Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Gave Ruby a good bath on Thursday and she sure needed it. Beeyooteeful day but very windy, even for here and once again, got a late start. (spending too much time in PS during the mornings. <grin>)

I've had a bottle of Lift for some time although not sure why I waited so long to try it. Being obsessive about foam, <laughing> I always add a bit more (for Mom and the kids,) and I used 80ml.

After trying it, I have to say that I prefer Reset although Lift did the job just fine and rinsing wasn't problematic. Same ratio with Reset generates more better foam. and of course, it smells great. Lift didn't seem to have much of a scent. <smile> I will use it up on the truck and her car but considering the gallon prices are very close, Reset is my choice.

ruby-wash_240411_02.jpg

By the time I finished the big girl it was too late for photography so I backed her out this morning for a shot (to complete the post.) <chuckling>

ruby-wash_240411_03.jpg

For a '16 with 25k, I think she still looks pretty darn good.

BTW, I of course have forgotten who mentioned the RC roll of tear off MF towels but my first roll showed up a couple days ago and thanks to whomever for the tip. Haven't tried one while detailing yet but I already like these a lot more than the bags of colored MF "rags" from Sam's. that I've been using for far too long.

rag-company-tear-off-mf-towels.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Gave Ruby a good bath on Thursday and she sure needed it. Beeyooteeful day but very windy, even for here and once again, got a late start. (spending too much time in PS during the mornings. <grin>)

I've had a bottle of Lift for some time although not sure why I waited so long to try it. Being obsessive about foam, <laughing> I always add a bit more (for Mom and the kids,) and I used 80ml.

After trying it, I have to say that I prefer Reset although Lift did the job just fine and rinsing wasn't problematic. Same ratio with Reset generates more better foam. and of course, it smells great. Lift didn't seem to have much of a scent. <smile> I will use it up on the truck and her car but considering the gallon prices are very close, Reset is my choice.

ruby-wash_240411_02.jpg

By the time I finished the big girl it was too late for photography so I backed her out this morning for a shot (to complete the post.) <chuckling>

ruby-wash_240411_03.jpg

For a '16 with 25k, I think she still looks pretty darn good.

BTW, I of course have forgotten who mentioned the RC roll of tear off MF towels but my first roll showed up a couple days ago and thanks to whomever for the tip. Haven't tried one while detailing yet but I already like these a lot more than the bags of colored MF "rags" from Sam's. that I've been using for far too long.

rag-company-tear-off-mf-towels.jpg
The TRC Rip-n-Rag suggestion would have been me. :blush:

With Lift, it's a heavy-duty workhorse soap designed for deep cleaning and decontamination, which explains the lack of scent. Compared to Reset which is pH neutral at 7.5, Lift is considerably more alkaline at pH 12.3.

IMG-4551.jpg

IMG-4554.jpg

I wouldn't necessarily use blow through Lift so you can get back into Reset, rather keep it as a periodic decon soap, say every 4 to 6 months.

As for foam, Lift is not as concentrated as Reset and Carpro recommend 1:10 in a foam cannon, so about 100 ml of soap into 900 ml of water. You should get nice thick foam at that rate, although by design it thins down and starts to run from the vehicle, taking the dirt with it.

IMG-2116.jpg

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
The TRC Rip-n-Rag suggestion would have been me.
I should have known it was yours, D. <grin> At the rate my memory is going, I won't know my own name by Christmas. <laughing>

With Lift, it's a heavy-duty workhorse soap designed for deep cleaning and decontamination, which explains the lack of scent. Compared to Reset which is pH neutral at 7.5, Lift is considerably more alkaline at pH 12.3.
Of COURSE you told us that previously, amigo, and I completely forgot, as usual..many thanks.

I wouldn't necessarily use blow through Lift so you can get back into Reset, rather keep it as a periodic decon soap, say every 4 to 6 months.
Big DUH and I won't just "use it up," thanks for that, too.

As for foam, Lift is not as concentrated as Reset and Carpro recommend 1:10 in a foam cannon, so about 100 ml of soap into 900 ml of water.
Roger that, D, I'll bump it up to 100 next time I use it..you ARE "The Man!" <smile>

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Where I noticed that Lift really shines is when I want to deep clean road salt/chemicals off the car during the winter if/when the weather allows. The soap on the driveway after letting it dwell for a few minutes is quite disgusting, so you know it’s doing its job.

I know that’s not really a problem for you all in the warmer climates, but that’s where I really notice how well it does. I also notice it more if it’s been really dry and dusty then we get a rain and then it looks like it rained dirt on the car. Same effect as I mentioned with the road salt above.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
BTW, truck looks great Kent!

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Yep, Lift is an alkaline “stripper” soap. I just ordered a bottle for cleaning the wife’s van as it’s not coated and get washed maybe once a month if I’m up to it.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yep, Lift is an alkaline “stripper” soap. I just ordered a bottle for cleaning the wife’s van as it’s not coated and get washed maybe once a month if I’m up to it.
It’s good for unclogging a coating too. That’s primarily what I use it for with both of our cars

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
It’s good for unclogging a coating too. That’s primarily what I use it for with both of our cars
Absolutely, didn’t mean to imply otherwise. I just keep Ventress clean with Reset and let my detail guy do his magic once a year to get all the minutia I neglect lol.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Absolutely, didn’t mean to imply otherwise. I just keep Ventress clean with Reset and let my detail guy do his magic once a year to get all the minutia I neglect lol.
LOL. At least you don’t have road salt and brine that really clogs up coatings. Makes maintenance a little easier