Sponsored

Going to place order today. Lets talk dealer fees etc

Bswor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 coupe, 06 saleen clone, 15 gt
Just so i know what to expect and so that i don't get ripped off. What fee's can I expect to be tacked on with xplan.

I know there is a $100 doc fee allowance but what else will be there?

Thanks for the information, this is my first time using the xplan and ordering.
Sponsored

OVRKILL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built '91 Land Cruiser, '15 EB PP MT
They're allowed to charge a total of $375 in fees. In some states there's a legal limit on documentation fees so it could be lower for you. There's a spreadsheet in the xplan thread that will tell you exactly where the money is going.

Edit: Didn't include the $100 doc fee.

You'll see this info on your X-Plan confirmation sheet.

OP
OP
Bswor

Bswor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you that is very helpful. So possibly $100 in document fee's and advertisement fee of 1.63%.

Drazen96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fletch
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
It's really not much compared to buying with out xplan. I've been using x plan for 10 years on 8 cars. It's great only haggling is your trade if you have one. Otherwise depending on model and options you'll get 2k+ off. If you got that eaa deal for the extra coupon even better.

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
You can't waive the Advertising fee. Every car sold by a Ford dealership will have that. It's what Ford Corporate charges the dealers for the national advertising campaigns that they run. It does vary from region to region, but I've never seen or heard of it being waived or altered on an invoice.

Be wary of this as the dealer may say that they will reduce the fee, but then tack it on somewhere else on the invoice.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bswor

Bswor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ok thanks for the information. I'm having them email me a copy of everything so i can go over it thoroughly

USPSALIMITED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 GT PP Guard
The x-plan documentation fee is a set no haggle price, $75.00 here (I do not know if there is geographical variance). Else my dealers standard documentation "processing" fee would have been $289, at least that is the number on their standard form.

Licence and title fees I will pay at the BMV separately.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Dealers may charge X-Plan Buyers up to $75 or $100 Doc Fee where allowed by State Law. Its (not) mandatory and Dealers that don`t charge Dealer Fee`s will even waive that. If not, I`d insist in them throwing in 4 or 5 complimentary Oil Changes to compensate for that X-Plan allowed Fee.

RisingForce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 tempo.
The x-plan documentation fee is a set no haggle price, $75.00 here (I do not know if there is geographical variance). Else my dealers standard documentation "processing" fee would have been $289, at least that is the number on their standard form.

Licence and title fees I will pay at the BMV separately.

The doc fee isnt a set in stone fee. That is the MAX they can charge you, but it IS negotibale.
And most states, when you go through a dealer, they have to get you your title and there is no way around it, so hence why they dealer has to collect the title fee upfront.
You can of course get your own plates and pay for those separately.

USPSALIMITED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 GT PP Guard
The doc fee isnt a set in stone fee. That is the MAX they can charge you, but it IS negotibale.
And most states, when you go through a dealer, they have to get you your title and there is no way around it, so hence why they dealer has to collect the title fee upfront.
You can of course get your own plates and pay for those separately.
Agreed, dealer can beat the xplan agreement if they choose to.

I'm buying out of state, I think that changes things on title fee & of course plates.
Sponsored