Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
The Holley numbers are less then the Cj intake. But that's all I know. And that's on a 5.0.
Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I've done some data logging with Lund and it is a lot better and pulls stronger, but he still hasn't given me my E85 tune. The last log I sent him on Easter on 93 with 4 degrees more timing ran STRONG! but when I sent it to I'm he said it was pulling the 4 degrees of timing back out because of the lack of octane. I added 32 oz of torco octane booster to bring my 5 gallons of 93 octane from 93 to 104 and the knock went away. Waiting to hear back. My lift just came in so I'll be tearing my front and rear end out and doing my mods, once I'm finished I'll be back on the dyno. I wish ford performance would bring the 100mm throttle body to market! The good news though is the ford performance axles are available on April 9th! Just in time. Also waiting on the vorshlag camber plates.

PS. On Easter Day I took it out at night and got on it in 3 gear and at 80mph it got loose and the traction control kicked in. I have a video but anytime I record my car with my cell phone inside the car it cuts out bad.
Sound like a pain in the ass.. Why not just get a real dyno tune? It would be better than w/e Lund is providing via email and would be done right on the spot. Or maybe some remote tuning on the dyno.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Sound like a pain in the ass.. Why not just get a real dyno tune? It would be better than w/e Lund is providing via email and would be done right on the spot. Or maybe some remote tuning on the dyno.
I agree with you 100% And I even talked to Watson about this when I was there doing the dyno pulls last time. Since my last visit to Watson I drove it 25 miles (because I work 12-14 hours a day 7 days a week) and data logged it 3 times for Lund. I don't want to say anything bad about Lund but he's doubted my lean tune 2 times now and I have all the dyno info, it wasn't until I sent him pics of the plugs and data logs. Even with the stock tune it was lean and even other tuners stated they seen lean tunes on the voodoos. So I know I'm not alone. The only reason why I am wanting to use Lund is for the flex fuel and Watson don't do flex fuel tunes. I'll tell you this though, email tunes are a pain in the ass. I could get back on the dyno and have Lund tune it while I'm on watsons dyno, but if I do that I may as well have Kim at Watson tune it. He works for Watson and does all Their tunes in house. I'll more then likely go that route once I finish my other mods and make time to go back to Watson. I just bought a 2016 F150 regular cab short bed 2.7L Eco boost and I'd like to see what I can squeeze out of my new tow truck. I'll keep you posted on this thread as I go along.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Really needs the ARH Mufflers or Magnaflow Catback! Other than that, perfect. Love the decel sound with the O/R pipe
What don't you guys like the rasp? What I DO NOT want is a typical sounding American V8 cross plane crank sound. I'm interested in hearing the Borla active mufflers when they become available.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
+1

I don't like rasp, but what I'm hearing from cars with LT headers is not nearly as raspy as those that just do the resonator delete. It sounds like what I envisioned with the FPC motors in the first place. Personally, I think Ford made a mistake in designing an exhaust system to make the FPC sound like the traditional American cross plane V8. The car is unique, especially the engine (and they certainly market the damn thing as such), so why not go all out on the exhaust system to emphasize that fact?

Anyway, I desperately want to add LT headers in the future, but I can't justify the cost at the current price levels. I'll wait to see if they come down any, or maybe try to pick up a set of used ones from a member later on.

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
600+ hp at the crank is easy without touching the internals. I know 540-550 rwhp is there with just long tubes, tune and E85/high octane fuel. Don't waste your money on a CAI. the stock one is good. But, that might change with the 92-100mm tb ford performance is talking about. I'd love to try a hogan custom intake with mono blade or a Holley stinger intake.

Hell the last time I was at Watson with just the long tubes and 93 octane and a lean tune lifting off the throttle at 6000 rpm I pulled 511 hp. With e85 or race gas and a good tune 540-550 is there. Right now at 511 RWHP I'm right around 600 crank hp now.
My car made 14whp with just the JLT CAI.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I personally like the sound of my car with the long tubes and catless. Anyone that's seen or heard my car in person including all the Guys at Watson like the way my car sounds (or they are being polite lol) I'm not sure if I like the magna-flow active gt350 system or not but I'm interested in hearing the borla gt350 active system also. It's hard to tell by just hearing video sound clips.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
My car made 14whp with just the JLT CAI.
At the time of my ARH testing at Watson I was still using the stock CAI and stock air filter. With the stock tune and only long tubes and catless on stock mufflers on 93 I made 484rwhp. Up 30.4rwhp from stock. When I loaded the Lund tune we ran into a snag and later found out the vender never told Lund I had catless long tubes on my car. Running the lean tune with ARH long tubes and off road X pipes on same 93 and stock mufflers I pulled 511 rwhp lifting off the throttle at 6000 rpm because it was leaning out. Since then I've received some revised tunes from data logging with Lund and he's added more fuel and 4 degrees more timing. It definitely pulls harder, but I just recently added torco octane booster to boost my 93 up to 97-107 octane depending on mix ratios. I want to do more dyno pulls on the octane booster before trying E85. If I see substantial gains on the octane booster then I'll skip the E85 hassle and continue to use the octane booster. After more dyno pulls I'll try my JLT and revised Lund tune. But I really want that 100mm tb from ford performance to come out!

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
But I really want that 100mm tb from ford performance to come out!
I'm definitely looking forward to the 100mm throttle body. Curious how much it will help.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I'm definitely looking forward to the 100mm throttle body. Curious how much it will help.
Hopefully it'll work as good as the headers lol.

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
At the time of my ARH testing at Watson I was still using the stock CAI and stock air filter. With the stock tune and only long tubes and catless on stock mufflers on 93 I made 484rwhp. Up 30.4rwhp from stock. When I loaded the Lund tune we ran into a snag and later found out the vender never told Lund I had catless long tubes on my car. Running the lean tune with ARH long tubes and off road X pipes on same 93 and stock mufflers I pulled 511 rwhp lifting off the throttle at 6000 rpm because it was leaning out. Since then I've received some revised tunes from data logging with Lund and he's added more fuel and 4 degrees more timing. It definitely pulls harder, but I just recently added torco octane booster to boost my 93 up to 97-107 octane depending on mix ratios. I want to do more dyno pulls on the octane booster before trying E85. If I see substantial gains on the octane booster then I'll skip the E85 hassle and continue to use the octane booster. After more dyno pulls I'll try my JLT and revised Lund tune. But I really want that 100mm tb from ford performance to come out!
Was the stock tune with headers lean, or did that pull go all the way to redline without any concerns? Have you notice any difference in vibration with the headers?

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
The car was lean with the headers and with both the stock tune and Lund tune. Absolutely positively no vibrations at all and I have no vibration dampers or flex pipes. It's smooth as stock.

All stock tune pulls with and without headers were pulled all the way to 8250. The Lund tune was pulled to 6000 rpm because it was leaner at 14.02 at the 6000 mark. But made 511 rwhp still. So more timing and more fuel it'll definitely add more power.
Sponsored