Sponsored

Got away with one today.

RouteAbel

2015 GT PP, Magnetic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, Magnetic
Pulling out to make a left today I cut one closer than I should have. Since there was traffic rapidly approaching I gave it some gas while turning. Oops, back end broke free and I almost swung around and hit a car. Nothing hurt but my ego.
Whew! Be careful out there and don't accelerate with the wheel turned. :headbonk:
Sponsored

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
or leave traction control on and let her rip, tater chip.

just kidding.

turn traction control off, unless you're a vag.

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
PP tires are trash when it cools down... i went sideways shifting into 3rd couple of nights ago

Reactions: 113

Sponsored

MultiMediaWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Magnetic
This may be a dumb question, but is it still possible to spin out in normal driving mode with dry roads? I was under the impression that traction control and stability control prevents that.

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
when I was pulling out of a turn on monday I felt like I was getting wheel spin. It was around 50 F and wet. These tires are definitely not reliable in wet and cold conditions but it's not cold enough here to justify winter tires

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It's the tires. You should be able to be apply a reasonable amount of throttle in above freezing temps and not be tail happy.

That said, a common mistake a lot of people make when they have a throttle-induced oversteer moment is to let off the gas. This is especially true for anyone that learned to drive on FWD cars, as letting off the gas will help throttle-on understeer. Don't do that, countersteer. If you let off the throttle you transfer weight off the rear to the front and make it worse.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
This may be a dumb question, but is it still possible to spin out in normal driving mode with dry roads? I was under the impression that traction control and stability control prevents that.
Yes, electronics can only do so much if tires cant grip, they don't work.

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Haha I would be passed if you hit me cuz you were peeling out

Sponsored

Wvmike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP
I have noticed that when I power shift 1st to 2nd. It doesn't matter if TC is on or off, it's going sideways.:ford:

Lowrider

Drive Fast...Live Slow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A poorman's coupe
I've been driving on Michelin winter tires for about two weeks now using sport mode. And from my experience the car can still get sideways in a straight line on dry roads. The real party will start when it starts snowing and getting icy.

dash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang PP
I just did this also. Hit it in a left turn and walked it sideways. I was shocked how much it broke loose in normal mode.
But it was fun!!!!!!! Just hold on and counter steer

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
You know, I find it easier to make the end swing out with traction control on, that with advanced trac off. There is a sharp turn getting on the high way, I mostly every morning i try different combinations to make it swing a bit. swings out more with traction control on that off.

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
I just did this also. Hit it in a left turn and walked it sideways. I was shocked how much it broke loose in normal mode.
But it was fun!!!!!!! Just hold on and counter steer
I did this during a test drive of all things. Decided right there that the GT would not work out well for my wife. Got the Eco instead.
Sponsored