Grab your pitchforks and light your torches, EB vs GT vs *gasp* Camaro

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I must be dead because that boss is ugly as shit. But I never gave the Mustang a second glance until the S550. And having liked the Camaro over the Mustang since the late 70's, I can say at this time, the Mustang trumps the Camaro. Even the new generation, the visibility sucks and the interior looks like it was designed by a kid who's into ricer/tuner cars. From the huge gawdy gauge cluster to the tablet stuck in the center dash to the ugly swoosh trim on the door. The new exterior design is by the far the best ever. But jesus, how could you stand sitting in the damn thing. As far as between the GT and EB, get the GT. I bought the EB because of the same reasons as you're thinking. I wanted premium interior, I could get a premium EB for a lot less than a premium GT, and I could mod the EB to run with a stock GT. All valid points. But when modding an EB, remember with every action there's a reaction. And sometimes that reaction sucks. Don't do what I did and have regret. Start off on the right foot and get the GT. There's still some 2015's out there that dealerships are wanting sold and are willing to deal. I know. I've found them on autotrader and I'm hoping some may still be around in a few months. After my house is built, I may be trading in the EB on a GT.
Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I must be dead because that boss is ugly as shit. But I never gave the Mustang a second glance until the S550. And having liked the Camaro over the Mustang since the late 70's, I can say at this time, the Mustang trumps the Camaro. Even the new generation, the visibility sucks and the interior looks like it was designed by a kid who's into ricer/tuner cars. From the huge gawdy gauge cluster to the tablet stuck in the center dash to the ugly swoosh trim on the door. The new exterior design is by the far the best ever. But jesus, how could you stand sitting in the damn thing. As far as between the GT and EB, get the GT. I bought the EB because of the same reasons as you're thinking. I wanted premium interior, I could get a premium EB for a lot less than a premium GT, and I could mod the EB to run with a stock GT. All valid points. But when modding an EB, remember with every action there's a reaction. And sometimes that reaction sucks. Don't do what I did and have regret. Start off on the right foot and get the GT. There's still some 2015's out there that dealerships are wanting sold and are willing to deal. I know. I've found them on autotrader and I'm hoping some may still be around in a few months. After my house is built, I may be trading in the EB on a GT.
Glad you came to see the light and finally bought a real car lol.

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
Does not surprise me that an Ecoboost owner would think that Boss is ugly. That Boss is the way a Mustang should look, sound, and drive. If you wanted good gas mileage, buy a Prius.

Dave

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
meh, i didnt give mustangs a 2nd look until the S550 either. i dont like buying obsolete stuff either, i would not go for an s197.

OP
OP

USAFDave13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89' GT (Sold)
It might be a knee jerk reaction but I think my decision was just made when I found this....drool! :eyebulge:

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
well the mustang does win in the looks category hands down

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
This car is not for everyone, but WOW, do people like to talk to me about it.

It is so cool, the made a VW Bus version....

Parked with some new Mustangs.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
well it is a boss ya know, it's "special". it would be rude not to talk to you about it

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Then buy a 2017. The will all have the track pack /R coolers and choice between seats and electronics.
He won't as he wants to lease a 48-50k Camaro. Too much money for him to finance if he wants a GT350.

OP
OP

USAFDave13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89' GT (Sold)
I COULD buy the GT350, I'd have to put $20k down, beg the wife and finally get over my fear of it ever seeing rain or a rock chip in traffic. I'd rather have something that isn't the end of the world if it gets a door ding.

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
GT350 is out of the question if you're dropping both of your cars for it. It's definitely not a daily driver. IMO your choices should be Chally Scat Pack, Mustang GT, or Camaro SS. Can't go wrong w/ any of them.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
meh, i didnt give mustangs a 2nd look until the S550 either. i dont like buying obsolete stuff either, i would not go for an s197.
How is a s197 obsolete? For Christ sakes you can still buy a million parts for them. You want obsolete? The first thing that makes a car show its age is the radio! That shit gets out dated the day it runs off the line.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
GT350 is out of the question if you're dropping both of your cars for it. It's definitely not a daily driver. IMO your choices should be Chally Scat Pack, Mustang GT, or Camaro SS. Can't go wrong w/ any of them.
How is the gt350 not capable of being a daily driver? Some on this forum do.

WatchSquid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
93 Reef Blue Mustang convertible
Sigh, decisions. I should try doing a bit of networking in San Antonio and see if someone will give me a ride in a modded EB so I can get a feel for it. Test driving a stock one isn't going to give me much to work with in the comparison.
Get together with the folks in the San Antonio Mustang club. I'm sure one of those guys will have an EB you can look at.
Sponsored