CoolTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cooltechllc.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford GT - Tungsten Garage Queen
Hello All,

Here is a pic of the Gunmetal Gray that we are so fond of. We believe that it gives the roll bars a very "rich" look.

Sponsored

OP
OP

CoolTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cooltechllc.com
Vehicle(s)
We've had a couple of people express interest in the Competition Orange color. Here is a color chart held up against a Competition Orange Boss 302 for comparison. We believe that the RAL2009 is a VERY close match.

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
Is there a RSD kit for the GT350 that would be recommended with this. I know you can leave the back seats in but I see no reason to since they can't be used and by removing them you would likely negate the weight gain with the bar.

OP
OP

CoolTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cooltechllc.com
Vehicle(s)
Is there a RSD kit for the GT350 that would be recommended with this. I know you can leave the back seats in but I see no reason to since they can't be used and by removing them you would likely negate the weight gain with the bar.
I spoke with the Ford Performance guys at SEMA and for sure they will have an RSD kit available (may be available now?) much the same way as they did for the 05-14 Mustangs where they packaged and sold the OEM Laguna Seca components. In this case, they will package the 350R components. I expect these will be quality components but the kit will have an undoubtedly non-trivial price.

Additionally, I think the aftermarket will have kits. For the '05-14 Mustangs, these kits ranged in price form $100 (ebay) to $350 or so. The bottom line is that there will be alternatives at various quality/price points.

That said, I think leaving the seats in place is also a reasonable alternative - and definitely the most cost effective. These seats are excellent sound insulators and they are relatively lightweight. One of our "lessons learned" on the '05-'14 roll bars was not to mandate the added cost of the RSD.... and to let that decision be at the discretion of the car owner.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
I will never buy a $100 RSD again. Freaking particle board with thin layer of carpet stapled to it. You get what you pay for.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
How are the factory ones constructed?

ssyellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Competition Orange GT - PP/Recaros
Never heard of you as I'm new to the Mustang platform but I love the effort and explanation you put into your thread here. Well done!

OP
OP

CoolTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cooltechllc.com
Vehicle(s)
How are the factory ones constructed?
Well, the Laguna Seca panel (big L-shaped thing) looked to be a thin, relatively light fiberglass structure - maybe 3/16" thick with a fuzzy thin gray/black carpet material glued to it. (I'm sure that's not the construction mentioned in the sales brochure! LOL)

I would expect that the R RSD would be very similar - likely the same supplier assuming Ford was happy the first time around.

OP
OP

CoolTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cooltechllc.com
Vehicle(s)
Never heard of you as I'm new to the Mustang platform but I love the effort and explanation you put into your thread here. Well done!
You just like my posting of the Competition Orange color chart! LOL Yeah, we were lucky enough starting out to serve the Ford GT community..... but then became pretty addicted to Fords! Had both a 2012 & 13 Laguna Seca and then a YEAR ago, we bought a GT PP (like yours!) with the intent of fabbing a roll bar kit for this application. A Year later....... MUCH longer than I would have thought, we are close to having the product on the market. MANY things were harder about the 2015!

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Vote for Satin Black

If/when I get one for my R, it would be the satin black. I thought about the red (which I think looks best), but my intent is track focused (no street use) and prefer everything in the cabin to be black (so it drops out of my vision as I look around).

Thanks for a cool looking product. :headbang:

Sponsored
OP
OP

CoolTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cooltechllc.com
Vehicle(s)

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
Having bought and installed one of the CoolTech roll bars for my S197 a few years ago, I can attest to the quality and craftsmanship of CoolTech's products.

The manufacture, fit and finish of their products are superb.

I will not hesitate to put another CoolTech roll bar in a new Gen6 Mustang, when I get one!

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Do you know if it can be shipped to an APO Address?

OP
OP

CoolTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cooltechllc.com
Vehicle(s)
Hey Sabre, thanks so much for the nice comments. We've worked really hard to insure that our 2015+ Roll Bar Kit is as good or better than our S197 kit!!

Helmet - I'm pretty sure we can ship via USPS to an APO address.

Please note as of today we have a quantity of our roll bars IN STOCK and ready to ship in the most popular colors (Race Red, Competition Orange, Gunmetal Gray, Satin Black).

The roll bars can be ordered here:

http://www.cooltechllc.com/ford-boss-302-parts-accessories/90-boss-roll-bar-from-cool-tech-llc.html

RoadRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Great to hear the roll bars are ready Cool Tech!! I'll be pulling the trigger on a satin black one by the end of the month!:thumbsup:
I'm hoping someone can post pictures of an install of a Cool Tech bar in their GT350/350R soon. It would be good hear first hand experience of performing the work.
Sponsored

Last edited: