Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
D: I want a grabber blue mustang again. Thinking about getting a S650 grabber blue in a year or two......
S650 is a good car, I’ve driven a few now. Doesn’t feel too much different than S550. The interior obviously is a lot different. I’m curious how long they keep GBM as a color. It’s already run longer than the last several times GB was used. There’s some pretty good discounts out there if you can swing one now. Supply definitely seems to be more in line with what it used to be pre-Covid. Lots of cars on lots.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
It had a 5 year run on the S197, from 2010 to 2014. The current run started in 22 on the S550, and if you include the 650, it's on a 3 year stretch

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It had a 5 year run on the S197, from 2010 to 2014. The current run started in 22 on the S550, and if you include the 650, it's on a 3 year stretch
I forgot it started in 2010. I was thinking it was the last 2 years of S197 for some reason. Disregard my prior comment on length.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
No big deal. Actually the 197's and the 17's were the original grabber blue. the GBM started in 22 and has a different paint code.

I have a running pony gas door that was on my 17 painted in the original GB, I kept it and put it on my 23. in bright sunlight you can see the difference. GBM is slightly darker.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
No big deal. Actually the 197's and the 17's were the original grabber blue. the GBM started in 22 and has a different paint code.

I have a running pony gas door that was on my 17 painted in the original GB, I kept it and put it on my 23. in bright sunlight you can see the difference. GBM is slightly darker.
Correct, the 2022+ have the metal flake in it. I think that gives it the darker color in certain lighting. Seems to shift more than the original color did/does

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
One of these days I'll get my gas door repainted in GBM so it matches the rest of the car.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
You still have your GB 17 don't you?
sold it, then put all the money into options and lost It all. lol. but I pay my house off in 8 more months, then I have literally no bills. id get an EcoBoost tho if manual was still offered, with that gone. have no choice but a v8 in all its glory.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
sold it, then put all the money into options and lost It all. lol. but I pay my house off in 8 more months, then I have literally no bills. id get an EcoBoost tho if manual was still offered, with that gone. have no choice but a v8 in all its glory.
Oof, playing the options game is tough. Paying off the mortgage is huge though, congrats on that.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Oof, playing the options game is tough. Paying off the mortgage is huge though, congrats on that.
its no biggie. I lost 25k but I started paying off mortgage 15 months ago, and ive already saved 50k in interest. I owe 40k left, that will be gone in 8 months. then im freeeeee. I chose this route, because, tax free savings. - plus gave me a goal. maybe a mustang is in my future after all.

Sponsored

Applied Carbon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Installed some OEM black mirror covers today to go with the black hood vents I installed awhile back.

20240210_135327.jpg

20240210_135418.jpg
Looking FAT as hell bro, congrats. Them black rearview mirrors look so good with the blackish rims. Only thing i'd add is a black wing.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Was out a couple weekends ago with a friend and her beautiful Rapid Red Ecoboost convertible :). Was such a beautiful day.
IMG_0320.jpeg

And then this week, I went to dinner :) Thanks to @kilobravo for the photo edit for me :)
alexs-gb50.jpg

Ryno073

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
Looking FAT as hell bro, congrats. Them black rearview mirrors look so good with the blackish rims. Only thing i'd add is a black wing.
Thanks, @Applied Carbon . Too funny - after putting the mirror covers on, I spent the next several days looking at black spoilers! I ordered a spoiler-delete car because I wasn't a fan, but with the black hood vents and mirror covers, it could use some more black on the rear end. We'll see - looking for something low-key...at the moment the Roush spoiler looks pretty good to me.

Applied Carbon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Thanks, @Applied Carbon . Too funny - after putting the mirror covers on, I spent the next several days looking at black spoilers! I ordered a spoiler-delete car because I wasn't a fan, but with the black hood vents and mirror covers, it could use some more black on the rear end. We'll see - looking for something low-key...at the moment the Roush spoiler looks pretty good to me.
Great minds think alike. Your car making me want to look into review view covers or even getting black mirrors from flea bay. For the spoiler, I like the Performance Pack style for that OEM look or even the GT350R for that HOTBOY look. Just know your gonna have to drill your trunk, might be worth checking to see if you can find a grabber blue truck lid with the holes drilled if your a crazy person like I am so you don't gonna drill your factory trunk.
Sponsored