Sponsored

Great Deal on All Season Tires

obk787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP Oxford White
just wanted to let everyone know that is having the same issue as me with the summer tires. Since I live in the north east I needed to get the summer shoes of the little girl and I was looking for all season tires to replace the summer tires with. I just found on tire rack a great deal for YokohamaADVAN Sport A/S at $145 a piece. I looked on other websites for the same tire and they ranged from 175 to 240 a piece. I just wanted to share this with you guys and you can check the video on tire rack where they compared these four tire
Continental ExtremeContact DWS (Ultra High Performance All-Season)
Hankook Ventus S1 noble2 (Ultra High Performance All-Season)
Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus (Ultra High Performance All-Season)
Yokohama ADVAN Sport A/S (Ultra High Performance All-Season)

and Yokohama did as well as all of these tires and out performed all of them for dry weather. I think for this price its a great compromise. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...ck&autoModClar=EcoBoost I4 w/ Performance Pkg
Sponsored

Cowfy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
just wanted to let everyone know that is having the same issue as me with the summer tires. Since I live in the north east I needed to get the summer shoes of the little girl and I was looking for all season tires to replace the summer tires with. I just found on tire rack a great deal for YokohamaADVAN Sport A/S at $145 a piece. I looked on other websites for the same tire and they ranged from 175 to 240 a piece. I just wanted to share this with you guys and you can check the video on tire rack where they compared these four tire
Continental ExtremeContact DWS (Ultra High Performance All-Season)
Hankook Ventus S1 noble2 (Ultra High Performance All-Season)
Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus (Ultra High Performance All-Season)
Yokohama ADVAN Sport A/S (Ultra High Performance All-Season)

and Yokohama did as well as all of these tires and out performed all of them for dry weather. I think for this price its a great compromise. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...ck&autoModClar=EcoBoost I4 w/ Performance Pkg
Thank you! I price matched with a local tire store, who offered even less (a little) than what Tire Rack was charging. Hopefully these will improve my cold weather, dry grip! I don't plan on driving in snow or wet conditions during the Winter.

OP
OP

obk787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just installed these tires today and what a difference. The car is much quiter on the road and traction improvement alot over summer tires

Cowfy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just installed these tires today and what a difference. The car is much quiter on the road and traction improvement alot over summer tires
Great to hear! Mine are going on this Saturday. What temps have you driven the new tires in, and was the road dry?

OP
OP

obk787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This afternoon it was dry and 45 it did great and at night it was 40 but raining and did pretty well held hard shift into 2nd and 3rd pretty well

Sponsored

OP
OP

obk787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only thing I would recommend is go with 265 instead of 255 cause the walls of this aren't as wide to cover rim as pirellis

Cowfy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the replies! Since I already have my tires ordered, I'll just go with the 255s up front and be extra careful (as if I'm not already).

I don't know which tires will fit the wheels, other than what tire rack recommends when I input my car model. I understand how to read the dimensions (width, aspect ratio, wheel diameter), but how would I know the range of tire widths that are supported? I assume that I must have R19 tires for my 19" wheels, but it sounds like there's some wiggle room for the widths, and the aspect ratio is preference for look and performance, assuming you have sufficient wheel well clearance.

FYI, the next size up from 255 on R19 tires for the ADVAN Sport A/S is the 275/35R19 (or my stock rear dimensions of 275/40R19. I didn't see any 265s (in R19).

Would a square setup of 275/40R19 work with our wheels (I'm on 19x9 front and 19x9.5 rear stock GT PP wheels), or is this discouraged due to diminished handling or not fitting the 9" width front wheels?

I appreciate your, or anyone else's, insight.

OP
OP

obk787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
275 will work on 19x9 few people have posted here already and a square setup would definitely work since few people by mistake from factory ended up getting 275 on fronts with their gt pp package

OP
OP

obk787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I gotta ask... why are you people buying all-seasons instead of winters?
With only winter tires you have to either get a designated rims and tires and end up paying around 2k or when summer comes you have to have summer tires re installed on the car. Since I dont have another 2k to drop on the car I chose to go with all season. I also dont want to play with having tires reinstalled on stock rims and risk scratching the black rims. Plus now I will sell my summer tires and atleast get 5$00 for them so my new all season tires will net cost me $200

Sponsored

Boff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 401a Race Red
My 2013 was a handful on all-seasons in the winter. Considering that my deductible is $1000, the money on winter tires is well-spent IMO.

Cowfy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I gotta ask... why are you people buying all-seasons instead of winters?
When I lived in New Hampshire, I swapped my Winter tires with my Summer tires after each season (didn't have dedicated wheels). I have since moved to Rhode Island, which has very mild Winters, as far as snow goes. I plan on driving my "beater" during icy or snowy days, but I need tires on my Mustang that tolerate cold, dry weather. The stock PP Summer tires don't get enough traction in the cold and could get damaged by riding on them.

In my case, I think All-Seasons are more ideal for year-round use on my Mustang where I live. Whether or not I'm right, I'm sure to find out soon enough!

OP
OP

obk787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a 14 manual on pirelli all season and it was no jeep but with down shifting and all it was easy to tame with some salt in the trunk and since the 15 has independent rear it will be a lot easier to control. I obviously will not be driving it in anything more than 6 to 10 inches at which point even winter tires cant save your life

Cowfy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I got the ADVAN Sport A/S 275/40R19 and 255/40R19 put on my stock PP wheels yesterday. After riding down the interstate for a bit to warm them up and burn off any film, I gave it WOT on some back roads and the tires held tight to the road at 35F. :clap2: I was in Sport+ mode with a manual transmission. These tires are worlds better than the stock PP summer Pirellis at the tested temperature, which I suppose should be expected given the conditions.

At night, it was snowing at 31F, with the ground wet and with no snow accumulation or ice. I gave it quite a bit of throttle in second gear, but not quite WOT, and traction felt superb. :thumbsup:

Road noise was comparable to the stock PP summer Pirellis.

I haven't done any aggressive turning with either set of tires, so I can't offer any input on handling differences. The cold temperatures make me too nervous to try. :p

It looks like the next week will be warm where I live, so I won't be able to provide an update at colder temperatures... not that it would matter. My pony will be sleeping in its stable indefinitely until I can get the title/tax information from the dealer/title company so I can register my car. My temp tags expire today. :rant:

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
With only winter tires you have to either get a designated rims and tires and end up paying around 2k or when summer comes you have to have summer tires re installed on the car. Since I dont have another 2k to drop on the car I chose to go with all season. I also dont want to play with having tires reinstalled on stock rims and risk scratching the black rims. Plus now I will sell my summer tires and atleast get 5$00 for them so my new all season tires will net cost me $200
I got Michelin X-Ice xi3 tires and wheels mounted and balanced and delivered from TireRack for $1400. And I have my stock wheels and tires to keep and put back on when the weather gets warm.
Sponsored