Sponsored

Goodbye Warranty,Hello Whipple

andybird123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro - Hyper Blue
Gibbo is running a Lind tune in the UK

The weird thing is Lund say that on their website that non-US customers have to pay a premium over their normal tuning price, but this doesnt appear to be the case sometimes?
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Gibbo is running a Lind tune in the UK

The weird thing is Lund say that on their website that non-US customers have to pay a premium over their normal tuning price, but this doesnt appear to be the case sometimes?
:shrug:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Gibbo, forgive my ignorance here, I know NOTHING of EFI tuning...
Is there any issue using a Lund tune on a non-US car?
Do Lund have an off-the-shelf Whipple tune available?
I'm just trying to work out which way I'm going to go when I finally (?) get around to fitting a Whipple to an Aussie vehicle.
Trying to avoid the traps as much as possible. :doh::cheers:

Lund just need your ECU strategy code and serial of your SCT X4 (needs to be USA SCT X4) or an nGauge.

Lund are custom tuning, so they send you a base file and will ask you to datalog in order to get the most from your car safely. It took them three revisions to get the tune on my car where they wanted it. I then informed them how I'd like the throttle to feel and they changed throttle tables for me. :)

I already had an SCT X4, so the price for all this was $200 and no delivery charges obviously on email tunes.

They do charge more for Whipple tuning, contact them and they will sort you out. :)

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Lund just need your ECU strategy code and serial of your SCT X4 (needs to be USA SCT X4) or an nGauge.

Lund are custom tuning, so they send you a base file and will ask you to datalog in order to get the most from your car safely. It took them three revisions to get the tune on my car where they wanted it. I then informed them how I'd like the throttle to feel and they changed throttle tables for me. :)

I already had an SCT X4, so the price for all this was $200 and no delivery charges obviously on email tunes.

They do charge more for Whipple tuning, contact them and they will sort you out. :)
Thanks Gibbo, very helpful.
Reding between the lines here a bit, it seems that a guy like me (new to tuning) would do well to get the engine mounts fitted along with some extractors and a tune prior to installing the Whipple.
Basically, this would mean less jobs to do on "Whipple weekend" and provide some familiarity with the Ngauge/uploading/downloading tunes. The last thing I want is to fit the Whipple and then find that I can't follow the plot with the tuning procedure :headbonk:
In terms of data-logging and revisions, can you explain the procedure a little more clearly?
Are they wanting a series of full throttle runs?
How long does it take them to get the revision back to you?
Is it "safe" to continue driving the car while you wait for the new tune?
I assume they run the car a little rich if anything?
The car is a daily driver (amongst other things) so I can't afford to put myself in a situation where it's undriveable for long periods.
Love your guide to the suspension btw, very helpful. :thumbsup:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Thanks Gibbo, very helpful.
Reding between the lines here a bit, it seems that a guy like me (new to tuning) would do well to get the engine mounts fitted along with some extractors and a tune prior to installing the Whipple.
Basically, this would mean less jobs to do on "Whipple weekend" and provide some familiarity with the Ngauge/uploading/downloading tunes. The last thing I want is to fit the Whipple and then find that I can't follow the plot with the tuning procedure :headbonk:
In terms of data-logging and revisions, can you explain the procedure a little more clearly?
Are they wanting a series of full throttle runs?
How long does it take them to get the revision back to you?
Is it "safe" to continue driving the car while you wait for the new tune?
I assume they run the car a little rich if anything?
The car is a daily driver (amongst other things) so I can't afford to put myself in a situation where it's undriveable for long periods.
Love your guide to the suspension btw, very helpful. :thumbsup:

When they tune a Whipple they will talk and guide you through everything. nGauge makes logging very easy, a passenger makes it easier!

At first they will just want some gentle cruising and idle logs. They will then make adjustments and send you a tune to try WOT on.

For WOT is just 3rd gear from 2000-7700rpm, do this once and send to them, they will re-vise and send you a new tune.

Rinse and repeat until spot on, can take 2-3 attempts.

Then if you dislike how it drives or want it do something different just tell them and they will sort it.

Lund are great!

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
You guys are ansolutely killing this!
All your input is greatly appreciated.
We can buy the Whipple locally but they all want WAY too much for it, so I'm just gonna go it alone and see if I can make it work.
Seems that it's not all smooth sailing, but not ridiculously difficult either. I'll probably have more questions once I get deeper into it.
Thanks again.
Sponsored