Sponsored

Ford visor garage door opener issues

mjribeiro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Sierra HD, 15 Acadia, 21 Aviator, 10 Explorer
You guys should contact HomeLink online at www.homelink.com or by calling their toll-free help line at 1-800-355-3515.

Deysha
Deysha - Why would I call homelink? All of my other (new) cars control the doors just fine. Its my new Ford that dosnt work!
Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Deysha - Why would I call homelink? All of my other (new) cars control the doors just fine. Its my new Ford that dosnt work!
They should be able to troubleshoot it with you, mjribeiro. Your next step is to contact your local Ford Dealer. Let me know what happens.

Deysha

astolt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT PP
I work with landscape lighting. We do lots of work with LED. Led is the main reason way the garage door will not open. Some of the garage door company's have a different case for the light area of the garage door opener. So if you have LEDs in your garage door opener then that's one problem. Now if you have landscape lighting and its LED lighting then this could be the problem. I know someone had said they have switch back LEDs on the car this to can be the problem. My company has work around this and we now have LEDs that will work and not interfere with the garage door opener signal. If the LED is your problem call your garage door company they do have something to help solve this problem.
Interesting.

It works sometimes, sometimes it doesn't. I'll have to try it tonight when I get home and turn off my lights before engaging the button.

The weird thing too is that the light on the motor itself is flickering as if its a loose bulb or varying voltage. I planned this week to try and reset the board.

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
My opener is an 18 year old Genie Intellicode model. I have to be close to the door and sometimes point the visor forward, but it works fine. :thumbsup:

ultimate warrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
ahem hem

there is an incompatibility between homelink and some brands of garage door openers, including Chamberlain and Craftsman (i believe)

to solve this issue look into a device called a Chamberlain Compatibility Bridge.

not sure it if exactly applies to your scenario, but it might.

Sponsored

astolt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT PP
Went home last night and cleared all the codes on the board. Re programed all the hand held remotes and pulled the car out of the garage facing the unit to reprogram.

Left my switchbacks off when programming and everything seems to work like it used to.

The range of the mustangs opener still is to be desired but its not crappy anymore.

Flickering light was solved too...new bulb :headbonk:

jedirocker

Threads
Reaction score
Website
visualuniverse.org
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
My opener buttons completely stopped working yesterday. I have 2 programmed, and neither will work. Hoping dealership can solve problem.

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Because Homelink is a Homelink product and not a Ford product? In my book, Ford has nothing to do if the system works in your garage door or not. Homelink are the ones responsable to maintain compatibility with new openers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
ahem hem

there is an incompatibility between homelink and some brands of garage door openers, including Chamberlain and Craftsman (i believe)

to solve this issue look into a device called a Chamberlain Compatibility Bridge.

not sure it if exactly applies to your scenario, but it might.
FWIW - most Craftsman openers are made by Chamberlain & are just "rebadged" and/or have very minor cosmetic changes. This goes back over 15 years.

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
FWIW - most Craftsman openers are made by Chamberlain & are just "rebadged" and/or have very minor cosmetic changes. This goes back over 15 years.
Chamberline makes liftmaster, craftsman and other brand called something like Aviator

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Sponsored

astolt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT PP
Reset everything. Clear the codes and re program all your remotes/visor. Worked for me.

GTU4EAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
I had the exact same problem as you all are describing. It was definitely caused by LED bulbs in the garage opener. If you've replaced your bulbs in your opener with LED bulbs, try removing them and then try your visor opener again... Chances are it will work!
Thanks for this. I removed the LED bulbs from my Chamberlain opener, replaced with incandescent bulbs and everything works perfectly now!

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I did read about LED bulbs creating interference and on rare occasions fluorescent bulbs also, so I removed the bulbs today with no luck. I put a vivint wireless camera in my garage around the same time I got my mustang..I wonder if the LED lights in that might be causing the issue? I've got some testing to do...
I have security cameras in my garage with LED lighting and, aside from not having that great of range, my garage buttons work fine. I have to hold the button down longer than I had to on my Chevy truck (just a press from like 5 miles away seemed to work, even!) but it works.

With my garage door opener, it will only allow like 4 controllers + hardwire. After that, for some reason, either disallows one and favors another it seems, almost random which one it fails. I don't know how it knows which controller is sending a signal, but at one point I had 6 controllers (2 were key chain), two in cars, and the 2 remotes it came with and after setting up the two cars at about the same time, one of the keychain ones stopped working entirely and one of the regular remotes stopped working - batteries were fine.

Perhaps this is your issue. But you do have to hold down that button for a bit before it actually does anything, which gets a lot of folks.

Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I had the same issue, removed the LED bulbs and put back the incandescent bulbs. Works just fine now.
Sponsored