Sponsored

good to see so many preorders

livewildcard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
https://www.facebook.com/AusMustangFordMag?fref=nf

Exciting news from Ford Australia today, the new 2015 Ford Mustang that will be here later this year will now come standard with the Performance Pack on all Mustang models. This package includes “K Brace” under the bonnet to secure the suspension strut towers to the bulkhead; unique chassis tuning; upsized rear sway bar on the Fastback and heavy duty front springs.

OP
OP
nadojay

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
Awesome news, just a shame those springs will be ripped out lol

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
What's with 303kw? Isn't this further down again from the 325?

livewildcard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This has been like that from the start.

I believe it was something like "Different countries or different bodies regulate KW differently" or something.

So using one method its like 325KW, using the method that Australia recognises its 303KW

Sponsored

MotorFF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
USA use SAE method, all ancillaries off, no muffled exhaust. Europe and Australia use DIN, all ancillaries on with exhaust in place. The actual power customer gets doesn't change.

MotorFF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
2000 preorders in Australia VS 3400 for the entire Europe. We are doing well for a small population country.

tarabrae

How's the serenity?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback MT
Interesting but not surprising that Ford believes the Ecoboost to be the bigger seller long term, despite early orders leaning towards the GT. What I did find surprising was the automatic version of the GT formed the largest group in the pre-orders. I would have expected that most orders would have come from "driving enthusiasts" preferring the more immersive experience of driving a manual vehicle.

MotorFF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Not surprising that auto gt is the big seller. I'd say average age of buyers dictates that. I don't think there will be too many guys in their 20's buying this, it is a lot more than the 86/BRZ

tarabrae

How's the serenity?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback MT
Not surprising that auto gt is the big seller. I'd say average age of buyers dictates that. I don't think there will be too many guys in their 20's buying this, it is a lot more than the 86/BRZ
Maybe city traffic these days too. I get a sore knee every time I go to Sydney! Glad I have a winding country road for my daily commute.

Sponsored

livewildcard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I only ordered one.

And an auto.

And a GT.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
It's interesting the comments below the article talking about the demographic who are purchasing the Mustang. It would appear I don't fall into any of the categories suggested.

2000 orders is a lot but I just want my one already, sold my car last week now the real wait begins.

OP
OP
nadojay

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
It's interesting the comments below the article talking about the demographic who are purchasing the Mustang. It would appear I don't fall into any of the categories suggested.

2000 orders is a lot but I just want my one already, sold my car last week now the real wait begins.
Yeah you always have those twats commenting on any car not a euro hatch, i dont fit any of those stereotypes either and dont care about image, i just buy what i want be damned what others think.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Yeah you always have those twats commenting on any car not a euro hatch, i dont fit any of those stereotypes either and dont care about image, i just buy what i want be damned what others think.
Exactly! This car is beautiful to many different types of people across many generations.
Sponsored