FRPP QUADS WITH GT350 VALENCE

DeepImpactGTny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Deep Impact Blue MT PP
Looks like I might jump on the borla resonator train too. Installed the touring system this weekend, and I don't know what it is, but it sounds obnoxious going from first to second to third. Dead quiet at high way speeds though, but with the amount of stop and go traffic that I experience daily the volume is giving me a headache.... :headbonk:
Sponsored

Mira

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miroslav
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016
Hi guys,

does anybody have any comparison between Borla resonator vs. Stock resonator?
I am well aware of weight savings but I am wondering what would be the difference in the sound (interior/exterior)?

Thanks.

AppoTheApple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT DIB
I haven't seen any posts about this but was curious, how much are dealers charging to install? Was looking at getting one but don't want to pay 300+ for install.

Sini5ter08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I will be buying the premium bumper and just the gt350 valance. I have corsa extremes (which I love by the way) and I am definitely not going with borla. Going to have an exhaust shop custom build the outlets to go in the tips on the valance. Hopefully this can be done. Haven't seen anyone do it.

Last edited:

g2ney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Anyone who's running the quad tip Sports exhaust - how would you compare the sound to the regular double tip FRPP Borla sports exhaust? Little louder?

And how does the quad tip Sports loudness compare to say Borla S-type, and Corsa Sport/Extreme?

Sponsored

MustangNick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 cobra
I have heard it is possible to install the valence without having to remove the whole bumper.....any tips from those who tackled the install this way?

AV80R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Twister Orange L0376
I have heard it is possible to install the valence without having to remove the whole bumper.....any tips from those who tackled the install this way?
It's quite easy actually. Back it up on ramps, pop off the black trip piece, cut off the center diffuser with a dremel, and pop the GT350 valance on. Of course you'll have a few items to transfer to the new valance, and a few fasteners and screws to deal with. Ignore the bumper removal steps, follow the instructions thereafter, and you'll be fine.

DeepImpactGTny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Deep Impact Blue MT PP
I did it without removing the bumper as well. Put it on ramps and slid underneath the rear bumper. Three bolts on each side which are a pain in the ass to get. After that use a knife to split all the tabs, there are 15 or so of them all around and then slowly pull out the valence, do the cuts of the colored piece(used a small dremel). Transfer the backup light and the reflectors. Putting the new valence on is the easiest part of it all, took me maybe 5 minutes out of the 6 and a half hours that it took me to do the whole thing. Then put those 6 bolts back and you're done. The exhaust itself is a breeze to do.
IMG_9955.jpg
IMG_9959.jpg
IMG_9977.jpg

Ashiq73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6 Speed Magnetic Metallic
@ Sini5ter08,

Where would you purchase just the GT350 Valence by itself?

Seems like they only sell it with the exhaust?

Thanks

Sponsored

Sini5ter08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Levittown ford sales the valance only for $725. They are a sponsor on this site

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
would the valance work with corsa quad tips?

Sini5ter08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
would the valance work with corsa quad tips?
From what I have seen, no. I'm going to have the shop put a y pipe coming out from the corsa mufflers into the tips in the valance so it will work just like the the mufflers that come with the valance

BruceStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
I have the GT350 Sport cat back and just had the VMP GEN 2R Stage 3 installed, wow! I liked the sound before but now it sounds amazing. I'll have to post up a vid

AppoTheApple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT DIB
Just purchased these and got a quote from a dealer in Oregon... 880 dollars for the install.
Sponsored