Got a VIN# but no other info?

Clarkson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clarkson
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Ingot Silver Manual
Orderd 04/01/2016 (yes on april fool's day), dealer send me the VIN today and used cotus to check.

Got no other info at all. I guess we should get build week and other stuff along with the VIN?
Sponsored

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
If you have your VIN, your car is probably within a week or two of building :thumbsup:

You might want to send Deysha [MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION] a PM with your VIN, order number, real name, and dealer name. She can tell you when the car's build date it and when it ships, etc :cheers:

Congrats!

OP
OP
Clarkson

Clarkson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clarkson
Vehicle(s)
If you have your VIN, your car is probably within a week or two of building :thumbsup:

You might want to send Deysha [MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION] a PM with your VIN, order number, real name, and dealer name. She can tell you when the car's build date it and when it ships, etc :cheers:

Congrats!
My dealer said its gonna be a 12 week wait and it scared the crap outta me. My heart might explode by then. Yeah I msged her

Sponsored

Libertas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Vert Premium Every Option but Auto Trans
Orderd 04/01/2016 (yes on april fool's day), dealer send me the VIN today and used cotus to check.

Got no other info at all. I guess we should get build week and other stuff along with the VIN?
I ordered GT Premium Vert on 3/31/2016. One day ahead of you. Got my VIN last Thursday (4/7), but still have nothing else. FordService said I have a "late May" build, but didn't give me any further detail. I'm expecting to wait until the 4th of July (about 13 weeks). Anything less will just make me happy. I say I won't zealously check status on COTUS daily, but I do. It is unavoidable.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
My dealer said its gonna be a 12 week wait and it scared the crap outta me. My heart might explode by then. Yeah I msged her
Well, have a look at my signature. Should give you an idea. Blend date=the date that the factory thinks your car will be built.

You can look your VIN up online here, even before the car builds. Note, however that your VIN doesn't come up until about a week before build date: http://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html

In my case, I got a pleasant surprise: my car was built 1 day before the blend date :thumbsup:

However, it sat at the factory for about a week before shipping. They wait until there's a full 15 Mustangs going your way before they load them onto the autorack (huge, 3 level rail car...). I was on Spring Break vacation at the Oregon coast with my family when my salesman called...when we checked out of our rental beach house, we drove straight from the coast to our dealership in the Portland area to buy the car (1 day after it arrived at our dealer...).

I'd imagine going to Canada, there's going to be a customs inspection at the border, and going to Victoria, there's going to be an auto carrier truck that has to take a ferry :headbonk:

P.S. My family and I are planning on going up to Victoria this summer, in our new Mustang, for our family vacation. I've been there before, beautiful place! If you see a Deep Impact Blue Ecoboost Performance Package car with Oregon plates, be sure to introduce yourself :)

OP
OP
Clarkson

Clarkson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clarkson
Vehicle(s)
Well, have a look at my signature. Should give you an idea. Blend date=the date that the factory thinks your car will be built.

You can look your VIN up online here, even before the car builds. Note, however that your VIN doesn't come up until about a week before build date: http://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html

In my case, I got a pleasant surprise: my car was built 1 day before the blend date :thumbsup:

However, it sat at the factory for about a week before shipping. They wait until there's a full 15 Mustangs going your way before they load them onto the autorack (huge, 3 level rail car...). I was on Spring Break vacation at the Oregon coast with my family when my salesman called...when we checked out of our rental beach house, we drove straight from the coast to our dealership in the Portland area to buy the car (1 day after it arrived at our dealer...).

I'd imagine going to Canada, there's going to be a customs inspection at the border, and going to Victoria, there's going to be an auto carrier truck that has to take a ferry :headbonk:

P.S. My family and I are planning on going up to Victoria this summer, in our new Mustang, for our family vacation. I've been there before, beautiful place! If you see a Deep Impact Blue Ecoboost Performance Package car with Oregon plates, be sure to introduce yourself :)
Thanks for the help :clap2:. I just got my vin a couple days ago and used it to check the status on cotus and found no build date which is kinda weird I suppose as most people claimed that they got a build date along with the VIN. Also I figured its gonna be hard to have about 15 mustangs to my places as mustangs are selling slowly here compared to in the US as there are not really much people here in Canada lol, the biggest dealer in town has about 10 mustangs in the lot.

My mustang is gonna be an ingot silver V6 with Gt350 wheels and if you see me just let me know:headbang::headbang: I can buy you some dinner or such and we can talk about our rides. I actually planned to visit oregon as my first road trip this summer as well.:headbang:

pwhitmire

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Mustang Order

I ordered my '16 GT in mid January. Got a VIN a few weeks later and nothing since. Dealer says the car was built 2/29 but there is a factory hold and will not ship :frusty:

Libertas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Vert Premium Every Option but Auto Trans
I ordered my '16 GT in mid January. Got a VIN a few weeks later and nothing since. Dealer says the car was built 2/29 but there is a factory hold and will not ship :frusty:
That must be quite annoying. Try sending an IM to FordService. Sounds like an anomaly. If the car were built on 2/29, you should have had it - realistically - a month ago.

Sponsored

pwhitmire

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
mustang order

I've contacted everybody I could, Ford, the dealer, zone and regional managers... and got nowhere. Whatever the holdup is Ford doesn't want to talk about it.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the help :clap2:. I just got my vin a couple days ago and used it to check the status on cotus and found no build date which is kinda weird
COTUS is/was a pilot program that Ford decided not to roll out (for whatever reason). It only worked for 2015 'stangs...the Research Maniacs link I gave you should work. Your window sticker will only come up about a week before your build date. When it finally does come up, pay attention to the blend date. That's when your car is "supposed" to build :thumbsup:

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
My car endured a 1 week factory hold, because it was waiting for 14 additional ponies to pack into the autorack bound for Portland, Oregon...the Mustang factory had quit building Fusions by then :thumbsup:

There was another dude in the forum here who lived somewhere in eastern Wisconsin (about a 5 hour drive from Flat Rock, MI). His car got hung up at the plant, too (for like a month!)...I was surprised that being so close to the factory, they didn't ship his car by truck. But it got hung up because it was being shipped by rail and Ford waits until they can fill a complete autorack before shipping them out.

Hyland33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
I ordered on 3/8, got a VIN a couple weeks after and haven't got anything since. Hoping to have it before May 19th when I go to Cruisin OC in Maryland but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Sponsored