sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
It's evolutionarily sound.

My favorite is when done competitively on some forums.

1696897124102.png
Hello; On a few occasions the practice has been amusing and confusing. During heated exchanges on topics such as Covid and lately BEV's some who have a few of us on ignore continue to post without all information. I and others will give a detailed explanation with proper links to back us up. Those who have me and others on ignore will continue to post what was just discredited.

I do not know if the MB cars were top competitors in this last race. They started in 2nd and 3rd place so might have been.
Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Absolutely Lewis' fault. He was the only driver with room to give and should have for obvious reasons (first lap, team driver, dust on the track, etc).

He knows it, the drivers know it, the world knows it.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Absolutely Lewis' fault. He was the only driver with room to give and should have for obvious reasons (first lap, team driver, dust on the track, etc).

Lewis was just trying to force George to tighten his line which would have slowed George down and allowed Lewis past. He just didn't know George was threading a needle. Could happen to anyone. Lewis was much more aggressive against George in prior races and likely believed he would give way again. I suspect frustration from not winning races and George being rated so close by the public was a contributor. I mean if Lewis was faster than George, the team would have asked them to switch places anyway. Lewis' target was more about possibly getting ahead of Max at the same time.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Lewis was just trying to force George to tighten his line which would have slowed George down and allowed Lewis past. He just didn't know George was threading a needle. Could happen to anyone. Lewis was much more aggressive against George in prior races and likely believed he would give way again. I suspect frustration from not winning races and George being rated so close by the public was a contributor. I mean if Lewis was faster than George, the team would have asked them to switch places anyway. Lewis' target was more about possibly getting ahead of Max at the same time.
Oh we all know what he was trying to do...but we also know he should have left more room.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Oh we all know what he was trying to do...but we also know he should have left more room.
I was explaining why he made the mistake.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
The fans make a bigger deal of it than the drivers. These incidents happen within milliseconds and they understand that.
Hello; Some time back I saw a TV program with a used (retired) quarterback on it . One who is in ads for a pill. The pill nor the ads are important for this point. The interviewer asked him a question to which he said he was not allowed to comment I presumed due to his contract with the pill company. The drivers and teams have to keep a lot of comments to themselves. At least public comments.
It is us, the fans, who are free to speak of these things.
Hello; These comments nail it. He (LH) knew what he was doing. The collisions may only take milliseconds but the decisions to make such moves are purposefully made. I cannot truly know Hamiltons mind so this is only unsupported speculation. My guess is he is only truly sorry his car got taken out. He may have expected that Russell would give way for him. We know he is not shy about wrecking Max from past incidents.
I think they should start him from the back of the grid next race.

Yorkshire_OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
We know he is not shy about wrecking Max from past incidents.
Oh wow. Almost every driver has torpedo'd someone else at some point. Most of the big names have, how long have you been watching F1? Do you only remember the last few years.

I think LH is getting sloppy 100% I'm not a LH fan or a MV fan but I remember a certain few seasons where almost everyone on the grid had this exact opinion about MV when he first arrived.

Schumacher - Forceful to the point he was over the line many times
Senna - Forceful to the point he was over the line many times
Hamilton - Forceful to the point he was over the line many times
Max - Forceful to the point he was over the line many times
Vettel - Forceful to the point he was over the line many times
Piquet (Snr) - Forceful to the point he was over the line many times
Even Damon Hill! - Forceful to the point he was over the line a couple of times

I believe most of the rash decisions come from frustrations about needing to take every single opportunity even if it's not really on.

to quote Ayrton Senna: "If there's a gap and you don't go for it, you are no longer a racing driver."

