Got lucky with Tornado & hail yesterday evening

B Gordon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2015 GT
Got real lucky yesterday evening with a couple of tornados that touched down west of Tulsa Oklahoma.
My wife was still at work so my new Mustang was in the garage.
First, the electricity went out, then we got marble sized hail, then the tornados showed up, and finally heavy rain.
One tornado went just a couple of blocks South of my house. We were in the bathroom and there was quite a loud roar and the house was shaking but so far as I can tell so far, no damage.
The hail put a few dings in the hood of my pickup and would have definitely done the same to my Mustang if it had been outside.

My mother lives another block North of me and she got a flying tree limb that poked thru the side of her house and is sticking about 6" thru the interior sheet rock.

Everybody I know is safe and unhurt, so we can count our blessings.

I have lived in the same house for 40+ years and this is the first time I have had a tornado go that close. Usually they seem to follow the path of the Arkansas river and miss us by a mile or two.
Sponsored

OP
OP

B Gordon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2015 GT
The news says 1 dead and a few dozen injured.
We were without power till this morning so I did not know the extent until looking at the news on my noon break.

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
Glad you are ok and no serious damage.

Not sure how people live in those areas that get hit yearly with severe weather like this.

But the same Im sure is said about me and earthquakes in SOCAL.
Sponsored