Ghost misfires on Ford engines

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I thought some of you guys might be interested in seeing the video below. The guy produces some great videos and his videos have lots of good info in them. This particular video discusses problems with ghost misfires on Ford engines. I don't know that it's something related to what's been happening with some of the guys engines here, but I figured it was worth posting in the event that something was helpful in it.

[ame]
Sponsored

arghx7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 years Ecoboost
TLDR: there's a misfire learning procedure that requires the Ford service tool, and it has to be done after a lot of common procedures that may affect the crank position sensor (pulley removal, engine removal, etc). If you don't do it, you'll get symptoms of misfire due to wrong diagnosis inside the ECU.

See the service procedures for details.

tittermary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought some of you guys might be interested in seeing the video below. The guy produces some great videos and his videos have lots of good info in them. This particular video discusses problems with ghost misfires on Ford engines. I don't know that it's something related to what's been happening with some of the guys engines here, but I figured it was worth posting in the event that something was helpful in it.

Yeah this was my next thing to try, I tried the old way but since the ecu already had a end of line calibration stored it didn't work I will need to use scan tool method . Good find btw

jrowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBeast
I don't know that it's something related to what's been happening with some of the guys engines here, but I figured it was worth posting in the event that something was helpful in it.
What's been happenign with some guys engines here? I must have missed that.
Sponsored