Sponsored

GT350 vs Camaro 1LE

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
The Camaro might come close to performance ( yet to be seen)
Not even sure price has been released yet?

Thats where it ends, looks, innovation and wow factor,
not even close. Mustang beats it every time, all day long.
Pricing hasn't been released. It's estimated at a 7k package right now.

Some drive their cars for themselves, not for others. To each their own.
Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I have read many articles on the 17 1LE. However, none have based any numbers to compare with the GT350. Also, they do not mention which GT350 GM used as a benchmark. This is marketing at its best! they are letting all the Camaro and Mustang folks to go at it without having real data to compare.
I personally think the 1LE will be faster 0-60mph and 1/4 mile, than the GT350. I do not think the 1LE will beat a GT350/TP around most road circuits and wont even touch the GT350R. If you do basic math, both cars weigh about the same and the GT350 outguns with 70 hp more.

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt
Be aware folks...there are likely trolls incoming from Camaro6 to stir this info around.

Dickbag KMPrenger wants people to go over to SVT and here to get things stirred up.

Get your ban hammers ready, Mods.
yea,the Garbage Motor boys are coming.:lol:

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Its funny that they claim Chevy used the GT350 as a test mule developing the 1LE package. How is that even possible with the timeline that the Shelby's have been available? ;)
Since it is just a package they just build it on a 1ss which is already available! The gt350 has been available for a long time now. They probably used a base gt350 in their test since the car is out already.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Its funny that they claim Chevy used the GT350 as a test mule developing the 1LE package. How is that even possible with the timeline that the Shelby's have been available? ;)
Answer:

Al O is a liar and always has been.

Sponsored

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
Answer:

Well he certainly delivered on the gen 6 Camaro so we will see what happens. I don't think it will be comparable to the R at all. I think it will be comparable to the GT350 base and very close to the TP.

radioactive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
previous 67 GTA fastback, 67 vert, 07 GT
Stats...stats...stats...who gives a rat's ass? The part of the equation not factored in by most is DRIVER! There's the real differrence. Faster (track or strip) cars can get their ass kicked by more skilled drivers. Who cares what it says on paper or on your screen? Get the car that YOU want and makes YOU feel happy.
I'd love me a '17 GT350 for numerous reasons only important to me. If they make a quicker Camaro I could care less. GM is still putting lipstick on a pig!

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Since it is just a package they just build it on a 1ss which is already available! The gt350 has been available for a long time now. They probably used a base gt350 in their test since the car is out already.
lol@ long time. Almost no one actually had a car until the oct/nov time frame and I cant imagine chevy going out and buying one of the early released cars unless they did it through a proxy buyer

Lets assume they did get their hands on one in november, that certainly isnt remotely enough time to do all of the development. Even just an add on package like the 1LE is likely a 9-12 month project minimum

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
The first 1LE prototypes were seen at the 'Ring last summer, along with whatever LT4 version is called.

There was time for the 1LE to be tested against the GT350, and all the "suspension work" with the MRC is just tuning algorithms and swapping out spring rates..it's not like they were trying Koni's, then Penske's, then Ohlins...it was all quick spring changes and keystrokes.
They knew what tires and wheels they were running last summer and what options they were going to have.

The idea that the 1LE was developed and tested with the GT350 there step by step is malarkey.

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt
Answer:

i agree.remember that bs about the zl1,11s all day?yea right.he has a track record of lies.they based the 1le on the most basic 350 set up.now FORD for 2017 has made more things standard on the 350,so now the 1le hasnt got a chance in hell of beating the basic 350 now.:lol:

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Funny thing is, they now make a Camaro that's reasonably priced compared to the Z28. The z28 was way over priced. Imagine how the 2015 z28 owners will feel now lmao

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
Funny thing is, they now make a Camaro that's reasonably priced compared to the Z28. The z28 was way over priced. Imagine how the 2015 z28 owners will feel now lmao

Except that when the Z/28 came out it was meant for a specific crowd (you could have gotten a Vette for that price. Very crowd specific, much like the 350R.) and beat/compete with anything else in its price range at the time. You can't really compare a past gen with a new gen. That's like comparing a 4.6 4th gen with a 5.0 5th gen and then saying "Dang I bet those people feel stupid for buying that." I doubt they do. And yes. That's a bad example. I know. And if they bought the Z28 I'm betting they can afford to sell it and buy the 350GT or 1LE. Just sayin...

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Except that when the Z/28 came out it was meant for a specific crowd (you could have gotten a Vette for that price. Very crowd specific, much like the 350R.) and beat/compete with anything else in its price range at the time. You can't really compare a past gen with a new gen. That's like comparing a 4.6 4th gen with a 5.0 5th gen and then saying "Dang I bet those people feel stupid for buying that." I doubt they do. And if they bought the Z28 I'm betting they can afford to sell it and buy the 350GT or 1LE. Just sayin...
Naaaaah
They still paid to much. And got beat by a cheaper gt350R. The 1Le isn't going to beat a gt350.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Except that when the Z/28 came out it was meant for a specific crowd (you could have gotten a Vette for that price. Very crowd specific, much like the 350R.) and beat/compete with anything else in its price range at the time. You can't really compare a past gen with a new gen. That's like comparing a 4.6 4th gen with a 5.0 5th gen and then saying "Dang I bet those people feel stupid for buying that." I doubt they do. And yes. That's a bad example. I know. And if they bought the Z28 I'm betting they can afford to sell it and buy the 350GT or 1LE. Just sayin...
What's a "350GT"?

Nevermind, found it! It's a Nissan/Infinity.

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
Naaaaah

They still paid to much. And got beat by a cheaper gt350R. The 1Le isn't going to beat a gt350.

While I do agree and can't argue with the 350 being able to outperform it (at a much better price), It is a car on a freakin sedan/tank platform. Getting that thing to move the way it does is pretty impressive considering what they had to work with...

As far as 1LE vs. 350, time will tell.
Sponsored