Sponsored

Front Number Plate Holder - Discount Code: "Mustang6G" @ LakinPlates

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
I notice that Philip recommends that you allow the double sided tape to sit for thirty minutes after attachment before you screw on the plates/Kingpins - did you do this Ian?
Hi Drew,

Once I drilled the pilot holes I put the screws in and gave each a couple of turns.

I lifted the backing slightly on each circular double sided tape spacers, just to make it easier to remove. Then I held the bracket and put the screws in but i didn't tighten them up, I left enough room to slip my fingers in to remove the tape backing.

Once I did that I held the bracket, lined it up square and pushed it to fix the tape keeping the pressure on for a minute or so. These brackets are so well made they just sit perfectly while you tighten the screws up.

The other thing to watch for are the Kingpin covers, you need to make sure the number plate pushes snugly into the recess on the bottom. This makes it easier to line up the cover and number plate holes with the backing bracket, especially for the front.

You get a real thrill when you see them installed, they are for sure a quality product.
Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks all for the constructive criticism and fitting advice, have taken it all on board.

Spoke to Philip tonight and I'm confident that the dealer's efforts will be totally concealed once the Lakin brackets are installed.

:thumbsup:

hao_xuee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota aurion
hi , i'm new to this topic , where i can buy front Number Plate Holder ? will dealer install it for me ? i have vic mustang number plate , thank you all

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Does anyone have a photo of a front Lakin bracket installed on a NSW car (134mm x 372mm)?

Thanks.

Bump for this, would like to see how the 134mm plates look on the front bar. preferably on Lakin mount, however, any pics of the 134mm plate on S550 appreciated.

Last edited:

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Bump for this, would like to see how the 134mm plates look on the front bar. preferably on Lakin mount, however, any pics of the 134mm plate on S550 appreciated.
attachment.jpg

134mm x 372mm plates on Lakin bracket with Kingpin cover.

Sponsored

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
134mm x 372mm plates on Lakin bracket with Kingpin cover.
Ahh thanks !

I didnt realise the nrl plates were the same size .... That looks pretty good. You happy withe the plates/plate holders?

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Ahh thanks !

I didnt realise the nrl plates were the same size .... That looks pretty good. You happy withe the plates/plate holders?
Yeah mate they are perfect. The Lakin/Kingpin "bend" adds that little bit of extra style - very refined and solid as a rock.

Also happy that they completely covered the dealership's uninvited drilling exploits.

:doh:

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
Hi all

can anyone tell me if the "Craig's custom number plate bracket" are legal in NSW? I dont know if they have to be permanently mounted?
cheers
simon

Aussie Mate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt K1121 - (2019 Model) - Built 28 Aug 2018
Hi all

can anyone tell me if the "Craig's custom number plate bracket" are legal in NSW? I dont know if they have to be permanently mounted?
cheers
simon
As far as I am aware they are legal.
A number plate has to be mounted on a car front & back. Even a so called "normal mounted numberplate" is not permanent - as it can be removed by unscrewing the screws.

And I dont think we need to weld number plates onto a car.

camo74x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0, Ingot
Yeah mate they are perfect. The Lakin/Kingpin "bend" adds that little bit of extra style - very refined and solid as a rock.

Also happy that they completely covered the dealership's uninvited drilling exploits.

:doh:
+1

Sponsored

Black Hat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I like the Vic Mustang plates but have a feeling that the front plate is just too big.

Do they let you mix and match with slimline plates?

2-STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mystangmods.com.au
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
I like the Vic Mustang plates but have a feeling that the front plate is just too big.

Do they let you mix and match with slimline plates?
Don't think so:frusty:, Otherwise I would have got it lol

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
For those wondering what a 'trimmed' Sto N Sho looks like with smallish slimline plates:

DSC_2804_1600x900.jpg

More pictures and thoughts after I get back on top of work and life which has been temporarily put on hold due to the new baby in my life haha

It's so good. I love it.

IngotGT2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 INGOT SILVER GT
For those wondering what a 'trimmed' Sto N Sho looks like with smallish slimline plates:

DSC_2804_1600x900.jpg

More pictures and thoughts after I get back on top of work and life which has been temporarily put on hold due to the new baby in my life haha

It's so good. I love it.
Looks friggen awesome, great idea.
Can you do a close up of it so i can show mc ford what i want.
cheers

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT