Sponsored

Good Cabin Air Filter for 2020 GT?

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
The time has come to replace the factory cabin air filter. Can someone recommend a good one or the best ones available?
I plan on switching out myself so I don't mind spending a bit for a good quality filter.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The stock one. Or whatever you can find on sale at AutoZone. It’s a cabin air filter, not that big of a deal.
Interesting that the air we breathe isn’t as important as the air our engines get….. :giggle: :giggle:

Sponsored

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting that the air we breathe isn’t as important as the air our engines get….. :giggle: :giggle:
But what happens when you roll the windows down or simply get out of the car......you breathe unfiltered air.

dreamvillian_9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
But what happens when you roll the windows down or simply get out of the car......you breathe unfiltered air.
Right? Dude acts like I said run no air filter. I hardly doubt you or your lungs are going to be able to tell the difference between Motorcraft, purolator, or a K&N cabin air filter. They’re all going to do what they’re intended to do. That’s what I meant by it’s “not that big of a deal”

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Right? Dude acts like I said run no air filter. I hardly doubt you or your lungs are going to be able to tell the difference between Motorcraft, purolator, or a K&N cabin air filter. They’re all going to do what they’re intended to do. That’s what I meant by it’s “not that big of a deal”
I'm sure he meant it in a light-hearted manner.

But seriously, I think this is the first time I've ever seen "what's the best cabin filter?".......the cheapest one 🤷‍♂️
Sorry for poking fun @Albertcado . Don't mean to be rude but I couldn't resist. To answer your question without snarky remarks, the OEM filter will be just fine unless you can find an aftermarket one for cheaper.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I replaced mine when I first bought it. Used STP I think, something from autozone. I did have an issue with getting it to slide up into the place where it goes, it only went about halfway before it started to collapse from me pushing on it. I figured it was just because of the cheap aftermarket part and a fairly snug fit. Anyone come across this issue? I have replaced countless cabin filters and this is the first time I had one do this. I was going to get the K&N for the next time I replace it to see if it fit any better.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I replaced mine when I first bought it. Used STP I think, something from autozone. I did have an issue with getting it to slide up into the place where it goes, it only went about halfway before it started to collapse from me pushing on it. I figured it was just because of the cheap aftermarket part and a fairly snug fit. Anyone come across this issue? I have replaced countless cabin filters and this is the first time I had one do this. I was going to get the K&N for the next time I replace it to see if it fit any better.
The filter on our cars is a real pain in the ass. I had no issue with mine but did check it a few times to make sure I was putting it in the right way.

Sponsored

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m guessing the emojis was not a tip off that I was joking. :giggle: :giggle:
People interpret things in different ways. Perhaps he thought you were laughing at him 🤷‍♂️

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
People interpret things in different ways. Perhaps he thought you were laughing at him 🤷‍♂️
Good point Eric.

Jamel, apologizes if that’s what you thought. I wasn’t laughing at you. I was just kidding.