Sponsored

stshoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Avalanche w/Black Stripe and roof, tech pack
Signed up for the newsletter too. Anyone do the Boss program? What was the schedule of events?

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
I am definitely in.

Honus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT350 Tech
Signed up for the newsletter too. Anyone do the Boss program? What was the schedule of events?
I might be hazy on the timing but basically there were 2 groups that would run in an alternating fashion so there was always track activity + skills.

The night before there was dinner at Larry H Miller museum of cars, introductions etc.

Day of:
Classroom instruction
Course tour
Track time
Lead/follows
Track time
Heel/toe instruction
Track time
Skid car

Lunch

Track time
Classroom
Track time
Classroom
Track time
HOT LAP

Day 2 in the FR500S (optional but HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) was just alternating track and classroom debriefs.

Day 3 in the Raptor (optional but F'N AWESOME) was classroom, then rock crawling, then classroom, then simple jumps, then lunch and then outdoor course with the bigger jump.

I have to say; you really want to do the extras. You really do. The FR500S was an amazing machine, like a go-kart, and I'm dying to see how the BOSS302FRS cars handle.

And everyone in my class mocked the Raptor Assault while they were in the classrooms, but I did it and would do it again in a second. So much fun. We got our raptor to 43 degrees horizontally and I could've sworn I was gonna fall out of it. The instructor just stood underneath it like no big deal.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I can't wait to the GT350 Track Attack. Heck I'd signup/pay for an extra day too! :D

Sponsored

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
And everyone in my class mocked the Raptor Assault while they were in the classrooms, but I did it and would do it again in a second. So much fun. We got our raptor to 43 degrees horizontally and I could've sworn I was gonna fall out of it. The instructor just stood underneath it like no big deal.
I would highly recommend doing it. I have a Jeep that's setup for serious rock crawling, and I have a blast. Never thought I'd have so much fun going so slow! lol It's very technical in knowing how to maneuver through a trail and how to place your tires on certain rocks so you don't high center yourself.

Plus who wouldn't want the opportunity to jump a Raptor? I'm so in.

5.2 VooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp. Orange GT 350 - Born March 3rd - Arrrived March 14th
So I'm reading through the Track Attack site and after further research I found that Canadian purchasers of the Boss were ineligible for Track Attack :shrug:

I can only hope that this is changed for the GT350 as I'd really like to attend AND meet some of you guys!!! :cheers:

Honus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT350 Tech
I would highly recommend doing it. I have a Jeep that's setup for serious rock crawling, and I have a blast. Never thought I'd have so much fun going so slow! lol It's very technical in knowing how to maneuver through a trail and how to place your tires on certain rocks so you don't high center yourself.

Plus who wouldn't want the opportunity to jump a Raptor? I'm so in.

Ford Racing School used this on their Instagram account. We were the idiots who left the windows down. DO NOT RECOMMEND. But seriously I had always dreamed about jumping a truck and lo... it happened.

This is the other one that ends up on their IG account. I annoyed the shit out of my gf when it posted; she didn't believe it was me behind the wheel.

Just to keep thread on topic of Track Attack, here's an image from the actual event:

Skid car

FR500S

The extra day/car upgrade were so great

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Atlanta Motorsports Park (AMP)

Ford needs a new place to call home (and someday when they ship me my R, I want a track day !!). :cheers:

I offer AMP as their new home in Dawsonville GA. Only 1 hour from ATL airport and metro ATL area.

Pls talk up this opportunity with your Ford contacts or let me know if you have questions. AMP is in contact with Ford now re this. :ford:
Sponsored