Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I saw that after you mentioned them. I went and looked, I however really like the idea of DC powered this time around.. But if i didnt go dc id probably consider that.
You want DC powered? Why is that? You still have to charge the batteries.
Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
You want DC powered? Why is that?
Did you not look at the specs on that lift i posted :lol: id like dc because it doesnt require me to have as big of a compressor nor have the garage wired for 220. Plus its lower opperatiom costs and it just uses 2 24 group series batteries and it self charges. I can buy two heavy duty odyssey batteries. I don't want to be as invested as i was at my last house for my lift. 100 gallon ingersole rand compressor etc. Id rather use a 50-60 this time

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Lololol. I just looked at its price since they didnt have it listed. Hot damn i m not spending 18g for that lift. Ill go with a closed front. The hell with that.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Did you not look at the specs on that lift i posted :lol: id like dc because it doesnt require me to have as big of a compressor nor have the garage wired for 220. Plus its lower opperatiom costs and it just uses 2 24 group series batteries and it self charges. I can buy two heavy duty odyssey batteries. I don't want to be as invested as i was at my last house for my lift. 100 gallon ingersole rand compressor etc. Id rather use a 50-60 this time
I assumed you had 220. It's cheaper to use 220 then 110/120. If you already have it. I have 220 and 3 phase.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Lololol. I just looked at its price since they didnt have it listed. Hot damn i m not spending 18g for that lift. Ill go with a closed front. The hell with that.
Lmao. 18k for 12 volts lol. They are pretty proud of that lift! That's nuts.

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I assumed you had 220. It's cheaper to use 220 then 110/120. If you already have it. I have 220 and 3 phase.
I dont have anything but 110v at the moment. Our house sold before we found something else. We just wanted out so we are renting at the moment until we either have something built or find something we want. At our last place i had to pay a lot to get set up for 220. I want new constructiom but my wife wants some old historic house shit. :( so i was trying to prepare myself for a dc set up unless i can change my wife's mind. Unfortunately its all talk until then. I wanted to spend less but i might not get that choice if my wife gets her way.:lol:

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Lmao. 18k for 12 volts lol. They are pretty proud of that lift! That's nuts.
Shit yeah it is. It was a larger size lift, i know that impacts cost. I might end up with 220 at those prices. :lol: i still think im going to down size compressors this time. 50-60 should be fine for my own vehicles. I just dont do the amount of side work i previously did to justify all the crazy high dollar set up now. I dont need a 10g lift, 2500ish dollar compressor anymore. 10g alone is all i feel like investing for everything.

bmailpb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
That's a helluva strap job you got there bmail. Looks almost like a portable boxing ring.
The entire weight of the lift is on the trailer, but the vertical posts are not supported in a linear fashion, so, I just needed to keep them from flopping around at speed on the highway. Made it the 50 miles home with no issue.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Do yourself a favor and check out http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/?gclid=CJSi0ebXl84CFUFahgod-JEDOg they have all the lift you will ever need. Don't need an industrial lift you can get one for just over $2,000.

You can also have your garage door converted to a side mount motor and the door will lift straight up to ceiling and clear any car on the lift. Door wil go straight up and then if needed (depending on height of ceiling) it will hug against ceiling.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Do yourself a favor and check out http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/?gclid=CJSi0ebXl84CFUFahgod-JEDOg they have all the lift you will ever need. Don't need an industrial lift you can get one for just over $2,000.

You can also have your garage door converted to a side mount motor and the door will lift straight up to ceiling and clear any car on the lift. Door wil go straight up and then if needed (depending on height of ceiling) it will hug against ceiling.
LOL I knew you were going to comment. You have the best set-up Jaime.

Sponsored

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
I don't know how many of you have knowledge about electricity. So I'll just tell you that all residential homes have 220 coming into the breaker panel.

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
The entire weight of the lift is on the trailer, but the vertical posts are not supported in a linear fashion, so, I just needed to keep them from flopping around at speed on the highway. Made it the 50 miles home with no issue.
No offense meant. It's a cool picture. But if that was me buying that lift, as soon as I started the truck to leave the husband would pull up and I would have to listen to those two fight for three hours or drive through the bushes to get to the road.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
LOL I knew you were going to comment. You have the best set-up Jaime.
Lol thanks :)

I bought my Benpak 10,000 2 post lift from http://jmcautomotiveequipment.com/ and I couldn't be happier.

I bought my 10,000 lb 4 post Atlas from gregsmithequipment.com and they are great to.

My Benpak required 220 but my Atlas uses 110. I'm sure you can get a 2 post that uses 110 from gregsmith but as it was mentioned every house in America has at bare minimum 100 amp service which will allow a 220 breaker to power a lift.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase