Sponsored

Ford visor garage door opener issues

11GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I've got a Chamberlain 3/4hp garage door that's worked fine up until I programmed my 2015 mustang to it. The issue is the opener wont respond to the commands from the buttons in the visor to open or close the door. This happens with my Mustang, '12 F150, and the remote that came with the opener that I use in my Fiesta (although this remote works more often than the buttons in the visors in the stang and f150, but still fails at times also). The problem is random, I'd say 99% fail rate in the mustang, 70% in the f150, and about 30% in the Fiesta. Things I've tried include changing the battery in the remote in the Fiesta, deleting all codes on the opener and visors and reprogramming all, cleaning the safety beam lens, changing the light bulbs on the opener, straightened out the signal receiver wire and have it pointing towards the garage door instead of just dangling. What else can I do short of buying a new opener? It almost seems as if the mustang corrupted the opener somehow because this problem didn't exist until the mustang came along...
Sponsored

mpwillis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Monty
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Vert, '92 911 Cabrio
Just throwing it out there....I've had some intermittent issues I'm pretty sure are caused by LED lights in the opener. Opener still works but sporadic. Other openers (code and wall) seem to work fine.

OP
OP

11GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I did read about LED bulbs creating interference and on rare occasions fluorescent bulbs also, so I removed the bulbs today with no luck. I put a vivint wireless camera in my garage around the same time I got my mustang..I wonder if the LED lights in that might be causing the issue? I've got some testing to do...

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Had to have mine replaced within the first week or ownership, took them all of 10 minutes to do. Since then, haven't had any issues. My garage door synced with the opener w/o having to put it into "learn" mode.

But I do find inconsistencies with the range even with it working "as expected".

Sponsored

OP
OP

11GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Did ford have to do any testing or did they just swap it out without hassle?

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
We moved into a house with Brand X openers, no manuals, and no way to know how to train the visor switches. Hope I don't lose the remotes!

keiths2kgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT PP 50th AP
Mine works great. Craftsman opener and it worked the first time I syned it. No issues since

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
mine is very temperamental

I have to be almost touching the door with my bumper for the freaking thing to open

my daily can open the same door from like 3 houses down the road

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
i gave up on getting mine to sync and i've had the car for a year on the 15th... i need to figure it out though so i can take the garage door opener off the visor because stupid garage door opener rattles, pos.

Sponsored

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Are you leaving the button pressed till the garage open or you just press and release it?

You can errase all codes on the homelink system also. press simultaneously the first and third button on the visor for around 30sc till it starts flashing. Reprogram the transmitter on the homelink by pressing the remote button and the homelink button you want to use. It will flash slow and then fast. When fast, you are done. Hit the program key on the homelink visor system. It should flash rapidly and lit constantly for few seconds then off. On other systems, you are done after programming the transmitter. In some cases, if using a rolling code transmitter, after programming the remote on the homelink, you need to go to the operator, press the learn button in the back for 2 seconds, then between the next 30scs go to your car and press the button you programmed on the homelink till the light bulb on the operator flashes.

Last edited:

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I suspect the reason they tell you to program with the car outside is because these things are actually variable output, not fixed, as you would expect. I originally programmed mine in the garage, and it has sucked from the beginning, basically requiring me to touch the door or it wouldn't work, but it worked just fine on the other two doors. In fact, I usually have to open another door first, in order to get it to work. I just today reprogrammed the button from the end of the driveway, all doors down, and it seems to have made a difference - I was actually able to open and close the door from 30+ feet away, rather than touching the door and still not working.

OP
OP

11GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I press and release. I can have the mustang as close as possible and it still won't open. I turned the LED lights off my camera and the truck was able to open the door (wouldn't open a couple of hours before). Now I can't see anything inside my garage though, night vision needs the led lights to be on. I think I'm just going to buy a new opener with smartphone connectivity. Screw this remote nonsense.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
put in a chamberlain 3/4 last week and reprogrammed just fine. Previous opener was 20 years old and I had it programmed to that one prior.

Hmm I may have to try programming from the end of the driveway. Right now it open open until Im about halfway up the driveway. I originally programmed it within halfway of the driveway.

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Don't press and release. Let it pressed for couple of seconds.
Sponsored