Ford reports FY15 global Mustang sales 110,000

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
And to think there were a couple years Ford sold over half a million Mustangs. To even think the 79 Mustang sales were close to 400K.

Goes to show just how tough the market has become. But there is also a direct correlation to size/weight and mustang sales. The best selling models were lightest.

Congrats to Ford and Mustang. Hopefully that means Ford has some extra cash to throw at development of special editions and the next gen.
True, but also the competition is so much more capable and numerous these days. Back in the 70's, Honda and Toyota were no where near as reputable as they are today, Nissan was a low volume seller. It was basically the big 3 and that was it. Also the bigger cars were total boats and had no appeal except for practicality. Put the S550 back in that era and you would probably be selling a million a year. :)
Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I'd been waiting for years to own a Mustang - fell in love with them during my first trip to the US in '95 and finally achieved my dream when I took delivery early this month.

Such is the demand, some dealers are quoting around an eighteen month delivery estimate from order at the moment. My car took a little over a year to arrive, having ordered the day after local pricing was announced.

It is everything that I expected and then some. The interest that is shown by the public whilst out and about is nothing that I have ever experienced before - they are still a fairly rare sight on our roads.

Thanks :ford: for allowing so many of us to get in on the act.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I'd been waiting for years to own a Mustang - fell in love with them during my first trip to the US in '95 and finally achieved my dream when I took delivery early this month.

Such is the demand, some dealers are quoting around an eighteen month delivery estimate from order at the moment. My car took a little over a year to arrive, having ordered the day after local pricing was announced.

It is everything that I expected and then some. The interest that is shown by the public whilst out and about is nothing that I have ever experienced before - they are still a fairly rare sight on our roads.

Thanks :ford: for allowing so many of us to get in on the act.
Great story:cheers::cheers:

jrock

The
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Blue EB
Vehicle Showcase
There goes my resale value...

Sponsored

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
I have been a monster mustang fan since they first came out...I was about eight at that time...living out in the country in Australia....one of my first jobs was working for a guy that imported muscle cars from the USA... he ran a 66 fastback as a drag car and for a young man to be able to work on these things it was amazing. I was fortunate enough to own a 65 coupe for a while when I worked there in the 1970's.
I have lusted for a 65/66 fastback or a 69/70 Boss 302 for a resto project for years.
My wife is also a mustang nut as well and had been pressuring me to shell out for the 5g models here in Oz that had been converted to rhd....they were asking more than $100,000 for them...There was no way that could happen.
Then in 2012, rumours were starting that the 6g version of the mustang would be available in rhd.
We were glued to the internet for a couple of years, sucking up any info we could.
After waiting over fifteen months from ordering and placing a deposit until delivery, the most magnificent orange beast ever to grace the planet is now sitting in our garage... a huge thanks to Ford for having the foresight to build the mighty mustang as a global car.......
I am one very happy man..

ArtRios87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Brembo Pack
Ford made a killer car with the 2015 Mustang. Not only does it look totally different as compared to the 2011-2014 Models, it also does this by retaining what makes a Mustang a Mustang. If I didn't currently own a 2011 Mustang GT, I am sure I would be driving a 2015 GT. I think by 2018 I will be out looking for another Mustang to either replace my current one or if possible, keep the two :D

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
If only our government didn't have an effective ban on de V8 ... I heard they sold 4 V8 stangs to expats who are exempt from paying tax here, so they also don't have to pay the $70k 'CO2 fine' on top of the retail price they they buy one. Only 70 cars sold so far here .. so even if you drive 'just' an Ecoboost (with added $14k CO2 tax), it's considered pretty rare and special.

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
“While much of the growth in Mustang demand in the United States has come from coastal markets – especially Southern California – and millennials opting for the 2.3-liter EcoBoost® engine, buyers in other countries prefer the V8,” he says. “That unmistakable V8 warble is a hot commodity outside the U.S.”

And a hot commodity inside the U.S. I get a smile every time I walk out to my car and a grin every time I start her up. Way to go :ford::ford::ford:

And love the first pic of the race red overlooking the city. Thanks for posting.

Sponsored

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
Oh no...they classified the Mustang as a 'Sports Coupe'... LOL

MattsyBoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Analeigh Magnetic GT PP