Sponsored

Getting hot out

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
Any one else noticing performance dropping now that its starting to warm up outside? I'm seeing lower boost and just overall loss of power. Logs look fine so I guess its just the computer doing its job and compensating for the heat. Kind of stinks though I hope it doesn't get any worse when it really starts to get hot out. Also I'm in NJ so I have been used to the nice cool weather for the last several months. My CAT is only around 90-100 right now.
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Hotter humid air kills power on N/A engines too. I can feel the difference.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
It's still 84° ambient temperature here right now (at almost 10:00 PM) with 58% humidity. I can definitely tell the weather is starting to affect performance ever so slightly. The crazy thing is, everyone is telling me that we haven't even scratched the surface yet.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
lol Enjoy it. Our 'power' months down here are from about Dec. - Feb.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Would a big a$$ intercooler help driving around Florida like a maniac most of the time?

Terry

Sponsored

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
Would a big a$$ intercooler help driving around Florida like a maniac most of the time?

Terry
Lol, it definitely would help keep the higher charge temps/heat soak at bay. I have an older Levels IC, and it worked pretty well last summer when it was so effing hot. Temps will go up sitting in traffic, but as soon as you start moving, drops right back down. I'm staying about 5-7* above ambient on the highway in 90+ deg weather we've had lately. Nik has a new larger core for his street IC, so it should work even better.

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
I dont know what colder weather looks like so to me performance stays the same (always sucks??). 92+ degrees year round and 60%+ humidity isnt the best atmosphere

Wulf Titan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM A/T
Yeah Texas summers can be brutal! Gets close to 100 just about every day and it's always pretty humid. Since i have a tune and the stock IC i need to watch it on the throttle during the day and wait for it to cool down at night.

DB23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T 200A Auto Ingot
Just hit the 90s here in NJ this week. Seemed like a good excuse so pulled the trigger on a CPE FMIC yesterday. ;-)

BoostedCanadianPoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antoine
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB PP base
yea man, living in a freezing country i can tell my turbo likes the cold a lot better

Sponsored

Buhbuhj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
Yeah I feel like the MAP intercooler is just barely adequate on these 90+ days. You can feel the power loss immediately because it's hard to get the charge temps down under 100.

OP
OP

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
95 today I drove 15 mins to store and back CAT 140 even with my big intercooler! When I did give it some boost It did drop 30 degrees after only a few seconds which was nice but I had to use the ac and that made it feel even slower lol summers gonna suck!

jmmats

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jarrod
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost w/Performance Pack
installed my CPE a few days ago. Intake temps are really close to ambient but i have noticed some delay in getting that power to come in ( but im blaming the humidity and heat)
temp.png
temp2.png

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
so whats the biggest IC out there without having to mod the chasis?

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Driving around in mid 80's temps here in Florida my intake temp was about 117F or about 30F above ambient, no wonder I am getting power loss.

My next mod is going to be an intercooler, did the research and for me I am going with the Levels intercooler, good design, good price.

Terry :)
Sponsored