Goodbye for now...

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
30mpg in a Mustang GT? Complete and utter bulls h I t. Drive a GT halfway how it's meant to be driven and you will never see 20mpg combined.
I didn't see anyone clarify, but Imperial gallons vs US gallons? A US gallon is 4/5 of an imperial gallon, so 30MPG IMP = 24MPG USG, so probably not totally unrealistic... Of course lots of other factors, wind, average gradient, temperature etc......
Sponsored

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Your math is a little off. You can put regular in the GT without penalty(Decrease of like 5 hp), most are probably going to put premium in the ST ...
My math isn't "off", you changed the parameters of my illustration.

Most GT owners use Prem, and most ST owners use Prem. For their segment they are the higher performing cars, so people want the best performance That's the way it is, and that's why it's the only fair comparison.

hate to break it to you but you're probably doing it wrong if you're getting the coyote at 17 combined. Many of us in the UK are getting 30+ out of the GT no problem ...
Don't worry, you're not really "breaking" anything new to me. lol

I've owned an '11 GT, '12 GT, and '13 GT. They all got ~17 mpg combined.

Must be the UK is running on a different set of physics ...

Something must either be wrong with my car or my right foot. Over 22k miles I only averaged 16 mpg!:dance:
Nothing at all wrong with your MPG numbers, you simply represent the vast majority of GT owners. :thumbsup:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
42$ ?? Holy thats cheap.

My fillup costs me close to 90$ in Canada which is around 70$ USD for 93. And I daily drive my car.. I literally fillup every 2 days no joke.
Yeah, that's true. Gas prices here are some of the lowest in the country overall. Thanks Houston! I think...

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
i would pray for fuel to be that cheap :(

just a point too I own a focus st and a 5.0 mustang. mustang gets 27-31mpg focus st gets 24-27 mpg in the real world the focus isn't actually that efficient
I get 19-20 mpg average. No way you are getting 27-31. I do not rag my car either.I am usually pretty light on the pedal.

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
I get 19-20 mpg average. No way you are getting 27-31. I do not rag my car either.I am usually pretty light on the pedal.
As Brett said in post #31, Gallons are bigger in the UK than they are in the US. So a car will go further on a UK gallon than on a US gallon because it's more gas. In other words 30 MPG in the UK does NOT equal 30 MPG in the US.
Sponsored