Global Window Opening & Auto start from outside on UK Cars

Black Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Why is there NO Global Window Opening & Auto start of the engine(Auto's Only) from outside on UK Mustangs,can these be Enabled (In the ECU?) or have they not been incorporated due to EU regulations ?

Thanks
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
they have global opening but no remote start we don't have the button on the key fob

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Global opening results in the windows opening themselves at inopportune moments and remote start is not legal in the UK. Apparently.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Global opening results in the windows opening themselves at inopportune moments and remote start is not legal in the UK. Apparently.
had it on my old saffire cossie though it was provided by a clifford alarm but it can't be illegal in the UK as the new merc's have a phone app where you can remote start the car etc

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
I seem to recall having read somewhere that the lack of any remote start (factory or option) is down to EU regulation and linked to emissions rulings (and will probably be something to do with safety also).

During my recent trip to Florida, there were several occasions when I walked past empty cars in parking lots that had their engines running, or that just started on their own, which was due to people hitting their remote start buttons as soon as they'd left the store in order that the air conditioning would cool the car somewhat by the time they reached it... which was a good feature (I thought).

But hey... we're British... so we're happy to fry our backsides off in the summer heat or near freeze to death on winter mornings in our cars while they cool down/heat up... all in the name of lowering our carbon footprint and saving the Earth...

wait...

hang on...

isn't that a planet destroying tree-hugger's nightmare of a V8 engine under the hood (sorry 'bonnet') :crazy: ?

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Black Thunder

Black Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thank you and great answers from you all I assumed that the EU IN THEIR WISDOM OF JUST BEING DIFFICULT and the fact France (who as we know are one of the 2 who Rule the EU ) hate most things that are not French just like their Media, Films US films TV shows are all restricted heavily just my opinions you understand

Dragon1972

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Think it's just Ford saving cost on the UK cars, I've got remote start on my XF via the Jag phone app so it's definitely not a legal issue.

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
I seem to recall having read somewhere that the lack of any remote start (factory or option) is down to EU regulation and linked to emissions rulings (and will probably be something to do with safety also).

During my recent trip to Florida, there were several occasions when I walked past empty cars in parking lots that had their engines running, or that just started on their own, which was due to people hitting their remote start buttons as soon as they'd left the store in order that the air conditioning would cool the car somewhat by the time they reached it... which was a good feature (I thought).

But hey... we're British... so we're happy to fry our backsides off in the summer heat or near freeze to death on winter mornings in our cars while they cool down/heat up... all in the name of lowering our carbon footprint and saving the Earth...

wait...

hang on...

isn't that a planet destroying tree-hugger's nightmare of a V8 engine under the hood (sorry 'bonnet') :crazy: ?
I keep hearing this and that about EU regulations not allowing the Mustang to have red tail lights or remote start, etc, yet there are BMWs and Mercedes with things like remote start. You can even use the keyfob of the new 5 series to drive the car if you want.

OP
OP
Black Thunder

Black Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Maybe its just the bottom line but why not offer these as Extra's ? You pay you get simple really when I bout my MB the list went on and on everything you would ever need or not need was available ,at a cost of course .Anyway love my Mustang even though I would have gone for a few Extras if they were available,

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Think it's just Ford saving cost on the UK cars, I've got remote start on my XF via the Jag phone app so it's definitely not a legal issue.
I keep hearing this and that about EU regulations not allowing the Mustang to have red tail lights or remote start, etc, yet there are BMWs and Mercedes with things like remote start. You can even use the keyfob of the new 5 series to drive the car if you want.
Probably is just Ford saving money!

Didn't know there were EU cars out there with remote start... wonder if it can be retro fitted to the Mustang... would be a fun upgrade... especially with the unholy noise my exhaust now makes since I fitted the H-pipe?

Sponsored

Matrix2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
Must be cost cutting.. option removal, my Disco has it, its great, track the car, see every journey its ever done, lock/unlock, start.. pre heat/cool all from my iPhone!!
I really wish my Stang had it although I leave it in gear so that would not work!!... great for an auto though.

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
My Disco3 bought in 2005 had it in the owner's manual but not in the car. When I enquired I was told that it is illegal in the UK to have a car running with no driver in or near it ???

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
My Disco3 bought in 2005 had it in the owner's manual but not in the car. When I enquired I was told that it is illegal in the UK to have a car running with no driver in or near it ???
That's the statement i've had a few times, didn't know other cars had auto start from the key????

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
That's the statement i've had a few times, didn't know other cars had auto start from the key????
This was also my thinking ^^
I guess they've found some way round that if there are cars now equipped with it.

Actual

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 V8 GT Auto Fastback Black
Illegal to leave an unattended vehicle with the engine running on the road.

Not illegal to leave the engine running on private land such as your driveway.

Also not illegal but not advisable to leave the engine running in the garage with the door closed and when the garage is part of the house then the carbon monoxide fumes seep into the living areas and affect and even kill people who are sleeping in the house which has happed around the world.
Sponsored