Sponsored

GT350R World Greatest Drag Race 6

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
My dream car, GT350R did okay.. it's not a drag car but going up against those supercar-esque.. it held it's own!

[ame]
Sponsored

OP
OP

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
Can't wait to see the next one, when the GT500 get's in the mix. Also, bring in the ZL1, new mid engine Vette if rumors are true.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
new mid engine Vette if rumors are true.
Please no. No mid-engine Corvette. Come up with something under a new name that competes with the Ford GT in a proper supercar category if they want to do that. Corvette still needs to be the middle class exotic (well... very upper middle class with a good investment account exotic).

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Of all those I'd take the Mercedes, but perhaps not in "Jewish Racing Gold". :) Wouldn't care if it lost the whole thing - nothing sounds better than a MB V8 IMHO.

OP
OP

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
I'll take the GT350R and then the Viper!

Damn, I never knew the R8 V10 is a 10 second car.. wasn't expecting that.. Good for N/A engines to represent!

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I'll take the GT350R and then the Viper!

Damn, I never knew the R8 V10 is a 10 second car.. wasn't expecting that.. Good for N/A engines to represent!
I'm with you. The viper is a fast car in a straight line and a world beater in the twisties. And in 20 years it'll be THE American collector car!!!

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Please no. No mid-engine Corvette. Come up with something under a new name that competes with the Ford GT in a proper supercar category if they want to do that. Corvette still needs to be the middle class exotic (well... very upper middle class with a good investment account exotic).
GM is trying to take everything upscale to make more money the 6 gen camaro is a prime example. Naming their new mid engine car the corvette would be like Ford naming the new GT Mustang instead. :doh:

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Why make a car when only 500 are made and only the super rich can buy one.:shrug: a super car is nice to brag about, but very very very few could get one. The Corvette mid engine will give the super car performance, but be affordable. What sense on making a car that starts at $450,000:crazy:

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Why make a car when only 500 are made and only the super rich can buy one.:shrug: a super car is nice to brag about, but very very very few could get one. The Corvette mid engine will give the super car performance, but be affordable. What sense on making a car that starts at $450,000:crazy:
If they go though with this the corvette name will be dead in a couple of years. I'm not a corvette fanboi but the corvette has a certain mystic. It is a two seat front engine sports car, anything else is not a corvette.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
because of history and racing pedigree. Because those 500 will be sold in a matter of seconds with the 6-7k applications that were received.

Crazy to you but not to Ford and those people with money to buy one the very nanosecond the order banks opened.

Why only make 6 Koenigsegg One's? Why only make 499 La Ferrari's and only import 120 to the US?

Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Did anyone EVER think that a low, low 12 second STOCK American car from the FACTORY would appear to be slow? Man how times have changed over the years...before I get "schooled" by the forum experts - I still think a 12.2 from the factory is impressive as hell! But good lord there are cars (Audi V-10) running mid 10s from the showroom floor :hail:

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
because of history and racing pedigree. Because those 500 will be sold in a matter of seconds with the 6-7k applications that were received.

Crazy to you but not to Ford and those people with money to buy one the very nanosecond the order banks opened.

Why only make 6 Koenigsegg One's? Why only make 499 La Ferrari's and only import 120 to the US?
So it's a bragging symbol.:headbonk: Most of those cars you mention sit in garages and don't get used. :crazy:

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

For some reason I don't think it will be as successful as the Ford GT. Why go from building 30 to 40 thousand a year to building 4 or 5 hundred sounds like a recipe for failure. They need to leave the corvette as it is and come up with a new name.

OP
OP

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
Did anyone EVER think that a low, low 12 second STOCK American car from the FACTORY would appear to be slow? Man how times have changed over the years...before I get "schooled" by the forum experts - I still think a 12.2 from the factory is impressive as hell! But good lord there are cars (Audi V-10) running mid 10s from the showroom floor :hail:
I hear you man.. but then again, the slowest cars here running 12's are under 70k.. that's a bargain..

Only 3 cars under 100k.. Def some stiff competition in this one

Last edited:

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Which makes that GT350R soooo impressive IMO, great handling car AND puts up a very, very respectable 1/4 mile time all for under a 100k as you mentioned.
I hear you man.. but then again, the slowest cars here running 12's are under 70k.. that's a bargain..

Only 3 cars under 100k.. Def some stuff competition in this one
Sponsored