Sponsored

Good News for West Coast Buyers

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I stumbled across this video on You Tube yesterday and, if true, means that a hell-of-a-lot of West Coast buyers are due a hell-of-a-lot money in refunds. The OP claims that all dealers in the west coast division have been told to limit ADM's on all GT350's to $5K over MSRP. He claims that, after paying $10K over for his car at one dealer, he heard about this little known fact from his local dealer, and contacted the division office via email. He was issued a refund check for $5,000 plus tax. I know it sounds too good to be true, but I would definitely invest a few minutes to check it out if I was one of the many west coast buyers who got raped by their dealer with a ridiculous ADM.

[ame]
Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
If this is true, it's a decision from one dealer group - not "all dealers in the West Coast Division." There is no legal way a single entity, whether it's Ford or a government agency, can set a limit on the selling price of these cars. Buyers control the selling price, and this buyer was not over-charged - he over-paid because he really wanted the car, which was his choice. There will be no mass "refund" to California buyers.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
If this is true, it's a decision from one dealer group - not "all dealers in the West Coast Division." There is no legal way a single entity, whether it's Ford or a government agency, can set a limit on the selling price of these cars. Buyers control the selling price, and this buyer was not over-charged - he over-paid because he really wanted the car, which was his choice. There will be no mass "refund" to California buyers.
Yes, that's the case. Just this one chain of dealers...which he didn't name.

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
I saw that video a few days ago. I thought it was funny he stated he came out the winner, yet still paid adm at the end of the day. I don't see how anyone can honestly think they've won if adm is involved. You may have and are enjoying your car, but the dealer won.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
Yes, that's the case. Just this one chain of dealers...which he didn't name.
I seem to remember it was Autonation looking at the tags, don't have time right now to watch again.

Grunholle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
///M
Saw that last month, it was just a pricing adjustment within a dealership chain.
Sponsored