Sponsored

GT350 Steering wheel

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
What are you guys doing to take care of the wheel and keep it like new?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
What are you guys doing to take care of the wheel and keep it like new?
Alcantara can be cleaned with water and there are probably cleaners specifically for it.

We had a Boss302 wheel in our 2011 since they were available. It was never cleaned even with water but we don't eat in the car. The nap has worn down quite a bit in all those years. We just sold the car but would probably want to replace the wheel in another year just for that if we had kept it.

Short answer. Not everyone can/does but if you only drive with clean hands, you don't have to worry about the Alcantara.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
A clean damp towel every once in a while will work great. I dont eat in my car either so mine wont get food grease on it.
When I clean the interior I give it a quick wipe and it still looks brand new

Sponsored

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Ugh..... Just got an email from Lethal Performance. They are almost doubling the price of the GT350R steering wheel, even if you have paid for it in advance. Apparently Ford is raising prices on their back orders that have not been delivered yet.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
FWIW I ordered from Levittown a long time ago and asked if the price is locked. Got it in writing that it will ship for the price when I ordered.

Have no idea if there is a cutoff date for that.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Apparently Ford is raising prices on their back orders that have not been delivered yet.
I wonder if that's for back orders after a certain date.

Regardless, its a dumb move on Ford's part. Its not like it costs them much to make the part. I mean they were selling Boss 302 Alcantara steering wheels for S197s for low $1xx before they realized that people would pay more and that included all the switches. Even if they THINK they will make more money selling fewer wheels for more money each, it puts vendors in a bind and just creates way more ill will than its worth. This is NOT some price increase caused by a world-wide shortage of red thread or something.

If they think they can make more with a higher price, it makes sense to raise the price to what the market will bear (I have no idea what that is) but to not honor orders already accepted is pretty low.

AoAIronman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - Ruby Red Manual
Yea i just got the email from lethal too and im writing them a pretty little email to let them know how this is a load of crap. If we ordered something before the price goes up its only fair that we get it for that price. Thats just bad company policy to go back on your word. Its like asking 10k for a car with someone willing to buy it then finding out its nicer and jacking up the price after giving your initial price.

Sponsored

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
Good luck with fighting it but those of us who ordered the gt350 CAI from levittown all already lost that fight. Ford is screwing customers left and right by realizing they can charge more for the GT350 parts and not honoring pre-hike orders. I had my ordered returned to me asking for more money.

Last edited:

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Why do Ford even bother offering the wheel at a low introductory price, to then just hike the price up before they even provide shipments of the wheels to vendors?

Ford is being ridiculous doubling the price so soon before they come off backorder.

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
I wonder if that's for back orders after a certain date.

Regardless, its a dumb move on Ford's part. Its not like it costs them much to make the part. I mean they were selling Boss 302 Alcantara steering wheels for S197s for low $1xx before they realized that people would pay more and that included all the switches. Even if they THINK they will make more money selling fewer wheels for more money each, it puts vendors in a bind and just creates way more ill will than its worth. This is NOT some price increase caused by a world-wide shortage of red thread or something.

If they think they can make more with a higher price, it makes sense to raise the price to what the market will bear (I have no idea what that is) but to not honor orders already accepted is pretty low.
Thanks for being understanding. This is not a tactic for us to try to get more money from anyone, this is Ford screwing us basically by jacking the price up on 15 wheels that we've had on order for over 2 months. There is no "lock in" pricing when it comes to Ford parts apparently :mad:

And the only reason I found out is I was calling to add more wheels to the order. They didn't even bother to tell us that they raised the price on us 3 weeks ago. :rant:

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
So what is the pricing now for these wheels?