Sponsored

Goodwood Festival of Speed - Live Feed (GT350R action)

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
What an awesome, AWESOME day!

OK, not just Mustangs, but here are my pics :)

Finally got a chance to meet one of my heros, Mr Dave Pericak. He was doing a quick TV interview, so we hung around until he was done. We just wanted his autograph (which we got) but when my friend asked if we could take his picture he said "only if we take it in front of the GT"......OK, if you insist Mr Pericak!! So, we're likely the only 2 members of the public to have been allowed inside the glass box, as it sealed all weekend, as you'll see from my other photos.

I took the opportunity to thank him and the team for all their superb work on Mustang, the awesome GT350 in particular. He said "and we'll just keep rolling them out, one after the other". I had to ask him what's next then but, ever the professional, he said he couldn't say, but there was a twinkle in his eye.

This man, in my eyes, is already a living legend. So thank you for being such a gentleman, Mr Pericak :)

Awesome photos .... thanks Paul. Couldn't make it to the FoS this year unfortunately, but followed it all via the live internet stream. What a great three days! ..... so many great cars, bikes, riders and drivers but I've certainly never seen anything like the crowds reaction to Valentino Rossi!

The GT350 looked and sounded SO good on the video stream. I hope the glint in Mr. Pericak's eye meant it's coming to the UK :) ..... I've SO got to have one! :love:
Sponsored

adrift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mercedes Benz GLK
Wow, super well done, Twin Turbo! Great pics and what a great weekend it must've been. Thanks for all the posts - Ford should give you a lifetime discount for the free promotions! :cheers:

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Thanks for the kind comments, chaps. It's certainly a good time to be a Mustang/Ford Performance fan

:ford:

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I have a video clip of GT350R accelerating/wheel spinning on its way back down from the hill climb yesterday. I'll try and upload once I get home from work! So much for someone saying in a previous thread that they were told to take it easy on the Sunday?!

f e r

Dapper.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fach 1 / Jeep SRT8
Man the GT350R look badass in Race Red.

Also... The Hoonicorn w/ Ken Block!!

Awesome pics, thanks for sharing.

Sponsored

Helios1234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo/Porsche Cayman S
I have a video clip of GT350R accelerating/wheel spinning on its way back down from the hill climb yesterday. I'll try and upload once I get home from work! So much for someone saying in a previous thread that they were told to take it easy on the Sunday?!
The Stig would never take it easy! He was doing donuts on the way down on Saturday, where a 918 nearly crashed into it...

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
The Stig would never take it easy! He was doing donuts on the way down on Saturday, where a 918 nearly crashed into it...
Ha ha..true. I spoke to the Mustang Product Designer (believe that was his title!) and asked him about why we were not getting the red taillights, bonnet vents etc. It basically all came down to regulations.

On a side note, the new Ford GT looks amazing! If only it wasn't £250k!!

Race Red GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Racered
OK, this is too surreal!

Went out for dinner with the family to the pub we have our Mustang meets at (this place is about 1.25 hrs drive from Goodwood)...........and who do we meet there?

:shocked:

What a great photo.Also says a lot about Richard Petty being great with fans.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
A number of things are different overhere...
- No hood vents on GT (not availble as option neither, pedestrian regulations)
- No NAV shark fin on the roof.
What does the hood vents and roof mounted antenna have anything to do with pedestrian safety !!!
Can someone from EU explain please.

Nice photos Paul, thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Goodwood Festival

wish there were more pix of the black 550...anyone know wheel and tire size?

Vernichtung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Correct :)

Bill Shepherd Mustang are the first official Shelby Mod Shop outside of North America and this is their first build.............it's a Shelby GT, and will be included in the Shelby Register. A few pieces were missing from the build (rear spoiler/front grille/stripes) as these are still in transit.

In the metal, it looked superb :headbang: