Sponsored

GT350 shifter from MGW almost here...

Goofball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 R
This shifter is NOT on our site yet. Don't mistake the MT82 for the Shelby trans. Its a Tremec 3160.,

You can only order on the phone at this point in time.,

George
Ya I'm a ritard. I almost bought the entirely wrong set up. :shrug:

Hey I'm learning here...
Sponsored

MGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
Ya I'm a ritard. I almost bought the entirely wrong set up. :shrug:

Hey I'm learning here...

no worries i actually had my girls looking at the orders making sure it didnt go thru. We got ya!!

George

bmailpb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
What's the price on this bad boy?

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
Does the M6G discount apply to the shifter? I already have a phone order and card number placed but wasn't aware there was a forum discount. Please advise.

Thanks George.

MGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
Does the M6G discount apply to the shifter? I already have a phone order and card number placed but wasn't aware there was a forum discount. Please advise.

Thanks George.

Yes we will honor the forum code. which is MGW6G2015 if you already gave your info please call them back to make sure they apply it.

shifter is same price as the race spec 475

only additional is the deluxe jam nut adapter for the stock knob which is 20 bucks.

makes the stock knob look like this...nice and clean:headbang::headbang::headbang:
http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy1/Tobphotobucket/GT350/___zzz2.jpg

George

Sponsored

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
I just put in my order yesterday for the shifter and gripper knob. Can't wait! :headbang:

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Epiphany, you are the MAN. You keep nailing down these cool upgrades and tweaks. Making me work a little harder is a labor of love at this point. At least I know the pile of cabbage I'll be burning through will not be wasted!

:headbang:

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
George is the man with this one. He and I have conversed about this one since the moment the car was announced and the transmission was identified. It's been great watching this one go from concept, to CAD, to machined billet, testing, revisions made, testing, and more testing. What you guys are going to get will be the latest version of an extremely well engineered mechanism that is without compromise.

I wish I could be there when all these boxes get opened.:)

secstang03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
George

I have a order in, waiting shipping. In the mean time, I thought I read somewhere how the reverse lock out works but can not seem to find it. Does it work just the as factory no matter if the factory knob or gripper knob is used?

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Gripper or factory knobs can be used. The reverse lockout is push-down as opposed to the factory pull-up. It is a far more robust design than the factory plastic collar.

Sponsored

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
Gripper or factory knobs can be used. The reverse lockout is push-down as opposed to the factory pull-up. It is a far more robust design than the factory plastic collar.

Just to be clear the thread pitch/size on the gripper knob is the same as the factory knob thus either will work so long as the factory knob utilizes the adapting jam nut?

When I ordered I wanted to keep the factory knob but I may want to change to the gripper knob later. I am recalling that the thread pitch was different stock vs MGW on some other applications.

secstang03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Thank you for the input.

It is my understanding that the threads on our shifters from MGW will be 10mm at the top and flare out to 12mm thus able to use both the gripper and stock knob. I have ordered both the gripper and jam nut as I am unsure which knob I want to run.

MGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG
we will have 2 handle options...

they are interchangwable also if for some reason you need to change. you do NOT have to remove the shifter to do this....

option 1- will have 10mm up top with 12mm below. you can use this for the stock knob and our gripper knobs.

option 2 - 12mm only for use with our deluxe jam nuts and black or white classic white balls.

George

update...shifters are just waiting on one darned silicone gasket and they will start shipping !!!

SlowArrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
So I called today to update my order with the discount code. I've got to say - you all have the nicest folks answering your phones! Very pleasant and helpful, it is a nice change from what passes for normal these days.

Look forward to getting that shifter!!

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
So I called today to update my order with the discount code. I've got to say - you all have the nicest folks answering your phones! Very pleasant and helpful, it is a nice change from what passes for normal these days.

Look forward to getting that shifter!!
Indeed! George and the staff have always been great to work with!
Sponsored