Sponsored

GT350 MSRP or Less Deals

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Mustang GT, Ordered: 2017 GT350
If anyone has a lead on a 2017 GT350 allocation at or near MSRP, I've got my financing all lined up and my down payment in hand. Any help is appreciated!!

Now let me share my story where I attempted to buy a 2016 this past weekend: I walked into my dealer after FAXing my finance letter and bank account information to the sales staff. I'm interested in the white 2/blue OTT stripes and Tech. package. They have the car listed at $15K over MSRP but the sales guy said they had an event going one, and if I could hustle in there that might be the best chance at getting the GT350. So I did.

I low balled the crap out of them at $3K over MSRP and the manager came out and had himself a chuckle at my expense and then went on to tell me he just sold an all black, stripe delete, track pack car for $13K over MSRP and would sell the white one at the same price if I'm interested. Of course I'm not.

I countered with $5K over MSRP and he told me how California was allegedly getting $30K over MSRP and dealers are buying other dealers allocations at $7K over MSRP. I was like .....well, THIS is not California and THESE are not other dealers allocations. I explained my ceiling was $5K over MSRP and went on to show him 2 dozen listings on Ebay with BUY IT NOW prices hovering around $10K over MSRP. He wasn't fazed and said $13K was where he was at. He said he knew he was gouging and wasn't shy about it at all....and he walked away.

The salesman I was dealing with, the guy who stood to make the commission if he sold me the car said ....if I committed to $10K over MSRP he could get me in the car. So I showed him Ebay again ....and all the cars listed at $10K over MSRP and how NOBODY is committing to buying those cars at those prices. However, if you do an advanced search for GT350s on Ebay and select "Completed Listings" then you get a better idea of what they are actually selling for. If you do this you'll find some selling for those ludicrous prices, but most sell for between $2K and $7K over MSRP....which is why I felt like my $5K was a perfectly reasonable offer. They did not see my logic.

I thanked them for the free water and on my out I ran into the manager who said "Hey man, sorry we couldn't work out a deal, why don't you come back and see us sometime" I responded with "Not likely" and went on my way.

So....then I came home and started researching, fell in love with the 2017 Grabber Blue option, found this forum, and am holding onto a shred of home that I can get into a 2017 at a reasonable expense. Again, any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
If anyone has a lead on a 2017 GT350 allocation at or near MSRP, I've got my financing all lined up and my down payment in hand. Any help is appreciated!!

Now let me share my story where I attempted to buy a 2016 this past weekend: I walked into my dealer after FAXing my finance letter and bank account information to the sales staff. I'm interested in the white 2/blue OTT stripes and Tech. package. They have the car listed at $15K over MSRP but the sales guy said they had an event going one, and if I could hustle in there that might be the best chance at getting the GT350. So I did.

I low balled the crap out of them at $3K over MSRP and the manager came out and had himself a chuckle at my expense and then went on to tell me he just sold an all black, stripe delete, track pack car for $13K over MSRP and would sell the white one at the same price if I'm interested. Of course I'm not.

I countered with $5K over MSRP and he told me how California was allegedly getting $30K over MSRP and dealers are buying other dealers allocations at $7K over MSRP. I was like .....well, THIS is not California and THESE are not other dealers allocations. I explained my ceiling was $5K over MSRP and went on to show him 2 dozen listings on Ebay with BUY IT NOW prices hovering around $10K over MSRP. He wasn't fazed and said $13K was where he was at. He said he knew he was gouging and wasn't shy about it at all....and he walked away.

The salesman I was dealing with, the guy who stood to make the commission if he sold me the car said ....if I committed to $10K over MSRP he could get me in the car. So I showed him Ebay again ....and all the cars listed at $10K over MSRP and how NOBODY is committing to buying those cars at those prices. However, if you do an advanced search for GT350s on Ebay and select "Completed Listings" then you get a better idea of what they are actually selling for. If you do this you'll find some selling for those ludicrous prices, but most sell for between $2K and $7K over MSRP....which is why I felt like my $5K was a perfectly reasonable offer. They did not see my logic.

I thanked them for the free water and on my out I ran into the manager who said "Hey man, sorry we couldn't work out a deal, why don't you come back and see us sometime" I responded with "Not likely" and went on my way.

So....then I came home and started researching, fell in love with the 2017 Grabber Blue option, found this forum, and am holding onto a shred of home that I can get into a 2017 at a reasonable expense. Again, any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Patience. You will find your deal. Be persistent but be patient. Half the fun is in the hunt.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Now let me share my story where I attempted to buy a 2016 this past weekend
Please share what dealer this is so I can avoid them like the plague. But I'll just take a guess and say... Earnhardt?

Sponsored

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
If this is real, this is a great deal. Below MSRP for a new Track Pack!
Looks like a base. Small spoiler with recaros.

Lurker_350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
Looks like Northside Ford. At least they have come down some from their standard $10k ADMs. Only a matter of time......

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Patience. You will find your deal. Be persistent but be patient. Half the fun is in the hunt.
It sounds like he already has approved financing, which means his credit has taken a hit. If for some reason he can't get an extension on the loan, and he has to apply after 30 days, he'll take another hit from the hard inquiry. I don't know about you, but I like my score not going down every few months.

[MENTION=24194]Mustangfan4life[/MENTION] Good luck to you man.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Mustang GT, Ordered: 2017 GT350
It sounds like he already has approved financing, which means his credit has taken a hit. If for some reason he can't get an extension on the loan, and he has to apply after 30 days, he'll take another hit from the hard inquiry. I don't know about you, but I like my score not going down every few months.

[MENTION=24194]Mustangfan4life[/MENTION] Good luck to you man.
Yeah. My credit score is/was 820, and I did have to cancel the loan because.....

I got my order in on a Grabber Blue 2017.....for the same price as what I would have paid at $5k over on a 2016. So....it's fine because I know what I qualified for before. The dealer said a minimum of 4 months, but as much as 6 months to take delivery. So, I have a couple more months to generate more of a down payment. Even if my credit score takes a hit for too many inquiries and I qualify for less....I should still be able to cover it. So....yeah, I'm completely stoked!!

Thanks to Gleek48 for the lead.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Yeah. My credit score is/was 820, and I did have to cancel the loan because.....

I got my order in on a Grabber Blue 2017.....for the same price as what I would have paid at $5k over on a 2016. So....it's fine because I know what I qualified for before. The dealer said a minimum of 4 months, but as much as 6 months to take delivery. So, I have a couple more months to generate more of a down payment. Even if my credit score takes a hit for too many inquiries and I qualify for less....I should still be able to cover it. So....yeah, I'm completely stoked!!

Congratulations! :cheers:

Welcome to waiting hell.

Grunholle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
///M

Excellent, Grabber Blue is going to be great. I was REALLY tempted to switch once I heard about it being a 2017 color.
Sponsored