Reaction score
First Name
Pk
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT AT
2019 GT AT Stock
Just want a fun daily, 91 pump gas, just waste gate boost level

Hellion TT sleeper kit, 62mm DBB

Ford motorsport 56lb injectors... Do I have to run bigger injectors?

? Now do I need a JMS FuelMax ??
Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Personally I'd run dw95s at minimum and a bap. Can you get away with less? Sure but I wouldn't push it. Best thing to do is ask your tuner what they recommend.

OP
OP
turbopk

turbopk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pk
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT AT
Personally I'd run dw95s at minimum and a bap. Can you get away with less? Sure but I wouldn't push it. Best thing to do is ask your tuner what they recommend.
Thanks!

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
I had the Hellion Sleeper kit. Install is much harder than other kits due to the oiling setup. Pain in the ass to say the least. Collection tank is way to low, it has to be to collect the oil. On a lowered car do not recommend. I am running the air cooled Comp turbos that do not require oil or water. Yes it is a low mount kit. Yes bigger injectors I would recommend ID1050s up to 950WHP. I am running ID1300s

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
2019 GT AT Stock
Just want a fun daily, 91 pump gas, just waste gate boost level

Hellion TT sleeper kit, 62mm DBB

Ford motorsport 56lb injectors... Do I have to run bigger injectors?

? Now do I need a JMS FuelMax ??

Hello. Thank you for interest in our product.

Because you only want to run pump gas and it is an 18+, the 56 lb injectors will be perfect. You have the D.I. injectors help with fueling, so combined they will do everything you need and have great driveability.

Team Hellion

Sponsored

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I had the Hellion Sleeper kit. Install is much harder than other kits due to the oiling setup. Pain in the ass to say the least. Collection tank is way to low, it has to be to collect the oil. On a lowered car do not recommend. I am running the air cooled Comp turbos that do not require oil or water. Yes it is a low mount kit. Yes bigger injectors I would recommend ID1050s up to 950WHP. I am running ID1300s

Hello. Just to clarify, we use dual tanks on each turbo, no center tank anymore. It maximizes ground clearance and makes installation easier.

Team Hellion

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I didn't have many issues with the install. My sleeper kit in on a stock ride height car and I've experienced no issues. I do understand if your car is lowered significantly.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
My install was easy too. Tedious but very straight forward and easy. Only issue was busted up knuckles from trying to get my hands in all those tight spaces. Plus the oiling system is amazing. Gear driven, no loud electric pump, low maintenance. Also the dual tanks make for great clearance. If I had to do it again I'd go hellion everytime.

Also op just for reference, my bap crapped out and I had to wait for the replacement for about a month due to the chip shortage. I drove the car anyway without the bap and had no fueling issues with the stock system plus dw95s. I still wouldn't want to leave it that way. Baps are cheap insurance to make sure you never run short on fuel.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
Hello. Just to clarify, we use dual tanks on each turbo, no center tank anymore. It maximizes ground clearance and makes installation easier.

Team Hellion
Yea I remember y'all thought I was crazy when I told ya the collection tank was to low and could be a liability for ya if it came loose. Oil on rear tires would make for a hell of a day.
Looks like ya took my advice and changed things up. Smart move. I have moved on to Comp oiless/waterless air cooled. You should work out a deal with Comp. I even recommended that about a year ago. Next update you will be telling me you don't sell Precision anymore and now are using Comp. :like: Either way you guys are good people. Keep up the good work.

WIST2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I know this is an older thread, but for anyone who has installed this kit, how does the crank pulley/drive thing install? Do I need to pull the stock crank bolt out?

Sponsored

Jbcain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
6.7psd, 3.0eco
I know this is an older thread, but for anyone who has installed this kit, how does the crank pulley/drive thing install? Do I need to pull the stock crank bolt out?

Yes, hellion provides a longer bolt.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Yea I remember y'all thought I was crazy when I told ya the collection tank was to low and could be a liability for ya if it came loose. Oil on rear tires would make for a hell of a day.
Looks like ya took my advice and changed things up. Smart move. I have moved on to Comp oiless/waterless air cooled. You should work out a deal with Comp. I even recommended that about a year ago. Next update you will be telling me you don't sell Precision anymore and now are using Comp. :like: Either way you guys are good people. Keep up the good work.

lmao. Good thing they had you, boo!

WIST2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Yes, hellion provides a longer bolt.
Thanks for the response. Does anyone have feedback for how these cars are in the rain? I like the idea of this kit, and I know the filters are routed up in the bay a bit, but it just seems like the turbos would ingest water if it was driven in a good rain. Anyone have any feedback about this? I'm talking about a true daily street car, not a weekend warrior to be clear.

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Unless you drive through flooded roads with water up to the engine block, you will be fine.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the response. Does anyone have feedback for how these cars are in the rain? I like the idea of this kit, and I know the filters are routed up in the bay a bit, but it just seems like the turbos would ingest water if it was driven in a good rain. Anyone have any feedback about this? I'm talking about a true daily street car, not a weekend warrior to be clear.
I put almost 20k miles on my hellion car in the last year. Daily driven rain or shine. No issues in the rain and we had some very wet monsoons last summer. I was a little apprehensive at first but the car never missed a beat.
Sponsored