Sponsored

FRPP Track Pack Slalom Instrumented Numbers (Vs Stock PP and 1LE, 2011 GT etc)

OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
I wish this thread got more traction,'pardon the pun, I've read about the handling package but most parts get 10-50 different opinions and reviews but this kit has gotten really only 1 good one, this kit seeks for the price 100x better than anything on the market. Money aside seems comparable to the best. I'll be putting this on my ride after tax season aka busy season.
I dunno if there is a way to make it sticky or if its worth it - but I agreed, objective data is almost impossible to find with any aftermarket parts.
Sponsored

craig.martell

Threads
Reaction score
Central Coast of CA (20 min from Laguna Seca :-)
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Ingot Silver, 3.55, Black Appearance
I'm curious about the difference between the track handling pack and the street handling pack.

Given that the street pack has a lot of PP parts, and a GT PP was already faster than a Boss 302 around the track, I wonder if I need to go to the extra harshness (I assume) of the the track vs street pack.

(I currently have a GT base, and am wondering what's the best $1000 suspension mod I can make. If you have an idea, please posted it here.)

OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Bump from the dead for posterity. Searched high and wide for this topic, finally found it--back to life! Hard data is good for the brain.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious about the difference between the track handling pack and the street handling pack.

Given that the street pack has a lot of PP parts, and a GT PP was already faster than a Boss 302 around the track, I wonder if I need to go to the extra harshness (I assume) of the the track vs street pack.

(I currently have a GT base, and am wondering what's the best $1000 suspension mod I can make. If you have an idea, please posted it here.)
Street handling pack is just the PP suspension but with lowering springs. The track handling pack has better dampers, stiffer springs and swaybars than the PP.

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Believe there are some that have paired the SP080 with the FRPP kit and think highly of it. A little birdy told me the SP080 and Koni combo is a winner as well, but of course that's still all hearsay for now:ninja:
I have a SP080 and Koni setup. I haven't been to a track but I can say a huge improvement in handling.

Was going to get the SP083 handling springs but they were out at the time. Although it seems that the SP080s are more for the street and the SP083s are specifically designed for the track? Maybe Kelly could shine more light on that.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I would like to see a pp gt with the track pack setup and running on 20lb wheels. Loosing 14 lb per rear and 13 lb per front wheel should make some good all around improvement on the track. Has anyone have that combo? I may go for track pack setup + Advanti wheel (20 lbs) combo. On top of it, adding pilot super sports.

OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
I would like to see a pp gt with the track pack setup and running on 20lb wheels. Loosing 14 lb per rear and 13 lb per front wheel should make some good all around improvement on the track. Has anyone have that combo? I may go for track pack setup + Advanti wheel (20 lbs) combo. On top of it, adding pilot super sports.
I'm basically building a track pack GT. See my sig.
It's BMR suspension + MGW shifter + JMS pedalmax + light and wide wheels with RE71R.

Once warranty is done, headers, intake mani, TB and tune.
The issue with Advanti wheels is 9.5 inch width is limiting. I was hoping for a 10 inch wide wheel so I could mount 285s. Putting 285s on a 9.5 inch wheel will impact handling negatively. With the correct offset, it should be a 23-24 pound wheel (keep in mind the front Advanti will need a spacer if you are going square due to the low offset, so add that weight as well).

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Forgestar cf5v wheels 19x10 et35 are about 23lbs a piece. At least weighed on my bathroom scale. I should be able to fit 295s on my car with these wheels as there's plenty of clearance, only thing I'm not sure of is fender clearance going that wide. However, if 285 is all you want a 40et would be the ticket as it saves ya just a little bit more weight. Apex wheels seem to be a good track wheel as well

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
Are there anymore reviews from people on the forum? Almost ready to pull the trigge onthis. r

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
Are there anymore reviews from people on the forum? Almost ready to pull the trigge onthis. r
Bump. I'd be interested in hearing some other real-world reviews of the Ford Track Pack. Can't afford to upgrade now, but it's something I'm planning to do in about a year when I can afford it.

OctopusWrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP & AP
I can offer up my opinion, I'm running the FRPP track pack with Steeda Stop the Hop, G-Trac brace, Steeda black diff bushings and MGW shifter.
I also have a JLT CAI with Lund tune and Borla S-Types, those were my first mods. I'm still running stock wheels and tires, but plan on upgrading to the MRR350s and MPSSs at some point as my final mods, if I don't succumb to trading up to a GT350 altogether. Thankfully Ford dealers here in PHX are douchbag scum and make it easy not to want to work with them.
First, if you only do one mod, or for your first mod, make it the MGW shifter. Changes the entire car in and of itself. Driving is such a better experience with that alone. Precise, crisp, tight shifting and I find it to be much easier shifting. No missed shifts at all.
Now, I can't really offer my thoughts on the FRPP track pack alone, as it went on at the same time as all of the other suspension mods. But together, the car is a dream. Frankly, the GT should come with the Track Pack as the standard offer. No more floaty feeling, no bounciness, corners like a dream. I feel incredibly confident in this car now, and while I haven't tracked it or driven it incredibly hard, I do find myself pushing it more now than I did before.
My friend called the car sinister looking, with the drop and aggressive stance. I'm loving it.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I can offer up my opinion, I'm running the FRPP track pack with Steeda Stop the Hop, G-Trac brace, Steeda black diff bushings and MGW shifter.
I also have a JLT CAI with Lund tune and Borla S-Types, those were my first mods. I'm still running stock wheels and tires, but plan on upgrading to the MRR350s and MPSSs at some point as my final mods, if I don't succumb to trading up to a GT350 altogether. Thankfully Ford dealers here in PHX are douchbag scum and make it easy not to want to work with them.
First, if you only do one mod, or for your first mod, make it the MGW shifter. Changes the entire car in and of itself. Driving is such a better experience with that alone. Precise, crisp, tight shifting and I find it to be much easier shifting. No missed shifts at all.
Now, I can't really offer my thoughts on the FRPP track pack alone, as it went on at the same time as all of the other suspension mods. But together, the car is a dream. Frankly, the GT should come with the Track Pack as the standard offer. No more floaty feeling, no bounciness, corners like a dream. I feel incredibly confident in this car now, and while I haven't tracked it or driven it incredibly hard, I do find myself pushing it more now than I did before.
My friend called the car sinister looking, with the drop and aggressive stance. I'm loving it.
That's more or less how I feel about the package. I haven't had a chance to seriously track it on a road course yet, but I drive very hard in and out of town and have yet to feel like I've gotten anywhere near its limit. Like you I no longer have any wheel hop, bounciness, or float, and the car corners better than I could have hoped. I think the bean counters at Ford won out over the engineers, because this package trumps the Performance Pack by a non-trivial amount and should have definitely been the PP suspension instead of what we got. :crazy: Another nice thing about this Pack is that you don't sacrifice comfort for performance. It rides pretty close to the same comfort level as my Base did but handles like a far more expensive car. I have zero complaints about the Track Pack and would strongly recommend it to anyone looking for an all-in-one suspension upgrade.