To say LH is worse than MV is fantastically short sighted. When Michael Schumacher retired and then came back as a Mercedes driver he was making all sorts of mistakes even though the fire was still there. I do think LH needs to assess whether he still has the precision to do what he does, he HAS made too many mistakes in the last couple of years overdriving a car that hasn't had the pace to fight.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
how long have you been watching F1? Do you only remember the last few years.
Hello; Following F1 since the 1960's from Road &Track when I could afford it. For ten years after I graduated college, I was paying back student loans for my wife and myself. Watching started sometime in the 1990's on a semi regular basis.
exact opinion about MV when he first arrived.
Hello; Who is MV?
Schumacher - Forceful to the point he was over the line many times
Senna - Forceful to the point he was over the line many times
Hamilton - Forceful to the point he was over the line many times
Max - Forceful to the point he was over the line many times
Vettel - Forceful to the point he was over the line many times
Piquet (Snr) - Forceful to the point he was over the line many times
Even Damon Hill! - Forceful to the point he was over the line a couple of times
Hello; I tend to agree with your list more or less. I rank Schumaker much worse than all the others. I never singled out Hamilton, he happens to still be active currently.

I do think LH needs to assess whether he still has the precision to do what he does, he HAS made too many mistakes in the last couple of years overdriving a car that hasn't had the pace to fight.
Hello; I agree. Top drivers tend to stay too long at the dance for whatever reason. But to your comment. Such is what I mean when i state he should have known better than to try the move which wrecked two team cars. He is a Championship level driver with years of experience.
The title was already lost for the season. His teammate was ahead of him on the grid. Hamilton has often been outdriven by Russell of late.
The flimsy excuse about the soft tires making the move plausible does not hold up. His soft tires ought to have made it a bit more likely to hold the track around the outside of the curve. Had he stayed to the outside and given his rivals (Yes Russell is his rival) enough room things may have played out less damming for him.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Ted Kravitz stunned by key Mercedes trigger for Lewis Hamilton-George Russell shunt (msn.com)

Hello; Maybe by the end of the week Hamilton fans will have convinced themselves it was Russell not playing well with friends that caused the issue.
This reads Hamilton on softs with Russell and Max on mediums. Hamilton needs different strategy to take advantage so Russell ought to have been told to let him go past. H then can run faster with the softs. Makes sense for MB as a team if such was the orders.
Call me contrary or whatever but I still do not see how turning into his teammate in the first curve would be part of the plan. OH OH, I guess Russell was to dutifully back off and let H go by. If such were team orders then R gets some blame.
Still do not see how Hamilton did not know Russell was to his right.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)

Yorkshire_OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Hello; Following F1 since the 1960's from Road &Track when I could afford it. For ten years after I graduated college, I was paying back student loans for my wife and myself. Watching started sometime in the 1990's on a semi regular basis.

Hello; Who is MV?

Hello; I tend to agree with your list more or less. I rank Schumaker much worse than all the others. I never singled out Hamilton, he happens to still be active currently.

Hello; I agree. Top drivers tend to stay too long at the dance for whatever reason. But to your comment. Such is what I mean when i state he should have known better than to try the move which wrecked two team cars. He is a Championship level driver with years of experience.
The title was already lost for the season. His teammate was ahead of him on the grid. Hamilton has often been outdriven by Russell of late.
The flimsy excuse about the soft tires making the move plausible does not hold up. His soft tires ought to have made it a bit more likely to hold the track around the outside of the curve. Had he stayed to the outside and given his rivals (Yes Russell is his rival) enough room things may have played out less damming for him.
MV = Max Verstappen???!!?

And you are absolutely singling out LH on every post!

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
MV = Max Verstappen???!!?

And you are absolutely singling out LH on every post!
Hello; Well, we are currently discussing his (LH) bonehead move in the first corner. So yes I am focused on that incident as have been others. I posted some links from journalist who also have concentrated on that particular incident.
Guess we could talk about the time Schumacher had a good time during final qualifying and just stopped his car on the track to prevent anyone else from beating him. But frankly such is old news.

Is there anything else worthy of discussion from the last race? I posted a question about the heat affecting the drivers and asked about that but got crickets. Got plenty of push back over Hamiltons boneheadd move tho.
Sponsored