Sponsored

FRPP QUADS WITH GT350 VALENCE

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Odd question, but what do you who have installed this think the odds of going back to stock are to sell the car later?

I know the black trim piece holds to the bumper and lower painted piece via clips. Or is it not worth keeping the cutoff part/black trim?
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Those borla mufflers that comes on the GT350 valance look like regular 1 in 1 out mufflers but with a Y on the outlet.
Hence the muffler shop having to modify whatever set up you already have.

For example, I would have to add a Y-pipe on my set up to make the valance work.

Keep us up to date on what you end up doing.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The FRRP mufflers that come with it are just a Y pipe. Any exhaust shop can fab one for your current mufflers.

OR you can go more DIY and get the IKON 350 valence which actually is fairly close to the OEM looking, and get Y tips as the IKON doesnt have the tips built into the valence like the OEM. so the Y tip shold be chrome and are your actual tips. And those should clamp on eliminating needing to bring it to a shop.

Im at a toss up between the 2 setups, but I know I want something louder than the Sport axlebacks since I have Roush now and I like my sound. The OEM valence is $725 (plus approx $32 shipping) and then prob $100 at the exhaust shop to make and weld on Y 2.5 pipe like the FRRP mufflers. The IKON is all of $320 (free shipping) or so and the clamp on 2.5 to 4" Y tips are around $120. Half the cost for the same look.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
The FRRP mufflers that come with it are just a Y pipe. Any exhaust shop can fab one for your current mufflers.

OR you can go more DIY and get the IKON 350 valence which actually is fairly close to the OEM looking, and get Y tips as the IKON doesnt have the tips built into the valence like the OEM. so the Y tip shold be chrome and are your actual tips. And those should clamp on eliminating needing to bring it to a shop.

Im at a toss up between the 2 setups, but I know I want something louder than the Sport axlebacks since I have Roush now and I like my sound. The OEM valence is $725 (plus approx $32 shipping) and then prob $100 at the exhaust shop to make and weld on Y 2.5 pipe like the FRRP mufflers. The IKON is all of $320 (free shipping) or so and the clamp on 2.5 to 4" Y tips are around $120. Half the cost for the same look.
Pretty sure someone on the coyote FB pages put an IKON piece and said it was sub standard in the quality and fitment department.

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Pretty sure someone on the coyote FB pages put an IKON piece and said it was sub standard in the quality and fitment department.
Ive seen a few threads otherwise. Terminated made one and he's happy with it, and it looks near OEM to me minus one design change with the backup light vs OEM that I could find (and it's not a quality issue but just designed slightly different).

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67612

I take facebook opinions with a grain of salt; especially when people want to blame user error on the company and go on a tirade. I tend more to trust the opinion of enthusiasts like on here.

MoneyPit#53

Sheeple Shepherd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

MoneyPit#53

Sheeple Shepherd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0
And for those of us not in the group, it says?

what's your opinion of the IKON. I havent heard much bad about it honestly.
Just a few pics of my setup and my opinion of the Ikon GT350 rear valance. Which is:

- It fits pretty good with the exception of the reverse light. Other than that, you can't beat it for the price.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Sponsored

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
I almost bought the ikon but I didn't like the fake mesh.

Jonspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just want the GT350 Rear valance to work with my Corsa extreme, would that be possible if I bought corsa quad tip exhaust??

MoneyPit#53

Sheeple Shepherd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0
I just want the GT350 Rear valance to work with my Corsa extreme, would that be possible if I bought corsa quad tip exhaust??
No. You would have to get a set of 3" ID inlet / 3.5 or 4" dual outlet tips.

Edit* Something similar to these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dual-3-5-Qu...ash=item4d54a09bc1:g:5OMAAOSwgZ1XvM-c&vxp=mtr

Not sure if the inlet on these is inside or outside diameter. Worst case scenario, if they are 3" OD, a exhaust shop could expand them 1mm and make them 3" ID which would allow them to be slipped on and clamped to the exit end of your Corsa mufflers.

Last edited:

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Just a few pics of my setup and my opinion of the Ikon GT350 rear valance. Which is:

- It fits pretty good with the exception of the reverse light. Other than that, you can't beat it for the price.
I think it looks good. What were the issues with the reverse light? Other than it doesn't match the OEM design exactly obviously. Is that plastic above your reverse light chewed up it looks like!?! Hope it didn't come like that!

Do you happen to know the overall length of the dual tips you're running? I've seen from 9-11 inches and too long they will stick out a lot.

PS inlet is typically always ID on those above and tips are OD

I almost bought the ikon but I didn't like the fake mesh.
It's a replica at less than 1/2 of the $725 plus shipping cost ($30 roughly) of the OEM and don't need and exhaust shop if you just get clamp on tips per the above post.

Big big difference between $850 for OEM and $430 for the IKON with tips when taking something that is barely seen standing around the car even.

I think that's being a bit nitpicky unless you get 6 inches from the valence or someone has seen the real deal in person side by side with yours. The mesh plastic does nothing.

Last edited:

MoneyPit#53

Sheeple Shepherd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0
I think it looks good. What were the issues with the reverse light? Other than it doesn't match the OEM design exactly obviously.

Do you happen to know the overall length of the dual tips you're running? I've seen from 9-11 inches and too long they will stick out a lot.

PS inlet is typically always ID on those above and tips are OD

It's a replica at less than 1/2 of the $725 plus shipping cost ($30 roughly) of the OEM and don't need and exhaust shop if you just get clamp on tips per the above post.

Big big difference between $850 for OEM and $430 for the IKON with tips when taking something that is barely seen standing around the car even.

I think that's being a bit nitpicky unless you get 6 inches from the valence or someone has seen the real deal in person side by side with yours. The mesh plastic does nothing.
Here is the link of the exact same tips I installed:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dual-4-Quad...ash=item361259090b:g:5OMAAOSwgZ1XvM-c&vxp=mtr

I would normally agree that inlet is usually ID and out is OD. However, the tips I used, the inlet was indeed OD.

Here's the modifications I had to make to my mufflers/tips:

Cut the inlet portion clean off the tips at the red line. Ideally one would like to use a set of tips that are about 7.5" in length to reduce the amount the tips stick out the valance exits

Then I removed about 1" from the exit pipe of my LM2 mufflers and also removed 1" from the hanger and re-welded. Had to shorten the hanger in order to raise the muffler angle because it sat a little low in the valance for my liking.
6.jpg
7.jpg
Sponsored