the third answer, but still NOT from Steeda. LOL.

To be absolutely fair to you and to Steeda, I will report back on the kit and it's quallity. If it's good I will state that its good.

Highvolts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang 289
Sorry for the late response. The size is M6x1.00 for everything. Ended up re-using the OEM nuts on the new studs.

1673112539560.png
what studs did you buy?
Sponsored