Griots cruise?? 4-2-16

Ndsysiv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP/Recaro's
Hey all. Anyone interested in meeting up and heading down for the caffeine and gasoline meet on April 2nd? Ill be headed there from Auburn. Their theme is supercars that month so hopefully we can see some stuff we can't ever afford haha. My coyote could use some company of like kind :D
Sponsored

ORANG50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
665rwhp 531rwtq
If the weather holds, I'm down. How's the procharger?

OP
OP
Ndsysiv

Ndsysiv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP/Recaro's
If the weather holds, I'm down. How's the procharger?
Yeah, I hope it stay's nice for the meet. I'll be going either way though. The PC kit is awesome! I was able to get some WOT pulls done for Lund today and I really expected traction to be non existent in 3rd. But either it's a little down on some power right now ( is running pretty rich under full load) or since it's a centri unit and builds progressively i was able to keep my foot in it all the way up to the 5k mark they wanted to see. That and it was a nice sunny day to help with the traction over with what you had to deal with in December haha. I hope I can get it all done for this weekend and go have some fun with it because I'm dying to see what she can do down in "mexico". As for a dyno I'll be scheduling that once my halfshafts come in but right now I have no clue when those will be getting here. After a 3 week wait time for them to ship UPS "lost" them.....:paddle: So now I'm in their waiting period to either find or replace and I expect to have to wait another 3 weeks to get a new set :frusty:

ORANG50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
665rwhp 531rwtq
Glad to hear the PZeros are holding.

My half shafts and driveshaft are still sitting in the box in the garage...I'm kinda waiting until my Konis come in, then I'll just knock everything out at once that's in the queue and be done with it for the summer.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ndsysiv

Ndsysiv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP/Recaro's
Latericius, look forward to seeing you there. And wow. No fear of breaking a half shaft on the dyno with the stockers? That would be my fear. Sounds like you have quite the install weekend coming up. I look forward to seeing your car in action sometime this summer! Gonna be a beast!

ORANG50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
665rwhp 531rwtq
As long as you're not wheel hopping on the dyno, you'll be fine. It's essentially the same thing you did getting data log pulls for Lund to tune it, except in a controlled environment.

Two main enemies of half shafts are wheel hop, and hard launches/shifts with sticky tires and a grippy clutch...they introduce a lot of torsional shock which the half shafts don't like. You usually don't have either on the dyno.

OP
OP
Ndsysiv

Ndsysiv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP/Recaro's
As long as you're not wheel hopping on the dyno, you'll be fine. It's essentially the same thing you did getting data log pulls for Lund to tune it, except in a controlled environment.

Two main enemies of half shafts are wheel hop, and hard launches/shifts with sticky tires and a grippy clutch...they introduce a lot of torsional shock which the half shafts don't like. You usually don't have either on the dyno.
I can see how that make sense. I'm my eyes I was thinking with the car strapped down and under load it would add some stress to them. But I will probably reconsider after your thoughts.

ToddF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Shadow Black G0094
I'm hoping to make it down. Anyone one else heading down from the north end of Seattle?

OP
OP
Ndsysiv

Ndsysiv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP/Recaro's
Weather is lookin pretty good for this weekend. it might not be as nice Saturday. But still good car weather.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Jetengine_rn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
My wife and I will go... We live in Lake Stevens, where and what time should the north side folks meet? Finally got some pics of my car in the sun!!! First time in 5 months I think.
image.jpg

ToddF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was planning on leaving at 7:00 from Clearview. I heard it goes form 8 to 11 AM unless that's changed. PM me if you want to meet up.
Nice GT is the color magnetic or guard? I couldn't quite tell.

Jetengine_rn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
It's Magnetic... I'll PM you so we can set plans.

ToddF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds good!