Sponsored

FRPP Track Pack Slalom Instrumented Numbers (Vs Stock PP and 1LE, 2011 GT etc)

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Looks like the FRPP track pack gained a significant 3mph on the slalom, same car and tires but different day. I think as far as instrumented tests go, the slalom is the best measure of handling (not grip, but balance and handling).

Tests with the FRPP Track Pack Vs PP
http://www.edmunds.com/ford/mustang...ord-mustang-gt-performance-testing-redux.html

Original test of PP Vs competitors (including 1LE, 2011 GT with Brembo Package)
http://www.edmunds.com/ford/mustang.../2015-ford-mustang-gt-performance-tested.html

Other thoughts/comments of the FRPP handling pack
http://www.edmunds.com/ford/mustang...rd-mustang-gt-ride-height-makes-me-happy.html

The 72.2 mph Vs stock 69.3 mph was better than a 1LE (70.8).
Nothing to sneeze at. Also, it seems according to Insideline the car rides well and feels better under cornering, is not bouncy and has a good stance.

Looks like this kit is a really good balance of value, handling, looks and DD'ing comfort. Owners, keep adding your subjective thoughts (also if you have tried these Vs Steeda/BMR springs it would be very helpful).

Personally I've got the BMR SP083 Handling Springs and Koni Yellows in my mind (along with some braces/bearings) as their handling springs have a similar drop as the FRPP track springs (mild drop) and are linear unlike the FRPP (track springs are progressive - but does it really matter?) - but I worry the BMR ones might be too harsh DD'ing.

They do offer their milder SP080 performance springs if I'm not mistaken are very similar to the stock PP springs in rate so not sure if I'd see any handling improvements (Kelly correct me if I'm wrong). I wonder how this will do paired with the FRPP dampers.

Steeda Ultralite and FRPP dampers like some have suggested is a no go for me as the drop is too much and on top of that the Ultralites lose a lot of the stock rake that helps with visibility (although they seem to be winning great reviews out here!)

Regardless, looks like the FRPP track pack is a winner and on my list for serious consideration.

:ford:
Sponsored

Last edited:

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Curious if Eibach is using their own spring rates or FRPP specified ones...

If you like the PP ride, can't go wrong with BMRs linear springs. Its almost the same as PP rates but is way above in performance & handling not to mention, a minimal drop.

dcasandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS Premium 2016
3mph difference nothing to sneeze at

Sponsored

OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
3mph difference nothing to sneeze at
For sure although I'd say a 72+ mph slalom is REALLY GOOD and honestly insane for this class/weight of car - even more remarkable on stock Pirellis. Its better than what a 911 GT2 and C6 Z06 was putting down 3 years back (70 mph). I remember the C6 ZR1 and GTR putting down a 74mph slalom in official instrumented tests.

OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Just trying to one up the Camaro for now
Same here. I'd be pleased if we can match the 2SS Camaro, although no reason to believe it should not be possible in objective numbers with a good suspension and wheels/tires etc. Right off the bat it is lower than the Stang and has less unsprung weight from the factory (suspension parts wit drilled holes etc) - our cars are weighed down by boat anchors for wheels etc.

But without reducing unsprung weight etc (maybe BMR, Maximum Motorsports, Steeda would know better), not sure how we create the feeling of a 'smaller lighter driving car' that GM seems to have miraculously done with the Camaro SS which has the same weight.

I wonder how much closer this simple FRPP package brings us to the 2SS.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Nice find. I believe Mustangcollector was saying it was MUCH improved with springs and the FRPP track handling pack.

On a side not that's the first review I have seen of the FRPP short shifter and pretty much what we expected.

"Shifter allows rapid shifts, but feels bad for tranny. No new news here."

Sponsored

dcasandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS Premium 2016
It's always good when you mod your car hoping it improves more than just the look, and then what you have done is actually verified in testing:)

Butter77

Ha....You said Member...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT PP
Believe there are some that have paired the SP080 with the FRPP kit and think highly of it. A little birdy told me the SP080 and Koni combo is a winner as well, but of course that's still all hearsay for now:ninja:

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Thanks for posting this, OP! I currently have Eibach Sportlines, and my Ford Racing shocks and struts are in the box waiting to go on soon (likely tomorrow), so I'll be able to give everyone my impression of this combo soon (I also have BMR sway bars). I previously had Steeda Ultralite springs, but I wasn't a fan of the fitment in the front, and the drop still made the front of the car look a little too high. My hope is that the Sportlines and FRPP dampers will be a good combo, and not too far off of the feel or performance with the FRPP springs.

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Looks like this kit is a really good balance of value, handling, looks and DD'ing comfort. Owners, keep adding your subjective thoughts (also if you have tried these Vs Steeda/BMR springs it would be very helpful).

:ford:
I was concerned with that as well, and I have to say, while they are very taught, they are by no means harsh. Each person is different though. I actually was shocked at how compliant they are. I think I'd have been unhappy with the performance springs based on the fact that the Handling is so compliant.

Also, I wouldn't call them a mild drop, at least to me. It's a moderate drop IMO.

FivepointOHYEAH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 6M
I wish this thread got more traction,'pardon the pun, I've read about the handling package but most parts get 10-50 different opinions and reviews but this kit has gotten really only 1 good one, this kit seeks for the price 100x better than anything on the market. Money aside seems comparable to the best. I'll be putting this on my ride after tax season aka busy season.
Sponsored