GT350 Good Deal???

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I would suggest you negotiate a cash deal and then start talking about trade ins. All of this means nothing if you are not getting a fair trade in value for your car. My last deal was negotiated as a cash deal. After the numbers were agreed upon, then we started talking trade value. Then is when you know whether you are getting a good deal or not.

Is 29K a fair price for your car? If it is, then you are probably ok.
Sponsored

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Dealer in Montgomery, AL has 2 '17 350's, Grabber/White Stripe & Ruby/Black Stripe) advertised at $1K over MSRP........feel pretty confident you could walk in there and walk out with one at $1 - $2K below MSRP......still too rich for my blood but I'd not pay ADM on a 350....the production numbers just don't justify it. I recall when Boss 302's were ADM cars too........look at the values now. I think 350's will hold value better than Boss 302's but once you're looking at 10K units produced for '16 & '17 and assuming same for '18, you'll have upwards of 15K units on the road.....too many to hold values forever.........350R = different story...and reflected in the market.

Tacpguy15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
If you're military and currently overseas, have you looked into the military auto exchange sells? I think that's what it's called. My last deployment in early 2015 I was able to get an allotment through them for a Hellcat under MSRP (guaranteed) when they were still selling for 10-15K over MSRP. Just something I would check out if it applies

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
the timeframe for delivery might be pushing it but then again nobody seems to know how production is going to run for the 18s, ive heard from january to march for mine.congrats on the car and if you are good with the 2k adm then go for it and dont worry about anyone else. from what i gather the car is so amazing it is probably worth it.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It is his money to do with as he wishes.......but if you ask for opinions......that's generally what you're going to get.

That being said, who knows what the '18 production numbers will be like. If orders are low, cars will be scarce and prices will be high.....also, for '18, you have the option for leather seating, that was not available on earlier cars.

Sponsored

OP
OP

TexasS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT350
When you say leather seats do you mean the seats that used to come in the convenience package? or the Recaro's now in leather?

Skullbussa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT-R
I've been shopping for 3 weeks with a 500 mile radius of Kansas City and have found ONE dealer willing to sell at MSRP in Arkansas for a color I didn't want.

For those people who know of a red, gray, or lightning blue car for sale anywhere in the Midwest, please PM me. My local dealers want 3k or more over and they ARE moving inventory as I've had two cars sell under me.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
When you say leather seats do you mean the seats that used to come in the convenience package? or the Recaro's now in leather?
Yes, the leather seats from the Convenience Package. I thought prior years were only available with cloth seats......maybe I was mistaken.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've been shopping for 3 weeks with a 500 mile radius of Kansas City and have found ONE dealer willing to sell at MSRP in Arkansas for a color I didn't want.

For those people who know of a red, gray, or lightning blue car for sale anywhere in the Midwest, please PM me. My local dealers want 3k or more over and they ARE moving inventory as I've had two cars sell under me.
Stivers Ford - Montgomery, AL. Their website currently shows a Ruby Red/Black Stripe '17 listed at $1K over MSRP.....

Sponsored

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
they ran out of the leather seats towards the end of the 17my but they have always been an option. in 16 they came with the tech pack cars

Flat Rock Flyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

I found my `17 LB/Black stripe at a small dealer 90 miles South of Omaha who initially had it listed at $2K over MSRP but dropped it to sticker when I called them. Like you, I used a 500 mile radius as my search base...I'd say if you find one that's close to MSRP, call `em and offer (which I'm sure you're already doing). Sending you a PM. Obviously no dealer wants overhead sitting on the floor very long, but especially small town dealerships. Keep after it and good luck.:cheers:
Sponsored

Last edited: